Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,910 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Just found out I'm most likely moving to Omaha NE this summer, gonna miss the Colorado beer scene, but it'll probably help my wallet too.
Ouch.

I am looking at an opportunity in the Lancaster, CA area. Anyone have any knowledge of the beer scene on that side of the mountain? Am I going to have to head back in to LA to get anything worth a damn?
txaggie05
AG
That sucks. I am probably going to be moving to Denver in May or June so I'll try to pick up your slack.
62strat
AG
quote:
Just found out I'm most likely moving to Omaha NE this summer, gonna miss the Colorado beer scene, but it'll probably help my wallet too.
I don't know.. shipping CO beer to NE is going to cost more than just driving to the store to get it.
Kyle98
AG
Beer mail from a buddy in Cincy:
Chipotlemonger
AG
I only recognize Hopslam
Kyle98
AG
The others are from smaller Cincy brewers. He's sent me some Rhinegeist stuff before, and it's all been good. The other one, Braxton, I haven't had anything, but he raves about their stuff.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Beer mail from a buddy in Cincy:

Rhinegeist is the brewery WeldWerks just crushed for best new brewery in the country.

Carry on.
Represent830
AG
I bet it was because of how clean the tanks are.

#humblebrag
Chipotlemonger
AG

Having a Gulden Draak 9000 from Brouwerij Van Steenberge of Belgium tonight.

Spectacular.
Kyle98
AG
We need to hang out!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
We need to hang out!

My Gmail handle - jskelton789

Ib4anothersuccessfulTexAgshookup
Hub05
AG
Man I miss my FL stouts

jah003
S
Current Beer Thread March Madness standings going into the sweet 16...

big-ag
AG
Go KU!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brutal
zephyrtexan
AG
Hey guys, I'm setting up a beer exchange with a friend who is moving to California. Are there any beers y'all recommend my steering him towards?
jh0400
AG
The first things that come to mind:

Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Any of the RRBC -ations (but especially Supplication)
Anything from Lost Abbey or SARA
Anything from Almanac's Farm to Barrel Series
Some Bruery stuff

steve00
AG
Tried some Hopocalypse last night. Not sure if it's hard to get, but if so I'd add it to the list. Very crisp double and triple IPA.

Some of the barrel aged Firestone Walkers might be a good option too.
zephyrtexan
AG
quote:
The first things that come to mind:

Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Any of the RRBC -ations (but especially Supplication)
Anything from Lost Abbey or SARA
Anything from Almanac's Farm to Barrel Series
Some Bruery stuff

Awesome, I'll be making note of these. Much obliged, man!
big-ag
AG
Second the Almanac. Got several of those in Boulder last year. Great sours.
Hickory High
AG
Basically gonna come down to Big-ag, streetfighter, jah03 unless Kansas loses. I don't have enough PPR.
Matsui
AG
Went to local store who has Russian river from time to time and he has this below which he says is more rare. Never had it so bought a bottle $6.99... Did he dupe me?

aggiemike02
AG
not sure if its more rare or not but it was only $7
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anything with a rating >4 on Untapp'd is going to be good beer...looked this one up and it's a hair over 4.

Just a straw test.
Represent830
AG
Depends on what Russian River he had. When I was out there most stores only had Damnation which I thought was meh. However, since that is an IPA, if he had Pliny and he said that was better, you definitely got duped.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Went to local store who has Russian river from time to time and he has this below which he says is more rare. Never had it so bought a bottle $6.99... Did he dupe me?

If it's more rare, it's gotta taste better right?

Just outstanding is as good as Pliny. As long as it's not old. Not sure if Kern dates bottles.
Represent830
AG
There you go.
steve00
AG
Just Outstanding is great. It isn't as hard to get as Pliny, but it isn't easily available either. Whenever I see it somewhere, which is once every few months, I buy all they have. I also will drive several hours out of my way on a NorCal road trip to go to Kern River and buy a case.

Citra is their beer that rivals PtY in difficulty to get. Comes out once a year and there is a raffle for brewery pickup. Never had that one, but heard good things.
Matsui
AG
He would only let me buy 1 bottle. Says it comes less often that Pliny. He gets 4 cases a month of Pliny. 1 case of this kern a month.
p-wonk01
AG
If any of you guys happen to be headed to the Sweet 16 game tomorrow in Anaheim.... The Bruery is in decent proximity. Stop by...you will not regret it.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Storm's a brewin'!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

Storm's a brewin'!

I think this is probably my favorite beer. If I could only have one beer per day for the rest of my life is choose a 36oz of this.
dixie whiskey
AG
so I've recently found a trading partner in Connecticut. we just worked out our first test run type trade of good local 6 pack type beer, just to make sure all goes well and nobody gets ****ed. that box should be delivered any day now. but now that we can move on to the good stuff, any recommendations on things to ask for from there or surrounding states? I don't have the ammo to get the best of the best, and he doesn't seem the type to chase "whales" anyway. so I'm looking for very good beers that won't take an arm and a leg to aquire. tia
Bmac04
AG
Depending on what part of the state he lives in and if he likes to drive or not I would suggest Grimm and Other Half out of NY or Trillium and Treehouse out of Mass.
Hub05
AG
OEC brewing if you like sour beer
First Page Last Page
Page 870 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.