Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,676 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
back in my day they were $10.50 and $4 direct.

jh0400
AG
I'd gladly pay $7.99 for Pliny about now.
jetch17
AG
I'd give a homeless guy a handjob for some Pliny right now
steve00
AG
Just drank my last Pliny and Blind Pig earlier this week. Time to start thinking about driving up to Santa Rosa.

I guess a Toronado trip this weekend will help ease the withdrawal symptoms.
gigemJTH12
AG
what is D&Q?
jh0400
AG
https://twitter.com/TheBeerStation
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I have one ancient Pliny from my trip last summer still sitting in the closet. I had been holding it for a something special and at some point decided it was my reward for a stupid backyard project that has taken way too long. It looks like I'll finally finish this stupid project on Saturday. Need to get that sucker on ice.
62strat
AG
Well damn.. I guess prices just gon' go up.

I'll pass on pliny and cons (I have plenty cons).. but I'd be dropping however much I need to buy the limit if/when they get suppl. This particular store doesn't get suppl near as often as cons.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
In other news, my go to store just received consecration and pliny, with pricing at $15.99 and $7.99.. damn those have gone up! Last time I bought consecration, from this same place, it was I think $13.99? and pliny was $5.99 for many years. Is it just my store gouging, or is that normal pricing?

That puts consecration right in line with cascade stuff at $32 for 750ml.

They've been inching up here in the spring over the past 3 years as well. They're at least that here in the springs as well. Wanna say they were around 11 or 12 when I got here in 2013.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Was reading some comments on the FB page of a CO brewery (Paradox).. they added another state to their distribution, and someone asked when TX will happen, and they said:
"Whenever they change their liquor laws to allow for the sale of our constantly changing beers."

Anybody know what law are they referring to?

Labeling issues would be my guess as well. You made it to divide to the new tap room yet? They certainly made it a pain in the ass to get to
Hudson2508
AG
Sounds good. What time you getting there?
62strat
AG
Well hell, 6 hours after they posted on FB and they were both still available, so why the hell not. Apparently instead of the normal 1 case of Pliny, they are getting several, so that's good to hear. Picked up an Avery xolotl as well, a bourbon barrel aged stout with coco nibs, vanilla bean, cinnamon and chilis.

The Pliny is from 5/23.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
The Pliny is from 5/23.

Drain pour.
Jock 07
AG
Looks like my liquor store got the same drop as yours. The Pliny actually made it to the shelf this time with a limit one per customer
Hudson2508
AG
Just French pressed some Madagascar vanilla paste with some 2013 BCBS. With how good this tastes I can only imagine how ****ing amazing Vanilla Rye tastes.
Represent830
AG
Probably around 4.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What is this you speak of, French pressing beer?

Hmm may have to try that one out on one of my 2015 BCBS.
cc10106
This was very nice.

62strat
AG
By the looks of it.. IPAs are still king.. And as always, the best one is the hardest to get... (sigh)

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/zymurgys-2016-best-beers-america-results/?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Default&_zs=xAtaA1&_zl=O0g93
Hub05
AG
But the second is a shelf turd!
NColoradoAG
quote:
By the looks of it.. IPAs are still king.. And as always, the best one is the hardest to get... (sigh)

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/zymurgys-2016-best-beers-america-results/?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Default&_zs=xAtaA1&_zl=O0g93

That list is terrible. Looks like home brewers are stuck in 2012.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Seconded. That's a terrible list. I can't argue with number one, but it's all downhill from there. Tank 7 at 19 is a joke.
jetch17
AG
pretty sh*tty lunch outing with BSD for a Friday

AggieOO
quote:
better be careful. a lot of neckbeards look homeless...the line at your front door might be worse than a Jester King release weekend.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

Sours were pretty darn trendy even back in 2012.. This is straight from like 2008 or 09.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Weird list.

There must've been some criteria or something.

Also, with how many big name national beers on there, maybe the ballots were biased.

"Best IPA:
1. Ballast Point Sculpin
2. Pliny
3. 120 minute
4. Etc.
5. Etc.
6. Other: Fill in the blank"
steve00
AG
And even looking past the fact that I wouldn't consider PtY "commercially available" how does it come it at 45 when PtE is at 1?

I get that some people prefer PtE, but how can the disparity be that big?
62strat
AG
a lot less people have had younger compared to elder.

More votes = higher spot on chart? Just a guess, I have no idea how this was compiled.

I decided to go check out Mr B's in Denver, as I have heard good things about it. Low and behold, they have Pliny sitting on the shelf too.. only $6.50. Don't mind if I do!
Represent830
AG
Regular breakfast stout above KBS?

K den.
62strat
AG
It's good, don't get me wrong, but so are so many other ipas. If you haven't had it, honestly, don't sweat it.
jetch17
AG
So pliny went back to the white letter labels?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
So pliny went back to the white letter labels?

If I remember right someone (might've been 62strat) had kept a Pliny for a long time and was thinking of opening it soon? Could explain it.
jetch17
AG
This label was from January

turfman80
AG
quote:
pretty sh*tty lunch outing with BSD for a Friday

Nice...Petrol Station?
jetch17
AG
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
First Page Last Page
Page 947 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.