Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,378 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by La Fours
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok beer threaders... I have a chance to pick up one of several Rare Barrel beers and I'd like your input. Help me choose:

Tigerlily
Soliloquy
Feed the Monster
Wise Guise
Shadows of Their Eyes
Another World
Impossible Soul - had this one
Becoming
Home Sour Home - had this one
Ensorcelled
Forces Unseen
Supermassive
DallasAggie2012
AG
Do you only get to pick 1? Or can you get multiples of them?
Hudson2508
AG
If anyone in Austin is looking for the Abyss Rye and Cognac variants I just got lucky on the way home and found some at the flag store. They don't tweet releases so you'd probably be able to find it this evening.
Bmac04
AG
You can't go wrong with any of them but I liked Tigerlily and Feed the Monster from your list
AgEng06
AG
Just one.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks. I had mentally narrowed it down to Feed the Monster and Ensorcelled, but wanted to see what you guys thought.
dixie whiskey
AG
la fin du monde pregaming napalm death/the Melvins/melt banana at numbers. got some luchador en fuego today so I'm pumped about that. love that beer, excited for this years
army01
AG
So how does this work. I preordered the dvd/bluray/digital package on Amazon. How do I get it to show up on my Amazon video app?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Saint Arnold Spring Bock pre dinner drink.

A perennial favorite beer to have for me. Love how it tastes on these crisp Spring days.

Going camping tomorrow and can't decide what I want to bring along... Be it beer, wine, liquor, or a combo of 2.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So how does this work. I preordered the dvd/bluray/digital package on Amazon. How do I get it to show up on my Amazon video app?

I have no idea. I bought mine through the Xbox store
AgEng06
AG
Got this from a friend today. It's nice...

turfman80
AG
quote:
la fin du monde pregaming napalm death/the Melvins/melt banana at numbers. got some luchador en fuego today so I'm pumped about that. love that beer, excited for this years
What???
turfman80
AG
quote:
Got this from a friend today. It's nice...

Nice? Nice?! How about freakin' AWESOME! Nice is not allowed in craft beer descriptives.
AgEng06
AG
Touche
Jock 07
AG
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:
What???

is the show or the beer in question? because yeah the show was badass. earliest one I remember going to for a night show. we got there at 7 and missed melt banana already. luckily saw them last year so it wasn't the end of the world. other 2 bands were great. out the door at 9:45 though
army01
AG
quote:

I love that beer.
Hickory High
AG
Tonight's lineup:
-Eviltwin Imperial Dooughnut Break
-Crooked Stave L'Brett d'Cherry
-Eviltwin Nomader Weisse
-Goose Island Juliet
Inspector Spacetime
AG

I'm not really an every day sour drinker, but I could get used to seeing this one around more places. Very refreshing and just enough tartness without too much pucker for easy drinking.
corndog04
AG
Anyone know where one could still find some pirate bomb in Houston? Preferably in the clear lake area.
maca1028
They might be out by now but try the shell station at 528 and Blackhawk. I'm going to try to find some today too so I'll let you know if I have any luck.
62strat
AG
Last night a had a shiner, out of the bottle.
Totally brought me back to being at some random strip center bar in tomball or jersey village. All thise places never had craft beer, but they always had shiner

Then onto a black butte porter and finished with a crooked stave Salvador cybies.

Then I felt drunk... Such a light weight these days.
dave99ag
AG
I thought I was a beer snob back in college drinking Shiner when everyone else was downing Bud-whatever. Shiner is now my "if I have to" beer.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
I thought I was a beer snob back in college drinking Shiner when everyone else was downing Bud-whatever. Shiner is now my "if I have to" beer.

Ha! Same here.
jh0400
AG
Before my wife's hometown got their new HEB, the six pack of Shiner Premium bottles from the gas station was the best beer in town. I still drink them from time to time for the nostalgic factor.
Kyle98
AG
No beer for me today, but I did just start up The Force Awakens!
Hickory High
AG
quote:

Yep. A regular Shiner was the first beer I ever bought when a turned 21. It was also the first bottle I collected.
NColoradoAG
Drank a Black Tuesday Reserve last night while watching Star Wars. Hurting a bit this morning.
La Fours
AG
Finally, Alpine is starting to appear on shelves in BCS. Tower Point HEB has Alpine Duet. I grabbed 2 bottles and six pack of Enjoy By 4.20.16.

Then I proceeded to drink the 2 bottles of Alpine Duet last night watching Daredevil episodes.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What???

is the show or the beer in question? because yeah the show was badass. earliest one I remember going to for a night show. we got there at 7 and missed melt banana already. luckily saw them last year so it wasn't the end of the world. other 2 bands were great. out the door at 9:45 though

For me, the what? was for bold part above. I didn't know wtf you were talking about. Never heard of those bands so I didn't realize you were going to a show.
DallasAggie2012
AG
How is the reserve as compared to the regular Black Tuesday? Was thinking about trying to set up a trade for one when I am in Cali later this month.
Hickory High
AG
Any IPA recommendations on an amazing day like today? As far as store bought beer is concerned I'm a big fan of All Day IPA by Founders.
jh0400
AG
Sculpin
St A Endeavour
Hops & Grain Greenhouse
Yellow Rose
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed and Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPAs are pretty readily available and solid beers.

Nebraska Cardinal Pale Ale and IPA are both worth buying too, plus they have the cool 360 tops

For another session IPA, Oasis Metamodern or Hops and Grain "A Pale Mosaic"
Jock 07
AG
Ain't nothing wrong with a lil Odell IPA and a lil Colorado golfing on a beautiful spring day
First Page Last Page
Page 879 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.