Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,690,282 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by maca1028
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks we were gonna go to a different one but I think we're gonna head to that one instead.
Kyle98
AG
Went to Shannon Brewing in Keller today for their St. Paddy's party. Their beer is normally just ok, nothing special.

WorkBooks09 from the homebrew thread won best is show at a competition they hosted in November, and got to brew there a couple of months ago. They had his beer on tap today. Pretty damn good. The dry hopped Irish Red was the best of the rest of their beers.
MW13
AG
Big shout out to Maca that place was awesome. We got a pint of yellow rose and sat and watched Kentucky and Indiana. Then grabbed some staycation and a few other things and got some growlers of Kentucky Habit and BBH Chocolate. Very successful trip!
turfman80
AG
quote:
Nice 8am bottle share to start a Saturday

That should be illegal. Damn....
turfman80
AG
Lonestar Beverages in Carrolton is one of the best bottle ships I have been to, especially in Texas. Everything fresh and a fantastic selection.

Question.... Has anyone else suffered a weeks long screw up of their beer taste buds? For the last few weeks, nothing is tasting as it should in terms of hops. All fresh Yellow Rose, Sculpin, Mosaic, Fresh Squeezed... Everything just tastes off to me. At this rate I may as well drink some Shiner Birthday beer......
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think that's definitely possible
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ratio Beerworks out of Denver. Probably my favorite Gose I've ever had. Love the balance of the sour here. I'm not huge on heavy sour past the point of unsettling my stomach much, but can deal with heavier sours...just not every day.

Think it's called The Knew Gose? "The Knew Schmew Brew"
maca1028
quote:
Big shout out to Maca that place was awesome. We got a pint of yellow rose and sat and watched Kentucky and Indiana. Then grabbed some staycation and a few other things and got some growlers of Kentucky Habit and BBH Chocolate. Very successful trip!
BSD
AG
quote:
Nice 8am bottle share to start a Saturday

Damn!!!
NColoradoAG
Weldwerks at 1pm today just prior to opening for our crowler release of our barrel aged stout variants. Over 50 people in line. Sold out of our stock of 140 crowlers in 25 minutes. Good times.

https://instagr.am/p/BDKKc0CR-E3
dixie whiskey
AG
very, very impressed with bufords roadside wares. I haven't seen a lot of hype for it, I guess because it's not a fruit sour or anything, but it deserves it. the brandy barrel character was spot on, and the pecan flavor was enough without being overwhelming. it's plenty tart for what it is, and I kind of feel like it's rare to come across a really good biere de garde, so I appreciate what they accomished here. highly recommended getting a bottle or two if possible.

also, in regards to the post above about taste buds being off, I experienced this recently and do from time to time. I usually chalk it up to allergies, as mine get a bit out of whack when the weather changes. could also be I was mildly sick, who knows. it is really frustrating though when you pop open a good beer and can't experience it properly.
Represent830
AG
Just got back from Russian River. Great times.

Represent830
AG
(Obviously that Almanac is not Russian River, that's just my haulpic I took)
Hudson2508
AG

Final haul from NYC/Philadelphia. One of the Lambo Door's sprung a leak in my luggage so had to drink it as soon as I got home so it didn't go to waste. Luckily the leak was small and didn't soak much of anything in my suitcase.
Chipotlemonger
AG
A sure sign of Spring, Abita Strawberry. One of the few craft beers I got into before my change from just a "time to time" deal to full on craft drinking.

My dog sniffing at it from the bottom of the table.
Kyle98
AG
Nice day for beers on the balcony!
Represent830
AG
Couldn't get to a computer in time to join the bracket, but what can of drinks are you guys sending?
Chipotlemonger
AG

The mistress that is Raspberry Temptress to console me through this ****ty first half of the game.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dream Crusher worked for the baseball team so let's see how it does for basketball.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bourbon for that victory. Goodness what a game.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I freaking stopped watching with a minute left and cam back when my cousin texted me. I never do that so I don't miss a comeback and the one freaking time I do. Guess I need to stock up on some more Dream Crusher though.
jah003
S
What... The actual... Hell...?

Kyle98
AG
quote:
Dream Crusher worked for the baseball team so let's see how it does for basketball.

Who's in for buying this guy several cases of Dreamcrusher?
Represent830
AG
Post your victory beers.

Hickory High
AG
army01
AG
Uncle Jacob's batch no. 5 for my celebration beer. I might have a fever, but **** it. Have to celebrate this *****.
La Fours
AG
All six hopadillos.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Post your victory beers.

Ok so the guy at Torst told me he thinks that the L'Brett d'Cherry is better than Nightmare. Hoping he's righ since I bought it, but that lols wonderful.
big-ag
AG
No pic but it was Burton Baton and a Fresh Squeezed for me.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Post your victory beers.

Ok so the guy at Torst told me he thinks that the L'Brett d'Cherry is better than Nightmare. Hoping he's righ since I bought it, but that lols wonderful.

That's excellent as I have a L'Brett in my fridge waiting to be cracked two weekends from now. This was excellent though... Gonna be hard to top it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I liked the Nightmare on Brett more the L' Brett Cherry in my opinions. Although the version I had of NOB was aged in Port barrels, so it's not an exact comparison. Both were outstanding though, so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
jh0400
AG
I'm still kind of disappointed that they only had Cherry NIghtmare on tap when we were there. I would love to have a bottle or two.
62strat
AG
Is nightmare just a series, with many different variations?

I have a few in basement and had one more recently, but I swear it was different than the first time I had it last year.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Is nightmare just a series, with many different variations?

I have a few in basement and had one more recently, but I swear it was different than the first time I had it last year.
Nightmare is the base porter. They have done different barrel treatments, along with different fruit additions.
Jock 07
AG
Just found out I'm most likely moving to Omaha NE this summer, gonna miss the Colorado beer scene, but it'll probably help my wallet too.
First Page Last Page
Page 869 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.