Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,692 Views | 62658 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Kyle98
dixie whiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
divine reserve 16 is pretty good. I don't really know much about the adambier style, and can see how its so polarizing among early reviews, but Im enjoying it. it's smokey, sweet, fruity, and interesting. I really like when they step outside the box like this in the dr series.

Having my first one tonight and completely agree. It's pretty good stuff. Even my wife likes it and she doesn't normally like the "heavier" stuff.

it really reminds me of a smoked quad almost, but a little easier to put down. pretty nice depth of flavor. of course I went back for more and the store I got it from was sold out. although I'd prefer to land a 6er (if they even still do those) over the bomber I got, so I'm holding out hope. also can't wait for this to go into barrels. I know bishops barrel is mapped out for the next few, but they gotta do it down the road.

looking like north coast le merle and maybe wipers times 14 for me tonight
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
divine reserve 16 is pretty good. I don't really know much about the adambier style, and can see how its so polarizing among early reviews, but Im enjoying it. it's smokey, sweet, fruity, and interesting. I really like when they step outside the box like this in the dr series.

Having my first one tonight and completely agree. It's pretty good stuff. Even my wife likes it and she doesn't normally like the "heavier" stuff.

it really reminds me of a smoked quad almost, but a little easier to put down. pretty nice depth of flavor. of course I went back for more and the store I got it from was sold out. although I'd prefer to land a 6er (if they even still do those) over the bomber I got, so I'm holding out hope. also can't wait for this to go into barrels. I know bishops barrel is mapped out for the next few, but they gotta do it down the road.

Where are you located? I drank one, would like to hold on to one, but have the other 4 I'd be willing to give you.
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where are you located? I drank one, would like to hold on to one, but have the other 4 I'd be willing to give you.

thanks for the offer. I'm on the nw side of houston, toward cypress. so finding more probably won't be impossible for me. unless you just didn't care for them, in which case I'd have no problem throwing you some cash, or if there was something in my somewhat limited collection (as far as rare stuff goes at least) youd be interested in. but if you do like them, no need to burn your stash on me. I was able to get 1 at least, which is more than a lot of non local posters can say- so if one of then wants them, I'd give them or yourself preference. but like I said, if they just weren't your thing I'd buy them off you gladly, assuming someone that's looking that hasn't had any luck doesn't want them. I'd always defer to as many people getting to try the beer theyre after as possible, especially other ags, over getting extras for myself.
army01
AG
I didn't care for them, but I'm up north, west of Fort Worth. I'm sure I can find them a good home.

If any Funkytown Ags are interested, let me know. Four 12 oz bottles free to a good home.
Post removed:
by user
Kyle98
AG
Down in Franklin, south of Nashville, Mantra Artisan Ales was pretty good. We were there for the Vandy game this year, and they had just opened. I was surprised at the quality for a brand new brewery.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Really enjoyed Tenneessee Brew Work tap room while on a trip there a year ago. Great to hang out here and play some board games and have some flights. I enjoyed this place a little too much to be honest.

Yazoo brewing was good for a few beers, especially their Sue smoked beer. I'm not well versed in smoked beers but I liked this one. Their taproom left something to be desired though.
big-ag
AG
quote:
Any good breweries in Memphis, Nashville or Kentucky? Going on a road trip next week.
Went to Blackstone before the Music City Bowl.

The Nut Brown and APA were decent.

The big plus was a 6x5oz sampler was $7.50.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jester King Ambree, Batch #2 tonight from the Fall of 2014.

Nice Monday sour.

Speaking of which, anyone know if they're doing another batch of Foudreweizen?? May be my favorite Jk beer, at least outside of some of the fruited sour (Nocturn especially).

Anyone got any bottles of Foudreweizen?
dixie whiskey
AG
if anyone on the nw side of houston, or even cypress, runs into any 8th wonder cans (especially rocket fuel) or karbach here comes the sun, please post it here. I know if I just exercise a little patience I'll see them all over the place, but I'm not a patient person.

also really want to get my hands on some bruery stuff without heading downtown, but I'm not exactly holding my breath there.
lne2011
AG
Picked up Here Comes the Sun at the HEB at Mason and 290 this past Friday.
MW13
AG
quote:
I didn't care for them, but I'm up north, west of Fort Worth. I'm sure I can find them a good home.

