Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,231 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How's the line now? Any Aurelian left? I should be out there in an hour.
jah003
S
quote:
How's the line now? Any Aurelian left? I should be out there in an hour.

Not there... But I'm gonna go manageable and plenty left. Be out there about the same time.
wessimo
AG
When I was there it was $10 for 32Oz and $21 for 64oz. Did they fix the pricing to make 64oz cheaper??
BSD
AG
Got my bottles and left in 2 minutes. Time for dinner in San marcos. No time for love, Dr. Jones!
jh0400
AG
I'm drinking the melon Dichotomous. It's like a cantaloupe gose. Not my favorite JK but not bad.
maca1028
We left out earlier than expected, friends got in town early, my buddy had 4 glasses of Rebecca Creek at lunch, his wife ain't happy, dinner outta be interesting.
maca1028
Oh, and Aurelian b3 is the best one yet IMO
Hudson2508
AG
Went to Specs today and grabbed some Founder's Breakfast Stout. Never had it before so got two 4 packs. Probably a great beer to let age a little.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Drink it fresh!
BSD
AG
quote:
We left out earlier than expected, friends got in town early, my buddy had 4 glasses of Rebecca Creek at lunch, his wife ain't happy, dinner outta be interesting.

We did look for you but didn't see you behind the tent so we bailed. I really wanted to stay to have an Aurelian on draft but just didn't have the time. Therefore one is in the fridge here in San Marcos cooling off for later.
maca1028
We're not to far from you in Wimberley
jh0400
AG
quote:
Got my bottles and left in 2 minutes. Time for dinner in San marcos. No time for love, Dr. Jones!

Got an extra?
jetch17
AG
Jason_Ag98
AG
Had one of those last night - I like this batch quite a bit.
jetch17
AG
Yeah not bad, I always like the enjoy bys
ChipFTAC01
AG
Didn't know a new one was out. Need to grab some
maca1028
Thanks jah, nice meeting you and your family!
Scriffer
AG
Big Velvet Hammer
FQ Temptress
O'Dell Brazzle

See y'all on the other side.
army01
AG
Awesome! Where'd you find that?
army01
AG
Also...****ing Tiger Beer is about the only damn beer I can find in Singapore, and it's getting old really fast.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

Got an extra?

Trade ya for a Westy!
jetch17
AG
Brash Cali-green

BSD
AG
I tried to win this at an auction tonight for a future bottle share but someone went full retard. Sold at $300.

dixie whiskey
AG
buffalo bayou pumpkin spice latte tonight. bought 3 of these a week or so ago, glad I'm not regretting that. this **** is pretty good. hopefully this becomes an annual thing.

drank the prairie 3rd anniversary over the weekend, the raspberries are a nice touch.

seeing evil twin pop up here is kinda nice too. so far picked up yin, yang, hipster ale, and soft dk because a baby **** beer enticed me. making yin and yang black and tan was worth it, was surprisingly likely the best black and tan I've had, not that it's a regular thing. damn thing didn't layer though
Chipotlemonger
AG
So is Prairie 3rd anniversary worth a purchase? Sounds like it so far. Just curious. My damn home supply is busting at the seams.
Jock 07
AG
It appears that weldwerks is pouring down here for the all Colorado beer fest next month
dixie whiskey
AG
I'd say so. it's not a sour, which is apparently disappointing to some who were hoping for one. I'd have been on board for that too, but it's still a pretty unique6 and tasty beer. the raspberries are a really nice addition. if you like prairie's farmhouse stuff it's probably a safe bet. reminded me a bit of eli5abeth (probably just because I'd drank one recently) but improved upon
jetch17
AG
D&Q had 3 liters of anniv last week
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would agree with Dixie on the 3rd Anniversary Ale. It's a solid Prairie offering, but I did think it could have shined a little bit more if the raspberries came through a tad tarter. It is a bit more on the sweet side, but not in an overwhelming way like Rubaeus is from Founders. I had a glass at Meddlesome Moth, and I think I will pass on buying a full bottle of it at this point. Worth a try though if you like Prairie's standard farmhouse ale offerings.
BSD
AG
quote:

And you didn't buy one for a bottle share that you never go to?
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

And you didn't buy one for a bottle share that you never go to?
NoneGiven
AG

Anyone have experience with these wineskins for shipping/packing in checked luggage? http://www.amazon.com/WineSkin-Bottle-Transport-6-Pack-7800175/dp/B007DZTZBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1444662225&sr=8-3&keywords=wine+shipping

Seems like a reasonably compact method to bring along for unplanned bottle purchases.

Scriffer
AG
In Vermont visiting family, but it doesn't look like I'm anywhere near Hill Farmstead bottles. Brutal.

What else should I look for?
jh0400
AG
Heady Topper?
La Fours
AG
I've heard good things about Lawson's Finest Liquids.
First Page Last Page
Page 762 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.