Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,714 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bretta Weisse on tap earlier, damn good beer.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty good

Chipotlemonger
AG

Really nice hopped up higher ABV red ale for a Thursday night.
Represent830
AG
quote:
If you head out of town a ways, Alamo Springs Cafe has one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Second this. Damn good burger. If you want a good winery, call for a rez and go to Lewis.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
If you head out of town a ways, Alamo Springs Cafe has one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Second this. Damn good burger. If you want a good winery, call for a rez and go to Lewis.

Yea I think some of the real good wineries in the area are starting to be reservation only.

Pedernales and William & Chris are both great. Highly recommend William & Chris nearby towards Johnson City/Stonewall. Isn't far at all. Chris is an Aggie wine maker and they grow and produce excellent vino.
Represent830
AG
Yeah, you can thank all the bachelorette parties. Awful.

My BIL grew up in San Angelo with Chris I believe. Or they went to A&M together. One of those.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Heading to Denver next week. If you were in Downtown Denver where would you stop in for a few beers? Will probably only have Saturday free.
Jock 07
AG
falling rock and star bar, depending on what they have on tap which you can find on their website.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You can just post on the boards asking for a proxy and a lot of time people will help you out. All of mine are from repeat traders that happen to live in that area that I have established a relationship with.

Bruery boards? Or somewhere else?

Beer Advocate, Talk Beer, Facebook beer groups
jh0400
AG
IIRC, Falling Rock also has Pliny and Blind Pig on tap off menu.
Jock 07
AG
from my experience they typically always have pliny, blind pig is a bit more hit or miss. I'll typically get superpower if it's on as well.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Heading to Denver next week. If you were in Downtown Denver where would you stop in for a few beers? Will probably only have Saturday free.

Along with Falling Rock, First Draft is a cool place. You pay by the ounce so you can try a ton of different beers. They don't have the big guns like Falling Rock, but still a nice place. They have better apps and small plates than falling rock.
NColoradoAG
Today is also a perfect occasion for opening good beer. We can now watch Star Wars The Force Awakens in the comfort of our own homes. Can't wait for this work day to be done.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
How? I thought it wasn't out until the 5th?
BSD
AG
quote:
Today is also a perfect occasion for opening good beer. We can now watch Star Wars The Force Awakens in the comfort of our own homes. Can't wait for this work day to be done.
I have clients in town all weekend for Final Four or else I'd do the same.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Awesome, thank you for all the suggestions. Sounds like Falling Rock is the place to check out.
Jason_Ag98
AG
The digital version is available from Amazon today.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My roommate just got a text from a guy at the N Shepherd Kroger saying they just got Pirate Bomb!, and the downtown Spec's still has 6-7 bottles (limit 2).
Hickory High
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BDqcyq_uJoq

ColoradoAg, I am quite literally in your debt. Today is a good day.
Jock 07
AG
NColAg is good people, I just wish the beer thread was around when I was in school.
Mustang1
AG
Is First Draft a good option for Rockies pregame? Any other options close to Coors?
jah003
S
Dude's just the worst...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Same here, that's some legit beer karma/good bull/whatever you want to call it. Hickory, your story reminded me of me in college. I would take the broad side of six pack holders and line the ceiling of our kitchen like some kind of white trash moulding. I think I tried everything Holleman HEB carried by the time I graduated. That'd be a lot harder today I bet.

Also I just followed you on the 'gram.
DallasAggie2012
AG
NColAg doesn't mess around! Good bull man. That Temptation is a delicious brew as well.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Same here, that's some legit beer karma/good bull/whatever you want to call it. Hickory, your story reminded me of me in college. I would take the broad side of six pack holders and line the ceiling of our kitchen like some kind of white trash moulding. I think I tried everything Holleman HEB carried by the time I graduated. That'd be a lot harder today I bet.

Also I just followed you on the 'gram.

Preciate it. Karbach was my true first love and is always my go-to for easy drinking. And yes, I too have tried everything at Holleman HEB. Steve does a great job getting new stuff in over there.
62strat
AG
quote:
NColAg is good people, I just wish the beer thread was around when I was in school.
man when I was at A&M, Sierra Nevada, Breckenridge avalanche, and Fat Tire were the extent of the craft beer I remember. How things have changed.

I think of these lucky punks in school at CU or CSU. Their 'college towns' have like 10-15 breweries.
NColoradoAG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BDqcyq_uJoq

ColoradoAg, I am quite literally in your debt. Today is a good day.
No problem man. You caught me right as I was packing a box so it was no sweat.

Now, open up one of those Bourbon Counties please. I prefer the 13% blend to the 14% one.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Is First Draft a good option for Rockies pregame? Any other options close to Coors?
First draft and Falling Rock are both very close to Coors Field. First Draft is closer to cheap parking, while Falling Rock is closer to the heart of downtown.
BSD
AG
Dear NoCol, please send me Temptation. kthx.
jh0400
AG
quote:

Seconded.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

Seconded.
I actually don't want any. I just knew you did and with all the feel good rainbow **** going on here, someone needed to be a ****.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Damn that's quite the act, NColorado. Good ****.

Represent830
AG
Good bull, NoCol.

I didn't get to try the Temptation when I was out there.
maca1028
Good bull!
First Page Last Page
Page 878 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.