Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,550 Views | 62656 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by swampstander
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
In Vermont visiting family, but it doesn't look like I'm anywhere near Hill Farmstead bottles. Brutal.

What else should I look for?

Vermont is smaller than Hearne. Just drive over to Hill Farmstead.
BSD
AG
Ok. Serious talk here. Bottle share this weekend? I'm 50/50 depending on the time.
Hub05
AG
I will be in town this weekend, so I am good for a bottle or two
La Fours
AG
Damn you guys. I won't be able to make any share this weekend. Have friends visiting that won't want to go.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll be in and should be good to make it over for an hour or two with some bottles after hitting up the GBH tailgate.
BSD
AG
quote:
Damn you guys. I won't be able to make any share this weekend. Have friends visiting that won't want to go.

*****them. Get real friends.
NColoradoAG
I've got friends coming in so I don't think I will host anything major. People are welcome to pop by and we'll open stuff, but I don't want to commit to any time. We probably won't do stepoff since the quad is wrecked, but we may pop over to SEC Nation or some other tailgates.

We are tailgating these days on the Kimbrogh side of Lot E about halfway between the north entrance to Lot E and Penberthy. It's about 100 yards west of Pwonk's tailgate if you've ever been to his.

I also don't have a ton of stuff down there right now. I think I have Bruery Blue BBLS, Port Black Tuesday, and a Crooked Stave Batch 100. I'll have those all on ice. I think most of you have my number so you can text me. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the digits.
Jock 07
AG
Better be, this is the only game I'm gonna make this year
Jock 07
AG
Well damn, guess I picked the wrong game this year.
Scriffer
AG
Struck out on Hill Farmstead, but hit on a lot of Crooked Stave and other locals.
jah003
S
quote:
I've got friends coming in so I don't think I will host anything major. People are welcome to pop by and we'll open stuff, but I don't want to commit to any time. We probably won't do stepoff since the quad is wrecked, but we may pop over to SEC Nation or some other tailgates.

We are tailgating these days on the Kimbrogh side of Lot E about halfway between the north entrance to Lot E and Penberthy. It's about 100 yards west of Pwonk's tailgate if you've ever been to his.

I also don't have a ton of stuff down there right now. I think I have Bruery Blue BBLS, Port Black Tuesday, and a Crooked Stave Batch 100. I'll have those all on ice. I think most of you have my number so you can text me. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the digits.
I'll swing by for a bit and drop off your Aurelian. Also will bring a Vanilla Rye to share, cause... Bama.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I'll swing by for a bit and drop off your Aurelian. Also will bring a Vanilla Rye to share, cause... Bama.
BSD
AG
This gon be good.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Well sh$&. I may drop by after all.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Could I swing by too? I can bring a 'tion
And speaking of vanilla rye, anyone else put in for rare day?
maca1028
Question for some of you guys that follow this more than I do, would Aurelian pull a Mexican cake variant or would I need to add on my end?
La Fours
AG
Whatever came of Zwanze Day at JK? Have they announced anything? I'm guessing there are still TABC issues at hand, probably some label approval stuff?
txag2008
AG
Looks like Anheuser-Busch InBev is further investing in the bottled water market by acquiring SABMiller.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/13/investing/ab-inbev-sabmiller-beer-merger/
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Could I swing by too? I can bring a 'tion
And speaking of vanilla rye, anyone else put in for rare day?
Every day last week! Hopefully a couple in our crew up here get lucky so the four of us can go.

Feel free to drop by whenever on Saturday.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Looks like Anheuser-Busch InBev is further investing in the bottled water market by acquiring SABMiller.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/13/investing/ab-inbev-sabmiller-beer-merger/

So does that mean that the big 3 (Bud, Miller, Coors) would all be owned by the same parent company?
La Fours
AG
That's the international brand for Miller. Not the state side miller/coors. That will be a separate company.
jah003
S
quote:
Whatever came of Zwanze Day at JK? Have they announced anything? I'm guessing there are still TABC issues at hand, probably some label approval stuff?

Ask and ye shall receive...
NColoradoAG
I think the inbev/miller coors thing has a long way to go. There's no way that goes through as is. They will have to divest a lot of properties like Corona.

A friend and I were talking about how interesting it would be if the Coors family bought back the Coors brand.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Ask and ye shall receive...
could someone summarize for me? Beer websites are blocked at work.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Here it is:

quote:
Here's an update on 2015 Zwanze Day at Jester King. We're still waiting on Cantillon licensing in Texas, and unfortunately it doesn't appear it will happen in time to have Zwanze Day this month. We're anticipating it will be in November, and will announce a date as soon as we can.
jetch17
AG
Congrats Jock
Jock 07
AG
Thanks man, we're excited. Just had our 12 week ultrasound today and everything is looking good. Plan on popping something good tomorrow after I get my damn PT test out of the way.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Question for some of you guys that follow this more than I do, would Aurelian pull a Mexican cake variant or would I need to add on my end?

Honestly... Not even close. Would have to add at least another Aurelian and maybe something else as well.
maca1028
Thanks Bmac, I've been quiet on the trading for a while, figured I'd ask the pros before throwing a trade prop out there.
Bmac04
AG
Wait a little bit and they will start to come back to earth. I have posted for the 2015 set a few times but people are asking for a ridiculous haul in return. Once the next flavor of the week comes around I would think you could at least get the Bourbon one for 2 JK fruits.
EFE
AG
All you northerners probably find this mundane and not worth noting... But I found out tonite that Karbach is finally going to be a staple in the RGV and south Texa$. I has a happy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
All you northerners probably find this mundane and not worth noting... But I found out tonite that Karbach is finally going to be a staple in the RGV and south Texa$. I has a happy.

Not mundane to me, the cans are finally available in DFW! Great year for Karbach.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:

Not mundane to me, the cans are finally available in DFW! Great year for Karbach.

West Texas and Panhandle will be next (after Corpus and RGV) and will round out the state over the next year or two.

I also heard a couple days ago that a regular (non-vanilla) BBH will be coming out next month. I thought this was the best batch of BBH yet when I tasted it before the added vanilla, so I'm pretty pumped to get to cellar some after all.
Jock 07
AG
No dice here for Rare Day.
NColoradoAG
quote:
No dice here for Rare Day.

Same here. I think it was a real long shot. Probably not a ton of tickets. On the bright side, GI staff I talked to at GABF said Rare would be in colorado.
First Page Last Page
Page 763 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.