Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,416 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is tasty. Great Gose.
La Fours
AG
quote:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad270/mbole11/5088A92E-0BEF-40BC-B349-9776BE35CF98_zpsbbr1bogf.jpg

This is tasty. Great Gose.

Nice. I hope that shows up in BCS.
turfman80
AG
I doubt it
AgEng06
AG
Had one the other night and really enjoyed it.
turfman80
AG
Saw this yesterday at the College Station Specs! Woohoo!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/143/182445/
turfman80
AG
A big shelf area at CS Specs now devoted to Infamous Brewing! They only rate a 3.08 on BeerAdvocate, but what do those Yankees know? Drink Texas...drink local!!

My fridge is now stocked up with this hop head's dream beer!!!
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31874/96265/
turfman80
AG
Anyone going to the WC game this Saturday? I can host a tailgate, as I pulled some strings at Specs to land a keg of this gem!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24326/73360/

NoCal, let me know if you change your plans now and head on down. BSD, always welcome! LaFours, don't worry about bringing anything else.
Jock 07
AG
Blind pig, FW 15, FW 19, & FW Agrestic for me this evening
maca1028
quote:
Anyone going to the WC game this Saturday? I can host a tailgate, as I pulled some strings at Specs to land a keg of this gem!

NoCal, let me know if you change your plans now and head on down. BSD, always welcome! LaFours, don't worry about bringing anything else.

The one bottle share that I could finally make got rained out!

Jk, wish I could make it...there's always Aggie Baseball
BSD
AG
quote:

Baller! You know I'm down. Hell, I may even throw a middle finger up to my cardiologist and do some keg stands!
La Fours
AG
quote:

I can stop by and hang out for a little while. I'll be technically working but I can get out and wander around at times.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
That was true for first shipment. Waiting to see how much went to Houston on second shipment and if enough then it will get to HEB/specs.
I sincerely hope you're right, but I'll believe it when I see it. Hell, we don't get Yellow Rose, Sculpin, SA Art Car, etc. even when we are a stones throw away from areas that receive the stuff. There is still 2/27 Union Jack sitting on shelves, while the other store shelf spaces devoted to FW have been taken over by crap Texas "craft" beers because the B/CS Budweiser distributor can't bring themselves to deliver even semi fresh FW beers. I guess Bood Light tejano beer or Robert Earl Keen piss beer or whatever, is more important to their bottom line or the troglodyte taste buds of the mouth breathing 'craft beer' aficionados in the Brazos Valley. Give me a break.

I'M MAD AS HELL... AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Interesting that you should mention this. I was talking to one of my liquor store owners here about FW. He was talking about how the distribution just changed over to AB distribution and that we're probably not going to see as much barrel works stuff cause all their regular stuff just turds up the shelves here, sans the Union Jack.
Scriffer
AG
Had Peticolas Ghost of Alfred Brown tonight at Lakewood Growler. Really good ghost pepper brown ale, which I didn't expect I'd like.

Also had 100 Million Angels Singing Double IPA from Texas Ale Project. They've been around for a little over six months in Dallas, and they're pretty impressive too. They're self-distributing and start canning this weekend, so definitely check them out if y'all get the chance.
army01
AG
Can 13th Man still be found in CS? And is Sweep the Leg included in the Infamous stuff?
turfman80
AG
Surprisingly, I haven't seen 13th Man lately...perhaps all the frat boys cleared it out, but Sweep the Leg is still here, along with the nine month old Union Jack. I cannot wait for our distributors to clear out Odells shelf space to bring in 5 Stones Pompous Monkey, a hefeweizen brewed with pomegranates and toasted cocounts!!! Drink local...drink Texas!!!
Jock 07
AG
Had it on tap last night, found a bottle tonight

dave99ag
AG
At Falling Rock. They have 16 sours on tap!!! Starting with Crooked Stave Origins and Russian River Consecration.
BSD
AG
quote:
At Falling Rock. They have 16 sours on tap!!! Starting with Crooked Stave Origins and Russian River Consecration.

**** yeah.
BSD
AG
A buddy just dropped off one of these in exchange for using my WineCheck at Goose Island Rare Day tomorrow.

dave99ag
AG
And because the waitress likes us, she's bringing Pliny and Blind Pig, which aren't on the list!