If any Funkytown Ags are interested, let me know. Four 12 oz bottles free to a good home.
I've got some but wouldn't mind getting more if you don't want em. If there's somebody else that hasn't had them or can't get them give em to them though.
Hickory High
AG
Had to come brag about the beer share party my buddy had this past weekend in Austin. The best of the best. I'll never have stuff better than this again. Just wish I had an unlimited amount of everything from Tree House Brewing.

Scriffer
AG
Holy crap
jetch17
AG
quote:
if anyone on the nw side of houston, or even cypress, runs into any 8th wonder cans (especially rocket fuel) or karbach here comes the sun, please post it here. I know if I just exercise a little patience I'll see them all over the place, but I'm not a patient person.

also really want to get my hands on some bruery stuff without heading downtown, but I'm not exactly holding my breath there.
if you can make it over to Bunker HEB, they have assloads

ChipFTAC01
AG
I haven't had too much 8th wonder. What's really worthwhile?
maca1028
quote:
I haven't had too much 8th wonder. What's really worthwhile?

I like their Vietnamese porter, they have a lot of solid brews, nothing outstanding. Their tasting room is a pretty cool place to hang out.

maca1028
I've been searching online for some good places to order loons from, it seems Belgium in a box and etre get a lot of love. I came across belgianbeerz and belgianshop, has anyone here used either of these? They were the only 2 sites that have rose and kriek which are the two I'm looking for.
Bmac04
AG
Check out finestbelgianbeers. They normally have loons and 3f and always get all the limited release stuff as well but you have to watch it daily becasue it will sell out very fast. For the less limited stuff they usually have something in stock.

NColoradoAG
quote:
Check out finestbelgianbeers. They normally have loons and 3f and always get all the limited release stuff as well but you have to watch it daily becasue it will sell out very fast. For the less limited stuff they usually have something in stock.

I love how they leave the loons up on the page just to tease you. OH, YOU THINK YOU CAN BUY A FOU? THINK AGAIN STUPID AMERICAN!
Hickory High
AG
Of those in the picture (and from what I can remember), my favorites were Assassin (obviously), To The Choir and Beatitude from Sante Adairius, Beatitude from Council, and the two Bourbon County beers from Goose Island.
maca1028
I've found that to be the case on several of the sites I've visited.
maca1028
Thanks!
NColoradoAG
quote:
I've found that to be the case on several of the sites I've visited.
Just like local releases, you are fighting the hoards of neckbeards. The online game is even harder these days because the mule groups take down anything in stock like a hoard of soccer moms at Old Navy on black friday.
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:

if you can make it over to Bunker HEB, they have assloads

thanks for the heads up, I try to get to bunker hill somewhat regularly to get growler fills, and theyre the closest place to me that sells cascade for when I have $30 burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I'll have to try to get up there this week. missed the ballast point tap takeover but maybe they'll still have some VaS variants too
Bmac04
AG
What did you think about Scribe? Opening one in a couple weeks.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
What did you think about Scribe? Opening one in a couple weeks.

It was damn good for sure, but I couldn't tell you exactly how it tasted. I tried every single one of those bottles in the picture and then some. The beers I listed are just the ones that I distinctly remember.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What's the story on those two beers out front? I seem to remember seeing the gold trim bottle before on here but can't recall either beer specifically. Limited release bottles?
maca1028
Fou is typically a fall release right?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
What's the story on those two beers out front? I seem to remember seeing the gold trim bottle before on here but can't recall either beer specifically. Limited release bottles?

Yeah, VERY limited release. The kind of breweries that require year-long membership or lottery draw.
Jock 07
AG
how was the vanilla eclipse?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
how was the vanilla eclipse?

They don't joke around with the vanilla in it, that's for sure. Very good stuff.
Hickory High
AG
Speaking of Tree House, this is awesome.

http://treehousebrew.com/blog/2016/2/28/a-reflection-and-plans-for-the-future

713nervy
AG
Saint Arnold DR16 at Whole Foods in Highland Park. Sixers just sitting on the shelf behind the coffee bar. Wtf?
62strat
AG
Maybe it has to do something with there actually being other local breweries in town and/or better distribution of good beer to TX?
Hope S.A. enjoyed their 15 year monopoly!
First Page Last Page
Page 858 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.