Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,402 Views | 37594 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by CTGilley
tx4guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's about normal. It hits Texas warehouses around Nov. 1, but most hits shelves the week before Thanksgiving.
jsn1986
AG
What TX said, the BTAC I found last year was mid-November.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Had a few pours of the OFBB at a bar tonight and got notes of caramel and apple, overall it was very good. If the bottle I found last week is in store I will definitely be purchasing it.
The Silverback
AG
Got a new Pappy contact recently, score a bunch of the 15 year and he is supposed to come through with several bottles of 23 and 20 this fall

[url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/mvanber4/media/pappy_zpsnfywjq7a.png.html][/url]
AggieChemist
AG
Geezus. I hope that was bought at MSRP.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Let me know if one of those 15s is for sale.
GregZeppelin
AG
Are you willing to part with any of them?
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
Got a new Pappy contact recently, score a bunch of the 15 year and he is supposed to come through with several bottles of 23 and 20 this fall

[url=http://s255.photobucket.com/user/mvanber4/media/pappy_zpsnfywjq7a.png.html][/url]

I'm interested if for sale or trade? Email in profile.
The Silverback
AG
went in halfsie with my FIL and we gave a couple bottle to other family members but going to keep the rest for consumption. We probably paid way too much for them anyways, but if my guy comes through like he said he would this fall ill put a couple on here for what ever price I paid for them and let a couple of Ags have first dibs on them.

He promised me at least 3-4 bottles of 20/23 and several more of the 15 year.
AlaskanAg99
AG
How the hell does anyone have access to so much? I love the stuff and can remember buying the 15 for $50/bottle.
FlyFish95
quote:
How the hell does anyone have access to so much? I love the stuff and can remember buying the 15 for $50/bottle.

Now you can get it for a few hundred a bottle and it's not any better. In fact, when that SW juice runs out...
Daytona22
AG
I would be interested in a bottle when you receive them.
plowboy1065
S
Yep I'm in as well

Edit-fat fingers hit wrong emoticon
Post removed:
by user
GTBullitt68
AG
Also interested in a bottle if you decide to part with it.
bigevent99
AG
I'd also like to be on your list, should you decide to part with a bottle.
Ringo88
AG
As I understand it, the last of the Stitzel-Weller juice is this year's 23 yr-old batch.
tx4guns
AG
There may be a little bit of SW in there, but it's most likely a blend with a large amount of BT juice. SW shut down in late 1991. The math doesn't add up anymore.
schmellba99
AG
Somebody explain to me what actual difference there is between the SW and BT stock? Obviously I know that Stitzel Weller is no longer here and that Buffalo Trace is the current production - but outside of the fact that you simply cannot get SW distills anymore and the novelty that follows that, what actual difference is there between the two?

Did Stitzel-Weller have a different distillation process, use different raw products, have access to pixie dust, etc.?
FlyFish95
quote:
Somebody explain to me what actual difference there is between the SW and BT stock? Obviously I know that Stitzel Weller is no longer here and that Buffalo Trace is the current production - but outside of the fact that you simply cannot get SW distills anymore and the novelty that follows that, what actual difference is there between the two?

Did Stitzel-Weller have a different distillation process, use different raw products, have access to pixie dust, etc.?

My grandmother (Mom's mother) was a very good cook. She used to make a rice pudding that the grandchildren would fight each other for. Even though my mom follows that recipe to a T, it just doesn't taste the same.

Now with respect to SW vs BT stuff, it could be a number of things; Differently sourced ingredients, environmental conditions in the rick, water supply, and quite frankly, the talents of the person controlling the process.
Shaggie 05
AG
I would love a chance to buy as well.

However, seeing as everyone on this board would love to buy any of the bottles you offer, I vote we have a lottery for the chance to buy.
Whoop04
Right on que with the leaves changing, this thread starts coming to life. Love it.
redd38
AG
I'd love to buy some, but I would image the price will be out of my range
The Silverback
AG
Just got off the phone with him, supposed to be getting 4 23's, 6 20's and 8 15's and several 10's and 12's.

If this deal actually goes down, ill sell one 23, two 20's and 4 or 5 15's. Maybe we can do some kind of fun Texags lotto.

Will charge the exact price I pay for these as long as the potential buyer gives his Aggie word its not for resale. That being said, these are going to be expensive. I paid him $700 a piece for the last 15's and $1500 for 23's so I would assume it is going to be close to that. Worth every penny IMO.

Should have them in hand late November.
tx4guns
AG
They'd have to drink em at that price bc that's full on secondary market price. No meat on the bone.
GregZeppelin
AG
Yeah, I'm out. I could get a bottle of the 15 today at that price.
Mathguy64
AG
Lots of hopes and dreams just got crushed.
plowboy1065
S
If that's a liquor store you're dealing with you're getting hosed
Post removed:
by user
Aggiejue
AG
Dagnabbit! How much for the ORVW10 and 12?
The Silverback
AG
Not for everyone, that's for sure. I remember buying bottles of the 20 at msrp off liquor room shelf 4 years ago. Sad what has become of a great bourbon. have seen bottles of 23 go for $3k plus, it has gotten ridiculous.

Jue, can probably get the 10 and 12 at $100 or so
Ringo88
AG
All due respect, but there is absolutely no reason to pay those kinds of prices if you will simply build an honest and loyal relationship with a reputable bottle shop dealing in high enough volume to receive a decent allocation. After many months of "sowing" relationships, I just enjoyed the best day of "reaping" ever. All at MSRP.
plowboy1065
S
Details on what you found
Shaggie 05
AG
Spent the last year and a half building a relationship with a shop I like. I had talked with them multiple times about the big allocation they typically get every year. Well, I'm No longer giving them any of my money as I was told last week that the owner will now be selling all BTAC and Winkle products to his friend. So his friend can sell it all on the secondary.
Daytona22
AG
Wouldn't be surprised if this happens more often as the years go on... sad to see and hoping that I have built up enough of a relationship to at least get a 10 or 12 yr. Was lucky to get a 12 year and Stagg last year. As they say... It's all about who you know I guess.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.