Whalez bro.
duck79
AG
Turfman,

I can't speak to any of those you mentioned bc we don't have them in BCS. I am just trying to help out on the products I have to fellow Aggies. There are a lot of intangibles that go into how the items are distributed and unfortunately right now the BCS craft community isn't as developed as some other areas that receive more inventory. Trust me, I can't wait for that to change. Like I said though, I love good craft beer and just want to give fellow Ags a heads up on where to find some releases and new items.
La Fours
AG
I don't think his comments were necessarily directed at you, as you don't have control over what we get here. He's not mad at you but the effed up system.

Not sure why this town gets over looked. Especially during football season when we have 100k plus visitors each home game. Two craft breweries, on which is expanding and a third that is being built and should be online this time next year. This is a very big and growing market. The distributors are losing out on a lot of money by not bringing the best product. So we have people mule for us from out of town or we travel and spend our money elsewhere.

We have the dollars and the people who want to drink good beer. But Hilliard doesn't give a damn about their craft lines and bringing the best product to market here. BEK does a decent job here but is hamstrung because the warehouse is in Houston and the accounts here get the left overs after Houston accounts. Specs has stupid rules and internal policies that hamstring their stores from being able to get and sell high demand product. If a store isn't approved for a beer, then they can't sell it. Even if it's sitting in their store.

Then you see brands like Boulevard, Avery and New Belgium that we get their base line beers but never their best stuff. Avery is getting better. But lips of faith line from NB isn't available here. And no love child for boulevard.
turfman80
AG
exactly
duck79
AG
You are dead on with those comments. Avery will get better with the new brewery up and running. Heck right now we can't get enough white rascal much less 22 Anniversary. As far as CS goes, you have to look at it like this. If we get 100 cases for the entire state you have to look at sales in distributing those and that is what I meant by development. I can't speak to how other distributors are set up but I know we take the craft development very serious and see the continued growth in that market. If I could get a steady supply of Hoppy Birthday or 120 to fill the state I would in a heartbeat.
La Fours
AG
And I do see your point about times where the state gets a very small allocation. But I think there is a fault with the trickle down effect it causes. It seems like all too often crap stores in big markets will get good stuff and it sits, while shops here that appear to have good sales get left out.
dave99ag
AG
Finishing with Temptation Batch 006. I may not leave this place.
maca1028
quote:
I don't think his comments were necessarily directed at you, as you don't have control over what we get here. He's not mad at you but the effed up system.

Not sure why this town gets over looked. Especially during football season when we have 100k plus visitors each home game. Two craft breweries, on which is expanding and a third that is being built and should be online this time next year. This is a very big and growing market. The distributors are losing out on a lot of money by not bringing the best product. So we have people mule for us from out of town or we travel and spend our money elsewhere.

We have the dollars and the people who want to drink good beer. But Hilliard doesn't give a damn about their craft lines and bringing the best product to market here. BEK does a decent job here but is hamstrung because the warehouse is in Houston and the accounts here get the left overs after Houston accounts. Specs has stupid rules and internal policies that hamstring their stores from being able to get and sell high demand product. If a store isn't approved for a beer, then they can't sell it. Even if it's sitting in their store.

Then you see brands like Boulevard, Avery and New Belgium that we get their base line beers but never their best stuff. Avery is getting better. But lips of faith line from NB isn't available here. And no love child for boulevard.

Yea, Baytown has the same problem, difference is instead of 100k visitors for football we get 100k refinery and chemical plant turnaround workers that might have a shiner bock and pass it off as craft beer.
duck79
AG
That should never happen and is not how it is designed to work. Trust me, I got frustrated this week when I saw Alpine sitting on a shelf in Dallas and knew CS hadn't received any. Release items should be in and out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I got frustrated this week when I saw Alpine sitting on a shelf in Dallas and knew CS hadn't received any

Sorry, fellow Ags back in the promised land.
dave99ag
AG
All three Alpine beers are on tap at Falling Rock if you want to join me, La Fours.
La Fours
AG
quote:
All three Alpine beers are on tap at Falling Rock if you want to join me, La Fours.

Sonofbeech.
dave99ag
AG
I should get a spite pint just because, but Temptation says no.
La Fours
AG
I thought we were friends.
dave99ag
AG
I'll bring you back something nice.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I'll bring you back something nice.

First Page Last Page
Page 780 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.