Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,974 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jah003
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JH, next time I see it at the store I'll pick you up a 12 pack and get it sent out to you. PM or email to work out the details. Username @ Gmail.com
jah003
S
This thread right now...

jah003
S
Planning to check out the brewery in Taos... looks pretty cool.

I've also heard Bosque is worth checking out as well. Will probably go to one of the Marble locations too. Maybe Home Depot or Bed Bath and Beyond... I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.
maca1028
This place is great!
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG

What a thread.
Jock 07
AG
Space beer. Because science, and work.

Represent830
AG
Anyone headed to that east side place? I would kill for some BBT.

And Hudson I will be at Jester Friday. Let's meet up.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Pretty good beer here!

Kyle98
AG
Let me know how the Taos brewery is.
gigemJTH12
AG
can anyone recommend their favorite sour beer that I could buy at Specs?

I never drank these but got introduced last weekend and I liked it. want to pick some up this weekend.

thanks!
jah003
S
quote:

I never drank these but got introduced last weekend and I liked it. want to pick some up this weekend.

thanks!
Rodenbach Grand Cru is my favorite. Gueze Boon is also pretty solid. Even the Lindemans Cuvee Rene is solid.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
If you're new to sours but like hoppy beer, go for any of the Prairie Funky Gold series (mosaic, Amarillo, Simcoe-- the most recent one). I'd also recommend the Avery Raspberry Sour or their "Twenty Three" ($9-10 bomber of sour dark farmhouse ale). If you want to spend the money, Cascade fruited sours would probably be a good gateway. I hear good things about the Apricot, and on that note if you want to spend less, find a Texan "Aurora" which is their apricot sour.

Anyway, that's what I can think of that most bigger specs would have.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Beermail arrived. The guy shipped the day after he got 'em. Just in time for Father's Day.

Looks like we both had the same idea for Father's Day

62strat
AG
One of these years I'll make it to this.

BSD
AG
quote:

thanks!
are you in Houston?
gigemJTH12
AG
yes I am.

thanks for the replies!

I dont really want a "hoppy" sour. If I want hops I know what I want.

really appreciate the advice and welcome to more. I will buy them all.
BSD
AG
quote:
yes I am.

what's your email? I have an extra Consecration (a damn good sour) I can throw your way if you want to stop by my office tomorrow.
gigemJTH12
AG
email johntyler.hart12@gmail.com
aggiemike02
AG
starting strong!
jh0400
AG
Other readily available sours:

New Belgium La Folie
Boulevard Love Child
JK Bier de Miel
JK Das Wunderkind
Goose Island Lolita, Juliet, or Halia
gigemJTH12
AG
thanks!

I had Destihl Smoked Gose the other day.

the smoke wasnt really there for me. Just extremely sour.

And I loved it.
jwag
AG
I'll also suggest the petite golden sour from Collective (bottles hit specs shelves a couple weeks ago). Few more are Uinta birthday suit, pretty much anything from Avery. Martin House Salty Lady is a fine gose.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
D&Q has it today, plus fresh yellow rose
Represent830
AG
Victory Kirsch Gose is a good, easy drinking one. I've been drinking a ton of them now that it's a flamethrower outside.
gigemJTH12
AG
thanks man
62strat
AG
Was reading some comments on the FB page of a CO brewery (Paradox).. they added another state to their distribution, and someone asked when TX will happen, and they said:
"Whenever they change their liquor laws to allow for the sale of our constantly changing beers."

Anybody know what law are they referring to?
62strat
AG
In other news, my go to store just received consecration and pliny, with pricing at $15.99 and $7.99.. damn those have gone up! Last time I bought consecration, from this same place, it was I think $13.99? and pliny was $5.99 for many years. Is it just my store gouging, or is that normal pricing?

That puts consecration right in line with cascade stuff at $32 for 750ml.
jah003
S
quote:
Was reading some comments on the FB page of a CO brewery (Paradox).. they added another state to their distribution, and someone asked when TX will happen, and they said:
"Whenever they change their liquor laws to allow for the sale of our constantly changing beers."

Anytime the alcohol content changes in a beer it has to be "re-approved" from square 1. Texas is notorious for being in no hurry whatsoever to approve labels. That's likely what they are referring to. Every Scully Barrel would have to get a new label approval and they probably don't want to deal with that crap.
62strat
AG
But every skully is a different number, which means it's a different beer.. so, abv seems irrelevant.

They only put out about 10 a year.. doesn't seem that big of a deal.. assuming every other brewery has gotten label approval for every specific label, that could easily be 10-12.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:

Anytime the alcohol content changes in a beer it has to be "re-approved" from square 1. Texas is notorious for being in no hurry whatsoever to approve labels. That's likely what they are referring to. Every Scully Barrel would have to get a new label approval and they probably don't want to deal with that crap.

I think beers have to be within .3% ABV of what their label says. Whatever it is, that's what keeps Karbach from labeling ABV on beers altogether.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think Texas streamlined the label approval process and made it a lot cheaper. I thought a friend had told me it was two weeks and $25 now.
DallasAggie2012
AG
The price at Russian River is 13.75 for Consecration/Supplication and Pliny is 5.50 if I remember correctly.
steve00
AG
$15.99 and $7.99 is pretty standard at places I can find them. I've seen lower and higher, but usually within about $2 of that.
First Page Last Page
Page 946 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.