Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,756 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WBDPP has started hitting shelves in Austin.

Hudson2508
AG
How is this beer? Have a co-worker who loves it. Might pick up a bottle to try.
La Fours
AG
quote:
How is this beer? Have a co-worker who loves it. Might pick up a bottle to try.

It is damn good and worth it if you can get one. I just wish it wasn't only in Austin. Not sure if I'll get a bottle this year.
Hudson2508
AG
If you want I'll pick up an extra for you if I get a chance to make it to the store this evening.
AgEng06
AG
Any idea where to find this in Austin?
Hudson2508
AG
Looks like South Lamar Spirits has some, but I'd bet it hits most of the good beer stores today or tomorrow.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks
La Fours
AG
I appreciate the offer, but I'm good. I've reached out to a couple of friends and if they can get one, cool and if not, no big deal.
AggieOO
i'm trying to track some down today, but doesn't look like its hit many of the north austin stores yet.
AgEng06
AG
Same here. If you find some, let us know.

I called the new Total Wine at Lakeline and they don't have it. The guy wasn't sure if they should get any or not.
AggieOO
sucks that its out today b/c i'm in the office. much easier to track stuff down on tuesdays when I work from home.
p-wonk01
AG
I'll be up north of San Francisco Tuesday and Wednesday for work. I do plan to make my required stop at
Russian River in one or both of the evenings. If anyone happens to be around then I'd love you to join.
La Fours
AG
A friend sent this to me today.

Jason_Ag98
AG
If you're planning to drink it fresh I'm pretty sure the Growler Room has it on tap - they had it for months after release last year.
La Fours
AG
Nice. And if you have a good lid and keep it sealed, that growler will age well as long as the person who filled it did a good job.
AggieOO
quote:
Nice. And if you have a good lid and keep it sealed, that growler will age well as long as the person who filled it did a good job.
unfortunately, i've had bad luck with people filling growlers properly. I've had good luck too, but that beer is too expensive to take a risk on. I'd rather buy a bottle or two, as it ages well. I can typically drink it fresh on tap around town.
p-wonk01
AG
Three weeks ago (I'm a bit behind in getting this posted) I was at a conference in Orange County and then had to head to the inland empire for work the following day. I couldn't pass up the chance to stop along the way and try one of my favorite breweries.The Bruery. Some of the nicest bartenders I've run into, and I'd highly recommend anyone making the stop. It's a must stop for any of those that love sours or Belgians. I spent the night working my way through about 4-5 sample trays (not suggested) and was given all the special brews by the bartenders, as they knew I was from TX and chatted them up the entire night. A few of the brewers joined me during their shift to drink a brew and shoot the s. Great time!

Front of Tap House/Part of Brewery

Just one side of the room

Random tasters

Thought the bathroom wall paper was cool

Here are pictures of the tap list. I had more of these then I needed to, and was lucky enough to be given all the specialties (except Hottenroth with peaches)

Jock 07
AG
Quite jealous, still kicking myself in the ass for not stopping in there when I was out in California for 4 months a couple years ago
Hudson2508
AG
Picked up a bottle from WhichCraft on the way home. Pretty expensive so only grabbed one.

Also since I was breaking the bank, got this one as well. Have a weak spot for peach farmhouse ales. Damn it was expensive though.

AgEng06
AG
Nice
Jock 07
AG
Not much actual Brett in this

Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone been to Common Table in Dallas? Heard of this place from my girlfriend...said I'd like the selection.

Took a look today, and wow was she right. Stuff for us here in Dallas that I am not used to seeing all on tap at once.

Scriffer
AG
I love Common Table.

Went there for my birthday this year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Mainly talking about Ninkasi and FBS.

Looks like they updated it since I looked at it last for the North Texas Beer Week.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Common Table is great.

Their breakfast/brunch is awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Which reminds me, what are your favorite beer bars?

Common Table - Dallas
Petrol Station - Houston
Meddlesome Moth - Dallas
Square Burger - McKinney
The Holy Grail - Plano
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well ****, sounds like she was right and I need to get to Common Table. Hoping to eventually make Petrol Station as well.

Mine:
Meddlesome Moth - Dallas
Addison WF beer bar - I love drinking while sitting in the grocery store. Solid bottle and keg rotations.
Kelly's - Allen
Dillon Dam Brewery - Dillon, CO (near Breckenridge, cool little brewpub)
La Fours
AG
Still no Alpine in Brazos County.
jh0400
AG
Houston - The Hay Merchant
Denver - Falling Rock
SFO - Toronado
Manhattan - The Ginger Man
BSD
AG
Houston - Petrol or Hay Merchant
Denver - Falling Rock
SFO - Toronado or City Beer
San Diego - Toronado
Atlanta - Porter
Portland - Horse Brass Pub
Chicago - Sheffields or Hopleaf or Map Room (hard to go wrong with any of those)
Jock 07
AG
Houston- Petrol
Ft Worth- Saucer
Colorado Springs- Brewer's Republic, Front Range BBQ
Denver- Falling Rock, Star Bar, (have heard fresh craft is good but haven't been yet)
dave99ag
AG
So y'all are saying I should visit Falling Rock while in Denver this week?
La Fours
AG
You think you could check your damn email while at Falling Rock? Or while waiting at the airport?

Jock 07
AG
absolutely, when you going to be in town? My wife is up there for a conference at the convention center Thur-Sat and I'm going to go up Fri afternoon. Have 4 slots reserved for the 430 new belgium tour sat afternoon as well.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
You think you could check your damn email while at Falling Rock? Or while waiting at the airport?

Only if they like drunk replies.
First Page Last Page
Page 778 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.