Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,096 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love the Hill Country. Told my folks that they can never sell their place in Boerne. Granted SA keeps getting closers to my hometown.
Represent830
AG
Find anything under a mil?
maca1028
You aren't kidding, we drove up to Boerne for lunch before coming home Saturday, there is no gap between SA and Boerne anymore.
maca1028
Absolutely, you can find some pretty good deals of you look hard enough.

Back to beer

dave99ag
AG
It is nice that I don't have to go inside 1604 for anything except Spec's on De Zavala. Not much selection at HEB in Boerne.
MathNewman06
AG

First time checking out Bruery- I'll definitely be back any time I'm in the area. So many good options that 2 flights still wasn't enough to try everything I wante. Mash and Grind was the most interesting one I tasted- BBA barleywine with coffee.

Are they getting Houston distribution yet, or just Dallas and Austin?

dixie whiskey
AG
so fun fact, prairie bomb is apparently part of my krogers build your own 6 pack selection. unlike heb, the price is a flat 9.99. not a bad price for a 6er of bomb imo. I only took 1 6 pack, I figured I'd leave the rest for someone else who enjoys it
dixie whiskey
AG
update... bluegrass billionaire is great, as all the billionaires have been. probably don't need to say this, but it really does take on so much more character as it warms
Mustang1
AG
quote:
so fun fact, prairie bomb is apparently part of my krogers build your own 6 pack selection. unlike heb, the price is a flat 9.99. not a bad price for a 6er of bomb imo. I only took 1 6 pack, I figured I'd leave the rest for someone else who enjoys it
location please?
dummble
AG
Protip - Fantome is awesome and if you buy and take one to a bottle share, make sure someone has a corkscrew.
62strat
AG
Oskar Blues has joined the Texas Craft Brewer's Guild.. just FYI
BSD
AG
Vacation is next week. I am jonesin' for a good beer. and a glass of champagne.
Jock 07
AG
So I dove into the archives to see that it was maca who did the superbowl contest with the live oak hefe. Instead of using the SEC baseball tourney lets use game 5 of the thunder warriors series on Thursday and keep it simple like the superbowl contest. email me your prediction of total points scored and as a tiebreaker how many points durant scores. I'll send some melvin 2X4 & pipeworks ninja vs unicorn if I can find it. As with maca's contest I'd like to limit this only to folks who can't get these beers in their area.
email me your predictions by 1200 on Thurs. texaggie2007 at the g-mail
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Oskar Blues has joined the Texas Craft Brewer's Guild.. just FYI
Speaking of. What is the story with Falling Rock's beef with them. Best I can tell is Falling Rock is whining about competition and wants laws to restrict distribution.
62strat
AG
I don't know.. it was discussed briefly on the previous page.

The guy seems like he's just whining and/or jealous, because a brewery has become hugely successful, is expanding all over the place, and apparently he was OB's first account outside of their fledgling taproom in Lyons years ago.

It doesn't even seem like direct competition considering it's a live music venue. That is a different crowd, and FR isn't in that business.
NoneGiven
AG
Thanks. Only went back one page and didn't see anything at first.
Jock 07
AG
I read it as an entitled rant. He feels that the area is his turf and that OB is encroaching on it.
wessimo
AG
quote:

Wow, I get excited when I find beers in the build your own section that normally go for $2.50 ($10 per 4 pack). Stock person must be new or something.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
I read it as an entitled rant. He feels that the area is his turf and that OB is encroaching on it.
Agreed. I don't know enough about Colorado laws that are supposedly there to protect his business from evil Industrobrewers, but it sure sounds like him cheerleading the protectionist garbage that gave us the three tier system.
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BFxaCgClKNnrabHP2RwZmep8Mm3sU-8zJr6NCs0
La Fours
AG
I think you aren't able to post your IG pics because your account is private.
La Fours
AG
Let's see if this works.

https://instagr.am/p/0quvW0Nq1HCUoqzjNPYyEp7gX77gHvXrU5VTc0
La Fours
AG
Lol. Apparently I have a private account as well. Or maybe I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
NoneGiven
AG
What are you all hiding?
Represent830
AG
Is "Content Unavailable" a new whalez or wat?
La Fours
AG
I tried to post a year old pic from when Maca hooked me up with some BBA Legion as a test of posting an Instagram pic.
gordo97
AG
Yeah.... Kroger can sometimes royally screw up and underprice beers because of that make a 6-pack option..... The other day I walked into a Kroger that had a bunch of Dragon's Milk sitting in that section.... $9.99 for a sixer of Dragon's Milk is quite a bargain
maca1028
maca1028
That's it
62strat
AG
Birthday beer dinner last night.. hadn't done one of these in a while. Grandma was in town to watch the kiddos, so good timing.

The brewery was Duvel Moortgat, who is the parent company of Duvel, Brasserie d'Achouffe (La Chouffe), Liefman's, Ommegang, Firestone Walker and Boulevard. Interesting note, even though this large company owns stake in those three American companies, Duvel is still considered craft, so the three Americans get to keep the craft moniker as well. Only those bought out by industro-brewers lose the craft name. (by definition anyway)
I think this is a great way for the buyouts to be dealt with; just form craft alliances.

I didn't take many pics, but I got the menu

Some of the damage

And the dessert

All are fantastic beers. Some people are getting so caught up in the american trendy selections, they forget to take a moment and remember who's been doing this for 100s of years, and have perfected these styles!

Both Duvel and La Chouffe have a version for the american market, because we like hoppy stuff so much. The Duvel triple hop and the Chouffee doubelon tripel IPA.

The Ommegang Rosetta Kriek is apparently the first American year round Kriek available.

Best beer dinner deal around, only $35, $33 with AHA discount. So many of them are $70-$80+.. I just don't see the value.

dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:
location please?

barker cypress/tuckerton
Chipotlemonger
AG
Late to post this:

Beer list from a tasting last Thursday at Community Brewing Co. in Dallas.

This was a straight forward German lager. I believe they're canning this soon. Will be nice in July and August.

This beer is a 'Pina Colada' Wit, a very interesting tropical twist to their base witbier. Not unlike a tropical IPA, however this combo stood out to me more than some tropical citrus IPAs I have had. It was a heavy crowd favorite at the event. Legitimately tasted like a Pina colada in a beer. The Brett presence really made this one special.

Single hop pale ale, Azacca. My personal favorite beer of the evening. Had a peppery feel to it. One of a kind beer to me.

Very good barleywine. This is a small batch one off that they said would only be available on tap at the brewery, and that they only had one keg. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not already floated.

And here's a picture of the Azacca. They're not producing this one, but they are using the beer as a trial for the hop and it'll be showcased in a different beer this fall.

And yes, all of the cheese was awesome.
aggiemike02
AG
Bottle shop or bar recommendations in Pittsburgh anyone?
Represent830
AG
Scriffer, you can go grab me that pina colada beer.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Scriffer, you can go grab me that pina colada beer.
You would want a pina colada beer, wouldn't you.
First Page Last Page
Page 928 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.