Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,595 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by La Fours
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I heard there was only like 150 or so emails sent out for Rare Day, so it was pretty limited.

I've never had any of the Rare's before, but is it really worth the crazy price they sell those bottles for? They always sound amazing, but it just seems like a lot to pay for that size bottle even though I know a lot of time and expensive components go into making it. Not trying to price bash here or anything, just wondering how it holds up to the cost for those who have tried versions in the past.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
No dice here for Rare Day.

Same here. I think it was a real long shot. Probably not a ton of tickets. On the bright side, GI staff I talked to at GABF said Rare would be in colorado.
well that's somewhat reassuring. Hope it shows up down here in the springs. I know last year we didn't get coffee or BW. Supposedly InBev is doing the distribution down here now or something along those lines so hopefully that helps with getting the variants down here.
Can't speak to it being worth the price or not as I've never had any, hell GABF was the first time I've ever had vanilla and that **** was amazing.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I heard there was only like 150 or so emails sent out for Rare Day, so it was pretty limited.

I've never had any of the Rare's before, but is it really worth the crazy price they sell those bottles for? They always sound amazing, but it just seems like a lot to pay for that size bottle even though I know a lot of time and expensive components go into making it. Not trying to price bash here or anything, just wondering how it holds up to the cost for those who have tried versions in the past.

I've had it a few times over the past three years. It was pretty amazing when I first had it, but it's a pretty old beer at this point. Still good but not worth the price tag to acquire one. We had it blind against 2009 bcbs about a year ago and the verdict was split.

The new one was poured for media at an event in Denver during GABF and I heard it was fantastic. I will not bat an eye if I have a chance to buy a bottle or two at the $50-60 price tag for the new one.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
No dice here for Rare Day.

Same here. I think it was a real long shot. Probably not a ton of tickets. On the bright side, GI staff I talked to at GABF said Rare would be in colorado.
well that's somewhat reassuring. Hope it shows up down here in the springs. I know last year we didn't get coffee or BW. Supposedly InBev is doing the distribution down here now or something along those lines so hopefully that helps with getting the variants down here.
Can't speak to it being worth the price or not as I've never had any, hell GABF was the first time I've ever had vanilla and that **** was amazing.

I have heard from multiple people in the industry and distribution that we will get the entire lineup (sans Proprietors of course) in decent quantity this year.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome. Appreciate the insight! Knowing the time and cost put into making it, I probably would want to pull the trigger if I ever had the chance, but it's good to know that it is most likely worth it.
Jock 07
AG
sweet
NColoradoAG
quote:
sweet

Should be a fun black Friday. Hopefully greeley doesn't get the snub
Jock 07
AG
Yes it should, you doing the Casey Membership?
NColoradoAG
quote:

I'm already a member
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
All you northerners probably find this mundane and not worth noting... But I found out tonite that Karbach is finally going to be a staple in the RGV and south Texa$. I has a happy.

Not mundane to me, the cans are finally available in DFW! Great year for Karbach.

West Texas and Panhandle will be next (after Corpus and RGV) and will round out the state over the next year or two.

I also heard a couple days ago that a regular (non-vanilla) BBH will be coming out next month. I thought this was the best batch of BBH yet when I tasted it before the added vanilla, so I'm pretty pumped to get to cellar some after all.

Awesome. This will be for bombers or just kegs?

Because I don't go to bars nearly as frequently as I used to, I forget how much I love BBH.
Hudson2508
AG
So question for Black Friday? Would a lot of craft beer stores in Texas get it and if so do you just need to be in the right place at the right time or is it widely available on that day?
cpscAG06
AG
Hudson,

A good amount of stores in DFW get BCBS/BCBCS/BCBW and only some get the proprietor variants (BCBS Vanilla Rye for example from last year).

As far as availability, the Rye variant will go pretty quickly, if it was anything like last year. The other variants should linger for a few hours.

I hope that helps.
Kyle98
AG
Totally wrong thread
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks cpsc.

