Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,970 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by Kyle98
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
You think you could check your damn email while at Falling Rock? Or while waiting at the airport?

Only if they like drunk replies.

It's as if you don't even know me. That hurts, bro. Drunk replies are best replies.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
absolutely, when you going to be in town? My wife is up there for a conference at the convention center Thur-Sat and I'm going to go up Fri afternoon. Have 4 slots reserved for the 430 new belgium tour sat afternoon as well.

We're flying in tomorrow morning and will be in Denver until Sunday. Oddly enough, also for a conference (ASHA). You'll enjoy the NB tour. Did it a couple of years ago.

Right now I plan on visiting Crooked Stave and a few bottle shops (Mr. Bs, Argonaut). Not sure if we'll venture outside of Denver. Depends on how much free time she has.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You think you could check your damn email while at Falling Rock? Or while waiting at the airport?

It's as if you don't even know me. That hurts, bro. Drunk replies are best replies.

How 'bout a drunk text from Crooked Stave in the middle of the day.
Jock 07
AG
Yea my wife's going up for ASHA as well, also, if you want to take it easier on your wallet, drink crooked stave somewhere besides crooked stave.
dave99ag
AG
Good to know. We're staying near the convention center, so I'll probably walk around a lot. Looks like Falling Rock is 10' from the hotel. And near our favorite... Snooze AM.
turfman80
AG
quote:
I will try and find out for sure for. There isn't a ton and the second half leaves next week so if/when it does it may just be HEB or Specs
According to an HEB beer manager, Bryan/College Station will not receive an allotment of Alpine. On-premise accounts only.
txaggie05
AG
Anyone got any spots in Minneapolis? Will probably go to Surly...but looking for a bar too.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How 'bout a drunk text from Crooked Stave in the middle of the day.
That's just hateful.
maca1028
Houston-Nobi
Denver-Falling Rock
Portland-Belmont Station (more of a bottle shop)

Limited because I haven't traveled as much
ChipFTAC01
AG
Funny, my wife was going to go to ASHA as well. Had to cancel her registration as something came up.
GTBullitt68
AG
For those of you in DFW, Whole Foods off I-30 in North Arlington is having a beer release tonight from 7-9ish and sense I can't make it I thought I'd post it here for y'all. They are releasing the following:

St. Arnold Pumpkinator 2014 (1 case) / 2015 (10 cases)
Bishop's Barrel #9 and #11 (at least 3 cases of each)
Divine Reserve #13 and #15 (1 case of each)
Firestone Velvet Merkin (2 cases)
Founders Backwoods ******* (3 cases)

Good luck to y'all and really wish I could make it to get my hands on a #9 and #13.
wessimo
AG
I thought bishops barrel was restaurant release only
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I think it mostly is, but I have seen it at a very select few bottle shops. Craft and Growler in Dallas (Deep Ellum) gets them every once in a while.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Anyone got any spots in Minneapolis? Will probably go to Surly...but looking for a bar too.

Town Hall Brewery in the Seven Corners area (near U of M) is awesome! A definite place to go for good beer (won many awards).

Summit brewing is a larger one like Shiner, but you cab get some good stuff at the tap room (not mass marketed)

Indeed brewing is supposed to be a good one also, but I haven't been.

maca1028
Always does the job
Jock 07
AG
Meant to bring this down for the bama game to share, but I left it here like a dumbass.

EFE
AG
I'm a sucker for the grapefruit, can't pass it up when I see it on the shelves.
maca1028
Cheers
La Fours
AG
It is only sold to on premise accounts. But the on premise locations that have growlers and bottles to go can sell you one to go if they want to. That's how I get BB's from Harvey Washbangers.
p-wonk01
AG
Spent the evening at Woodfour brewery in Sebastopol and Russian River. Will report when sober
BigTimeAlum
AG
I got a growler of Lakewood's "The Witch". Super good. I like it better than FQT.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Spent the evening at Woodfour brewery in Sebastopol and Russian River. Will report when sober

Woodfour is the best thing in Sebastopol. Loved it there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Tell me more. Where did you find this?
La Fours
AG
quote:
I got a growler of Lakewood's "The Witch". Super good. I like it better than FQT.

If you drink it, will it turn you into a newt?
duck79
AG
That was true for first shipment. Waiting to see how much went to Houston on second shipment and if enough then it will get to HEB/specs.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Where did you find that? I've been wanting to try it.
AggieOO
High country market still has wbdpp.
Geriatric Punk
AG

Love this time of year because Shugga is on the shelf. That's the beer that got me into beer. Best thing to put to your lips while you sit on your tailgate after a day on the mountain.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Gotta have the Gatorade on hand for those special moments
Geriatric Punk
AG
Indeed. For the morning after the Ags played Auburn, for instance.
Bmac04
AG
Nice box of some NE goodies today.

La Fours
AG
Damn
Hudson2508
AG
Anyone tried Freetail's La Muerta EC 12?
turfman80
AG
quote:
That was true for first shipment. Waiting to see how much went to Houston on second shipment and if enough then it will get to HEB/specs.
I sincerely hope you're right, but I'll believe it when I see it. Hell, we don't get Yellow Rose, Sculpin, SA Art Car, etc. even when we are a stones throw away from areas that receive the stuff. There is still 2/27 Union Jack sitting on shelves, while the other store shelf spaces devoted to FW have been taken over by crap Texas "craft" beers because the B/CS Budweiser distributor can't bring themselves to deliver even semi fresh FW beers. I guess Bood Light tejano beer or Robert Earl Keen piss beer or whatever, is more important to their bottom line or the troglodyte taste buds of the mouth breathing 'craft beer' aficionados in the Brazos Valley. Give me a break.

I'M MAD AS HELL... AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
I sincerely hope you're right, but I'll believe it when I see it. Hell, we don't get Yellow Rose, Sculpin, SA Art Car, etc. even when we are a stones throw away from areas that receive the stuff. There is still 2/27 Union Jack sitting on shelves, while the other store shelf spaces devoted to FW have been taken over by crap Texas "craft" beers because the B/CS Budweiser distributor can't bring themselves to deliver even semi fresh FW beers. I guess Bood Light tejano beer or Robert Earl Keen piss beer or whatever, is more important to their bottom line or the troglodyte taste buds of the mouth breathing 'craft beer' aficionados in the Brazos Valley. Give me a break.

I'M MAD AS HELL... AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Preach
First Page Last Page
Page 779 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.