Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,979 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm jealous. I have no more.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Hey represent, sorry we didn't catch up today man. I drank waaaayy too much last night and beer for lunch today just wasn't happening.

No worries man. Hope you enjoyed SA.
Jock 07
AG
Haven't had it in 3 years. Miss it so much
maca1028
quote:
quote:
Hey represent, sorry we didn't catch up today man. I drank waaaayy too much last night and beer for lunch today just wasn't happening.

No worries man. Hope you enjoyed SA.
I did, a little too much.
steve00
AG
Damn good beer. Love the subtle peach flavor. Thanks jh0400

Hickory High
AG
Drank my Foudreweitzen last night after a year of having it. What a beautiful beer. I am without speech.
maca1028
That may have been a good one to use as payment for the march madness bif...just sayin'
cc10106
Didn't take long for this brewery to become one of my favorites.

Hickory High
AG
quote:
That may have been a good one to use as payment for the march madness bif...just sayin'

Sorry, wasn't giving the only great beer I have away.
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:

Sorry, wasn't giving the only great beer I have away.
Wrong answer.

jah003
S
quote:
Drank my Foudreweitzen last night after a year of having it. What a beautiful beer. I am without speech.
Now I think you're just trolling the crap out of us for some reason...

So, NColoradoAG sends you a box for absolutely no reason and you can't be bothered to ship a box that you agreed to send?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
quote:
Now I think you're just trolling the crap out of us for some reason...

So, NColoradoAG sends you a box for absolutely no reason and you can't be bothered to ship a box that you agreed to send?

I'm a man of my word. Granted, I recognize my tardiness, and I apologize for that, but I want to send something worthwhile. I was never going to send anyone my prized bottles, but I don't want to just send a bunch of Karbach. I'm trying to make my way to Jester King soon.
Hickory High
AG
I owned three "good" beers in total: Foundreweizen, Nocturne, and BCBS. I was given a bottle of Bo & Luke as a gift. I'm sorry, but I was never going to send any of those to anyone. I know it's hit or miss to trust someone on the internet, but I will send beer when I have something not terrible.
jah003
S
quote:
I owned three "good" beers in total: Foundreweizen, Nocturne, and BCBS. I was given a bottle of Bo & Luke as a gift. I'm sorry, but I was never going to send any of those to anyone. I know it's hit or miss to trust someone on the internet, but I will send beer when I have something not terrible.
This board has told you over and over again that you don't need to send any of your "prized" bottles. So, that's a pretty lame excuse. Just send what you can in a timely manner...

My issue is you haven't offered up a reason as to why you aren't sending... just posts like "Hi" and "Deep Ellum is the best brewery that ever was".

Yes, it's hit or miss to trust someone on the internet, but not the guys on this thread. This thread has some of the most generous dudes that exist. If you can't at least try to be that kind of person, then you probably shouldn't post here.
Hickory High
AG
I recognize that Nothing I could give would be as what's already been given, but I love giving gifts, and I love giving good gifts. It's really for my own sake that I want to give a good one. Again, I plan on making a trip to JK here in the next couple of weeks, but if I find out I am not before then, I will send something from Whole Foods.

Thanks and gig em.
NColoradoAG
This guy is definitely not the new Colin.
Hickory High
AG
quote:

Help me understand this inside joke.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Help me understand this inside joke.
Collin was a guy who was in your exact situation about 400 pages ago. Poor college kid who loved craft beer. He couldn't buy the "prizes" or chase whales, but he brought a lot to this thread and was a really fun guy to spend time with. He's since graduated and seems to be doing well in Seattle. Some of us "olds" enjoyed hanging out and talking beer with the generation after us. It makes us feel young and it's awesome to see the way good beer can bring together people of all ages.

You are missing the point of a "Beer it Forward." It's not about sending prizes or amazing beers. It's about taking what's available locally and sharing it with someone. Hub is a guy who trades nation wide and can get whatever he wants. He's also mentioned he doesn't get good Texas distribution where he's at. He probably doesn't even get Karbach so copping out on that is lame. You don't need to go to jester king to buy beers for this BIF.
Hickory High
AG
Well I could certainly assemble a Texas beer care package
Represent830
AG
It sounds like you just wanted to join the bracket to possibly get free beer and when you lost you didn't want to comply with your end of the agreement.

***** move.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jah's stated pretty much time and time again, just send what you can. Quality over quantity, yes, but it doesn't have to be top tier if not an option. Plenty of great options.
BSD
AG
I don't want to jump on the bandwagon here but it's been 7 weeks since the NCAA tournament ended. You've had plenty of time. Be a man and send some beer.
jetch17
AG
BSD
AG
I'm just kidding, I did want to jump on.
Hickory High
AG
How many times do I have to apologize?
jetch17
AG
83 times
Jock 07
AG
This has motivated me to continue on with the BIF after I won the live oak hefe after the Super Bowl. Forgive me as I can't remember who sent me that beer but whoever it was thanks again. I was trying to wait til Westbrook showed back up here but there are no signs of that happening anytime soon and I want to get this done before it gets too ridiculously hot to ship beer. I figure we should use the SEC baseball tournament to decide the winner. I'm not good at betting on sports but if someone could suggest how we could do this is be extremely appreciative. I'm thinking some IPAs I get here like Melvin and unicorn vs ninja or something along those lines. If someone who's better at the www machine than I am would be willing to get a spreadsheet going that'd be awesome. Finally I'm going to need tips on how to actually ship the beer as I'm not a trader and haven't shipped beer before, only flown with it.
jah003
S
Maybe assign points based on seeding...? i.e. Miss St. Is 1 point, SC 2, etc. everyone picks a team and a tie breaker (total runs scored in the championship). Each time your team wins you get points. Although if someone picked Missouri and they won a game you'd pretty much have the thing wrapped up...
dixie whiskey
AG
anyone tried bluegrass billionaire yet? grabbed a couple on Friday think I might do one tonight
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Maybe assign points based on seeding...? i.e. Miss St. Is 1 point, SC 2, etc. everyone picks a team and a tie breaker (total runs scored in the championship). Each time your team wins you get points. Although if someone picked Missouri and they won a game you'd pretty much have the thing wrapped up...
Sounds good, or if there's anything else we can bet on that would make sense and be easier to distinguish a winner with that's cool too. Jah was that your competition for the live oak?
Hub05
AG
Young grasshopper, the most important part of swapping beer with random people on the internet is communication. Scriffer poster early on that this was his busy time at work and would be getting a box late. Other ppl had kids get in the way and were late, but they let me know. All you needed to do was say something like "I want to make it to JK or waiting for x to happen". We are a reasonable group. Posting "hi" as your first communication after my post is the absolute easiest way to rustle some jimmies with a lot generous ppl on here.
Hub05
AG
Young grasshopper, the most important part of swapping beer with random people on the internet is communication. Scriffer poster early on that this was his busy time at work and would be getting a box late. Other ppl had kids get in the way and were late, but they let me know. All you needed to do was say something like "I want to make it to JK or waiting for x to happen". We are a reasonable group. Posting "hi" as your first communication after my post is the absolute easiest way to rustle some jimmies with a lot generous ppl on here.
Represent830
AG
quote:

Yeah, I think we have made our point but this is the biggest thing. Like he said, Scrif was one of the last ones to ship, but we knew exactly what was going on. If you would've just said, I'm waiting for a release to grab you a JK, guarandamntee you Hubs wouldn't have cared.

That's it, I think this should die. We just learn from it and move on and continue to keep talking about good beer.
maca1028

Every time I come back from the hill country.
First Page Last Page
Page 927 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.