Just wondering if it's worth planning for or if it's a ****show. Sounds like it may be doable.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm already a member
I didn't realize there was already a membership program. Just saw today they're selling more memberships I guess
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Bottles. There've already been a lot of kegs we've been using of BBH on premise at the brewery so actually it also wouldn't surprise me if this was a new batch. We have a lot of Bourbon barrels full right now.

Also, the "Trigave" Belgian Tripel aged in former Chardonnay-Tequila barrels was taken out of barrels on Monday so F.U.N. 012 shouldn't be far off now.
Jock 07
AG
Flying into IAH tomorrow, is brash open tomorrow or Friday?
maca1028
Opens to the public tomorrow at 7, per their Twitter account
Jock 07
AG
Sweet might have to swing by, is anyone else planning on going?

Got the PT test out of the way and have a healthy kid coming on, time to celebrate. Best damn kriek I've ever had.

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm already a member
I didn't realize there was already a membership program. Just saw today they're selling more memberships I guess

This past year was the first year. There's about 75 of us. You had to sign up in person last fall at the first few releases. Basically before the hype train got rolling and dumb ****s started showing up 24 hours early, camping, and going full whaelzbro these Caseys trade for 2x loons brah
jh0400
AG
Is there a line to get into Crooked Stave on Saturdays?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Is there a line to get into Crooked Stave on Saturdays?

It's been quite awhile since I've been but it's usually not that bad. Also, it's in the source which is an old big warehouse so there shouldn't be any issue getting in
Jock 07
AG
So where is brash? Think I might try and make a trip this evening
maca1028
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&sll=29.8281224,-95.4061242&sspn=0.0002136,0.0003283&q=brash+brewing&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D
BSD
AG
apparently Jester King is hosting a Funk 'n Sour Fest later this month on a night that I'm in town. Sucks for me. I can't drink that much to make it worthwhile. But my buddy from HS opened a restaurant last year so I'll go visit him. small victories...

But you guys should totally go.
jah003
S
quote:
apparently Jester King is hosting a Funk 'n Sour Fest later this month on a night that I'm in town. Sucks for me. I can't drink that much to make it worthwhile. But my buddy from HS opened a restaurant last year so I'll go visit him. small victories...

But you guys should totally go.

I thought about it, but $85 is too steep for me... That'd be $170 to bring my wife along, plus baby sitting costs. Really wish they'd go back to the old method of Funk 'n Sour. Plus... I'm saving my cash for Zwanze Day.
BSD
AG
quote:
I'm saving my cash for Zwanze Day.
When I saw an event on Oct 29, and knowing that I'd be in the area, I really was hoping it was Z-day. Balls...
jh0400
AG
Thanks. My plan is to be there right at noon, so hopefully we can get in and out fairly easily.
La Fours
AG
Alpine bottles have reached Texas finally. I just wish a distributor in Brazos County would pick them up so we could get there beer here. Saw on facebook that LoneStar beverages in Carrollton has Duet, Hoppy Birthday and Nelson.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Alpine bottles have reached Texas finally. I just wish a distributor in Brazos County would pick them up so we could get there beer here. Saw on facebook that LoneStar beverages in Carrollton has Duet, Hoppy Birthday and Nelson.
Not cool, we didn't get Nelson in CO
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Not cool, we didn't get Nelson in CO
Well boo-fu#$ing-hoo. I don't want to hear s#%t about what you don't get in CO.

NColoradoAG
quote:
Thanks. My plan is to be there right at noon, so hopefully we can get in and out fairly easily.

You'll be fine. The skinny jean hipster d bags don't get up that early. It'll just be the the thirty something cling to their youth type couples at that hour.
jh0400
AG
quote:
It'll just be the the thirty something cling to their youth type couples at that hour.

Cool. We'll fit right in.
BSD
AG
I just put in for the Black Tuesday lottery. Not that I need another bottle but I can't help myself when it comes to lottery entering.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Had Bomb! for the first time last night.

Enjoyed it, but I think I've enjoyed a couple of their other offerings more. Maybe it was just one of those kind of nights.

- Prairie Apple Brandy Barrel Noir
- Prairie Bible Belt Stout

I have Pirate Noir in the fridge, where does everyone rank these four beers, 1 being the best one, 4 being the "worst?"
First Page Last Page
Page 764 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.