Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,129 Views | 62488 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by hbc07
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://m.imgur.com/PQteHvr?r
Jason_Ag98
AG
NColoradoAG
Weldwerks has been named best new brewery in the country by USA Today! I am extremely proud and incredibly happy to be part of such an amazing brewery. We will be celebrating our first anniversary next weekend in blowout fashion. We will be premiering the first beers from our barrel and sour program. If you're in colorado, don't miss it!

http://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-new-brewery/

https://instagr.am/p/BCjm9FxR-D0
La Fours
AG
quote:
Weldwerks has been named best new brewery in the country by USA Today! I am extremely proud and incredibly happy to be part of such an amazing brewery. We will be celebrating our first anniversary next weekend in blowout fashion. We will be premiering the first beers from our barrel and sour program. If you're in colorado, don't miss it!

That's f-/:ing fantastic. Congratulations!!
BSD
AG
**** yeah!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Wow congrats!
62strat
AG
Wow That's cool. What do you think makes them so great? I mean, how do you stand out among 1000 other breweries that opened in the last few years?

What do you do for them again?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Wow That's cool. What do you think makes them so great? I mean, how do you stand out among 1000 other breweries that opened in the last few years?

It starts with our brewer, system, and a strong business model that was well funded. Neil Fisher is the head man and he is sharp as a tack. Studied physics at North Carolina and truly understands the science behind brewing beer. That understanding is coupled with a 750k, 15 BBL, Premier Stainless brewhouse that is efficient and consistent. We have the fermentation capacity to satisfy a rapidly expanding portfolio of draft accounts. Every batch of beer we've put on tap has been better than the last. We've had some misses that went down the drain, but we are committed to only serving excellent beer. It's not a trial and error operation

We also understand and appreciate the current trends in beer. We make what we want to drink, not boring styles that are easy to market and sell, because we want to push the envelope and change palates. We make tasty beer and it sells itself. Our IPA has grown into a really well crafted beer that hits all the modern qualities in taste, aroma, and feel. Next week we will also debut our take on the new east coast IPA. It'll be a hazy, juicy, clean take on the style that is really changing the way people think IPAs should taste.

We were also able to quickly source 50 premium fresh bourbon barrels from Breckenridge Distillery. Those were filled 6 weeks after we opened. We have been racking them off and making variants for the last 3 weeks. This beer will also be our first packaged beer to hit shelves in 375ml bottles. We tapped a sixtel of the coffee variant today in the brewhouse and I must say it is quite good to excellent. We will also have coconut and maple coffee variants.

And lastly we are committed to having a strong wild ale presence in the tap room and on accounts. We have ten barrels of a golden sour ale aged on 3 pounds per gallon of Apricots ready for the taproom and possibly bottles. The 50 barrels that have stout on them will be steamed and put into the wild ale program as soon as they're empty. We now have a dedicated 15 BBL brite and all the necessary equipment to do a lot of wild and Brett based ales.

Couple all that with a silver our first year at GABF, several best of shows at festivals, great press in Colorado blogs, and now this award and you have a very full tap room and 50+ draft accounts from Greeley to Denver.

Sorry for the novel, just very excited for my buddy Neil. He's been a great friend for over five years. I've know him since we were noob beer traders and he was homebrewing. Our wives take spin class together.

Oh, and my involvement is simply the Thursday night volunteer. I work for free. I clean the mash tun, wash and fill kegs, and taste test as well when I have the time or if we brew on a weekend day. I'm an accountant by day, so I also try and tell him how to spend his money. And to toot my own horn a bit, I've also come up with the names for several of our beers.

turfman80
AG
Congrats, Adam!
maca1028
quote:

Congrats!
ChipFTAC01
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome, and great behind the bar description of the operations and vision.
Mustang1
AG
Wow that sounds waaayyyyyy more interesting than accountant work. When are you moving from volunteer to employee?
Kyle98
AG
Man that's cool! Congrats!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

We've had some misses that went down the drain, but we are committed to only serving excellent beer. It's not a trial and error operation
Doing things the right way. This is what separates true breweries from home brewers with too much money and time on their hands who open a brewery more as a hobby; which unfortunately is what we primarily see here in the springs. Congrats to y'all and all the hard work and dedication y'all have. Will have to make my way up there sometime.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll pile on the congrats as well! Pretty amazing.
jah003
S
How is this possible...? I've never seen you guys put out any #whalezbro and nobody is offering up KBBS for your beers in the trade forums...

Seriously... Congrats! I wouldn't mind something sour or barrel aged in my next box .
BSD
AG
quote:
words, words, more words, cool story (seriously)

Represent830
AG
Congrats dude! I'm trying to plan a trip to Denver for my birthday so I will try to swing up there for a brew.
62strat
AG
quote:
Wow that sounds waaayyyyyy more interesting than accountant work. When are you moving from volunteer to employee?
after he convinces the wife to sell the house and move the family into a 1 bedroom apartment.
Scriffer
AG
After a full day of home repairs.

Might be the sneakiest 10% beer I've ever had.
jh0400
AG
Drinking a JK Figlet. Not my favorite, but it's pretty good.
SecoKid
AG
How is the watermelon flavor in that?
Scriffer
AG
It's good. At first taste, I didn't think I'd like it long term, but it's very drinkable.
jh0400
AG
I picked up some Blue Owl Spirit Animal earlier in the week. I really like it. It's not the most complex beer ever, but it's a good change of pace that you can drink from the can.
jh0400
AG
Raspberry Temptress is legit. Monday I'm buying more.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Raspberry Temptress is legit. Monday I'm buying more.

Love the Raspberry Temptress.

Visited Community Beer Co. this afternoon. Had a damn good time with the lady friend. Legion is a fine stout, and their Mosaic IPA is solid AF.
dixie whiskey
AG
divine reserve 16 is pretty good. I don't really know much about the adambier style, and can see how its so polarizing among early reviews, but Im enjoying it. it's smokey, sweet, fruity, and interesting. I really like when they step outside the box like this in the dr series.
Bmac04
AG
Congrats
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Finally tried Chocolate BBH. Meh.
Kyle98
AG
Mosaic is one of my go-to local beers. Good stuff.
MW13
AG
quote:
divine reserve 16 is pretty good. I don't really know much about the adambier style, and can see how its so polarizing among early reviews, but Im enjoying it. it's smokey, sweet, fruity, and interesting. I really like when they step outside the box like this in the dr series.

Having my first one tonight and completely agree. It's pretty good stuff. Even my wife likes it and she doesn't normally like the "heavier" stuff.
dave99ag
AG
Drinking Karbach's Here Comes the Sun this evening while coding a little SAS. I'm liking this one.
Represent830
AG
NERD ALERT
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love Tripels. Had OHB Freaky Deaky earlier. My first OHB.

Keeping an eye out for the Karbach tripel.
First Page Last Page
Page 857 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.