Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,669 Views | 62611 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Jock 07
Ryan C. Whittenberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Looks like Revolver is bringing out a new beer.
Hickory High
AG
Maybe this will be the first Revolver that tastes good.
Hickory High
AG
I'll be in New York City next week, any breweries y'all recommend visiting? I'll be tying to go to Torst, Other Half, and Grimm.
Hudson2508
AG
Hickory, I'll also be in NYC next week (17th-20th). Let me know what beer spots you end up liking. I was trying to put together a list of good bars and breweries to hit.

Also, Grimm doesn't have a tasting room yet do they?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Random score of the year for me: Blue Wax Perpetual Peace at Blackhawk Shell. It was his and he just decided to put it out. I just happened to be in to grab it.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Hickory, I'll also be in NYC next week (17th-20th). Let me know what beer spots you end up liking. I was trying to put together a list of good bars and breweries to hit.

Also, Grimm doesn't have a tasting room yet do they?

Correct, they call themselves "nomadic brewers." They have a long list of very small places that they go brew at throughout the month. I will have to look and see where they'll be on the days that I am there.
62strat
AG
I think the more acceptable term is 'Gypsy brewers'. Mikeller, Evil Twin, Stillwater, etc.
Chipotlemonger
AG
speaking of Mikkeller, so they're a gypsy brewery but they run some international pubs? Any of y'all ever been to a Mikkeller location to eat and drink?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
speaking of Mikkeller, so they're a gypsy brewery but they run some international pubs? Any of y'all ever been to a Mikkeller location to eat and drink?
I went to the one in San Fran a coupe of years ago.

****ing. Awesome.

Represent830
AG
Denver Dudes,

My BIL is there right now and said he will bring me some stuff back. Have any of you seen Nightmare on Brett or Mama Bear's Sour Cherry Pie around town?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
What's the story on those two beers out front? I seem to remember seeing the gold trim bottle before on here but can't recall either beer specifically. Limited release bottles?

Side Project the Scribe and Toppling Goliath Assassin (aged in pappy 20 barrels). Both very small batches and both sell for $350+ on aftermarket sites
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
What's the story on those two beers out front? I seem to remember seeing the gold trim bottle before on here but can't recall either beer specifically. Limited release bottles?

Side Project the Scribe and Toppling Goliath Assassin (aged in pappy 20 barrels). Both very small batches and both sell for $350+ on aftermarket sites
Hickory, please tell me you drank those very early in the process...
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

Crap, I passed on Assassin at $150-200.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Goodness!

I have a hard time justifying $27/bottle for Cascade. That's triple digit stuff is crazy.
Hickory High
AG
I can confidently tell you it's the greatest thing I've ever tasted.
62strat
AG
quote:
Denver Dudes,

My BIL is there right now and said he will bring me some stuff back. Have any of you seen Nightmare on Brett or Mama Bear's Sour Cherry Pie around town?
I've seen both of those at Lukas and Parker Payless recently. Lots of both.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

TG stouts have been going out of control lately. $350 is about the entry point for them now up to well over $1000
EFE
AG
BP pint night in el valle, fresh from the tit
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Denver Dudes,

I've seen both of those at Lukas and Parker Payless recently. Lots of both.
Much appreciated, sir.
maca1028
$350 for regular assassin or BA assassin, or is there a difference
Bmac04
AG
All Assassin is BA
maca1028
I did not know that, guess I don't feel too bad about spending $70 on 2 bottles on cantillon
Chipotlemonger
AG
2013 Pumpkinator in Dallas at the Whole Foods on Beltline.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sick glass.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:

TG stouts have been going out of control lately. $350 is about the entry point for them now up to well over $1000

Man, what???
Jock 07
AG
I've now had all 3 versions and think I liked the CS the best.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Okay $1,000?! **** that noise. If I'm ever a rich enough snob and want to buy a bottle of beer for that, I hope my 26 year old self travels to the future to beat my ass.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Okay $1,000?! **** that noise. If I'm ever a rich enough snob and want to buy a bottle of beer for that, I hope my 26 year old self travels to the future to beat my ass.

And the TG stout that goes for $1000 is only a 12oz bottle.

I've had Assassin (gold and silver wax) , SR71, and Mornin Delight. Mornin Delight was one of the more overrated beers I've ever tried. SR71 was good, but not appreciably better than many other top tier BA stouts. Gold Wax Assassin is probably the best stout I've ever had. Taste wise it's a 9.5 but mouthfeel on that beer is insane. I can't imagine brewing that beer. It's probably a 18-20 hour brew day.
Hickory High
AG
quote:

....he said on a thread dedicated to expensive beer
BSD
AG
quote:

If you ever that rich, call me. I'll save you from a dumbass 26 yr old kid who is about to kick your ass and we'll drink TG to celebrate.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

And probably the best beer I have ever had
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

And probably the best beer I have ever had

I don't know if I'll ever come across that beer. Maybe they'll do a lotto for the next batch and I'll get lucky enough to go out again for bottles.

And if I do I'll probably drink it blind against a couple others just to see if it wins out.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Gold Wax Assassin is probably the best stout I've ever had. Taste wise it's a 9.5 but mouthfeel on that beer is insane. I can't imagine brewing that beer. It's probably a 18-20 hour brew day.

Posts on TA and then goes on BA and makes a baller offer to get another one, nicely done sir
Bmac04
AG
I traded for it a little over a year ago and gave up BA abraxas, 2 vanilla and 2 Prop 14. Probably wouldn't give up that much again for it but I don't regret it.
BSD
AG
Yall need to find one of those baller ass TG stouts and bring it down and I'll open my Cherry/Cacao Dark Lord. Just sayin'...
First Page Last Page
Page 859 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.