Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,140 Views | 62613 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Much appreciated! We're excited for it.

We're staying in Dallas, just relocating a bit. Kids are starting to come into the picture I the next year-ish, so we're looking for a house that's a little more family friendly.

And thanks all for the heads up on JK.
big-ag
AG
quote:
That color reminds me, anyone have a review of JK RU55?
Exactly what a sour should taste like for me. Puckering up front then a ton of wood (pun intended) on the finish. Maybe my favorite JK sour (close between it and Boxer's Revenge). Wish it was more readily available.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Much appreciated! We're excited for it.

Hopefully the house sells fast! I'm sure Mrs. Scriffer is ready to decorate a new home.
BSD
AG
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/Zwanze2015/

Y'all sign me up as your guest...I'll drive.
jah003
S
quote:
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/Zwanze2015/

Y'all sign me up as your guest...I'll drive.

Just signed me and the wife up... Didn't even think about this. How do you feel about wearing a wig if I win?
Kyle98
AG
Nice! I put my old house that we had been renting for the last few years on the market a few months ago, and we had an offer, well over asking, that day! Hopefully you have a similar experience.

What part of Dallas are you moving to/from?
BSD
AG
I don't mind cross dressing some more...wait...what?
Hudson2508
AG
I just entered the lottery as well. With only 200 tickets I'm not optimistic.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Crazy market in DFW. Houses are only lasting a day or 2 left and right.
jah003
S
quote:

Thursday night will help. I'm guessing 1,000 sign up. So, that's what... 1 in 10 odds (if everyone signs up for 2)?
Scriffer
AG
We're on the northwest corner of Lake Highlands right now, looking to move into the Richardson area. At this point, we put down one offer on a house at what we thought was a fairly healthy price and got absolutely clobbered by the other offers.

It's rough because we're competing with the imports for State Farm, FedEx, Toyota, and Liberty Mutual, and so many of these people are California transplants that no one blinks about insane prices. So we may be homeless for awhile.
Kyle98
AG
Ouch. Houses have actually been staying on the market longer than I'd expect in our neighborhood the asking prices are so ridiculous. Guess we're not getting the Cali transplants up here.

Good luck in the house hunt!.
AggieOO
quote:
We're on the northwest corner of Lake Highlands right now, looking to move into the Richardson area. At this point, we put down one offer on a house at what we thought was a fairly healthy price and got absolutely clobbered by the other offers.

It's rough because we're competing with the imports for State Farm, FedEx, Toyota, and Liberty Mutual, and so many of these people are California transplants that no one blinks about insane prices. So we may be homeless for awhile.
I never got to see your place after the wedding. I really wanted to see how much she changed the bachelor pad. There was little chance the boxes of beer in the hallway and the random bike stuff were going to stay where they were.
Scriffer
AG
It looks like Joanna Gaines and Pottery Barn had a super-baby that exploded like Thunder at the end of Big Trouble in Little China.
Scriffer
AG
Dave is currently sending that statement to his wife, who will then send it to my wife, who will then send it to me, and I will be in trouble.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
It looks like Joanna Gaines and Pottery Barn had a super-baby that exploded like Thunder at the end of Big Trouble in Little China.

What a reference. Bravo.
AggieOO
quote:
i bet she doesn't even let you watch Big Trouble in Little China while eating stouffer's and blue bell.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How do I convince my girlfriend to watch Big Trouble in Little China with me?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
i bet she doesn't even let you watch Big Trouble in Little China while eating stouffer's and blue bell.
I still do that the evening after races. Unfortunately, I've been too sick, injured, busy, fat, and busy making excuses for being sick, injured, and fat, to do any races.

I should go run a 5K just for the principle of the matter.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Dave is currently sending that statement to his wife, who will then send it to my wife, who will then send it to me, and I will be in trouble.

What happens in the beer thread stays in the beer thread. Of course she's wondering why I'm bent over laughing right now.
La Fours
AG
quote:
La Fours
AG
quote:
How do I convince my girlfriend to watch Big Trouble in Little China with me?

Tell her it's a love story featuring Kurt Russell set in Little China.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My wife is scoffing at me keeping my 20-30+ bombers in the big fridge at our new home, so it looks like I'll need to get a wine fridge. I know it's been discussed on this thread before, but what are the recs for a good one? I'm looking for one with movable glass/plastic shelves so that I can store the beer upright.
Looking to spend less than $400.
SecoKid
AG
quote:

Me too. Although if I get a ticket it will be a great late birthday present.
DallasAggie2012
AG
This thread right now. Greatness.
BSD
AG
quote:
My wife is scoffing at me keeping my 20-30+ bombers in the big fridge at our new home, so it looks like I'll need to get a wine fridge. I know it's been discussed on this thread before, but what are the recs for a good one? I'm looking for one with movable glass/plastic shelves so that I can store the beer upright.
I have a few of these: Vissani cooler
62strat
AG
quote:
If a full size fridge is an option, get one used and a johnson temp controller (~$60) can set it at whatever temp your want.
corndog04
AG
Always double check before opening, kids. Ran home for lunch, thought I was grabbing the one on the right when in fact I grabbed and opened my first and only of the one on the left.

Scriffer
AG
Sooooo what you're saying is you got to have a Westbrook Gose, and that's....bad...?
dave99ag
AG
I'd call in sick.
corndog04
AG
Split it with my wife and made big pot of coffee
army01
AG
It'll be out of your system by the time you get back to work...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sooooo, I'm the only one who has a beer or two with lunch every couple of days?
Jock 07
AG
I've always found the goses best when fresh much like an IPA, so maybe it's a good thing? I'm hoping we see Westbrook here again before I move to Omaha, I'll certainly be stocking up on it. Truly the best representation of the style that I've had.
Hub05
AG
quote:
quote:
And I don't actually mean I haven't drank them because I'm aging them. I used the quotations around the word to say that while they are aging, the real reason is I don't have the resources to get good stuff like this too frequently, so drinking it means it's gone and there's not much to replace it.
I'm the same way. I've got a handful of barrel-aged stouts that I've been "saving" for one reason or another, mostly because once I drink it, then its gone.
Not personally directing this at you Kyle98, but as Norcol said, Drink your beer. Think about the flawed logic....I don't want to drink this beer because then I won't have this beer to drink.

I'm a slow beer drinker, so its going to take me a long time to drink down 15 boxes of beer
First Page Last Page
Page 875 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.