Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,226 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by swampstander
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This stuff is so damn good
docaggie
AG
I had a gastric sleeve done, late February.
While all surgeons vary in their recommendations regarding alcohol after this kind of surgery, mine says a year abstaining.
So, I'm going to be a good patient and follow directions. Which means y'all have seven more months of me lurking about in here.
In the meantime, my wife accuses me of having a beer collecting problem. Since I'm more into porters, stouts, and Belgians, they'll be only getting better (theoretically) as they wait for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
In Banff for a long weekend and been sampling the local fare. Had several different beers from Big Rock out of Calgary but their Traditional Ale is fantastic. Their IPA is good as well.

A Canadian friend on Facebook saw I was there and said I had to have a Kokanee. Turns out its the Budweiser of Western Canada.

4 more days until I get some Pliny.
army01
AG
Any CS Ags need any DFW only stuff? I'll be in town for school Aug 2-7 and can bring a few 12 or 22 oz friends if anyone is interested.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Going to be in NY with a free night on Thursday,staying downtown-ish. Any recommendations for a good dinner and bar?

Ate and drank well at cannibal. 29th and 4th.
WorkBoots09
AG
The brewers at Division Brewing in Arlington invited me and my wife over for a small tasting party at their house this past weekend. Aside from a bunch of their stuff (which was great, btw), the head brewer recently brought back a few bottles of Pliny the Elder to share. Y'all weren't kidding, that's some tasty stuff right there. I wrote a post on my homebrewing blog if y'all are interested:

Beer Tasting with Arlington's newest brewery, Division Brewing
jah003
S
Well... Here we go. Atrial being released starting this Friday. 1 per day and 2500 bottles. Nothing better than a hoard of hot, sweaty, neck beards...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Hopefully it's still around next Sunday. Can't make it up there this week.
jh0400
AG
Looks like I'm going to miss it again. I was hoping they'd do it next month since I'll be in Austin on 8/29.
jah003
S
quote:
Hopefully it's still around next Sunday. Can't make it up there this week.

I'm pretty confident it won't last past this weekend. I see it selling out sometime on Sunday...
La Fours
AG
quote:
I had a gastric sleeve done, late February.
While all surgeons vary in their recommendations regarding alcohol after this kind of surgery, mine says a year abstaining.
So, I'm going to be a good patient and follow directions. Which means y'all have seven more months of me lurking about in here.
In the meantime, my wife accuses me of having a beer collecting problem. Since I'm more into porters, stouts, and Belgians, they'll be only getting better (theoretically) as they wait for me.
Good luck. Keep up the good work of no drinking. Then once you are a year clear, we can have a celebration night on the thread.
La Fours
AG
I don't need anything from DFW, can't even think of anything out right now that I may even want. But I would like to buy you a beer if you have a free hour or two one night. I owe you that much after last time you came to town.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think it lasted a few weekends last year. I thought the same about Nocturn and it just finally sold out a few weeks ago. Maybe I can get somebody to swing by for me.
maca1028
I was hoping they'd do 2 per, I can't justify going up there and back in a day for one bottle. 2 bottles per with a friend for muling purposes you'd bet your ass I'd be up there if it lasted through this weekend.
cc10106
Nocturn had a 6k bottle count, but MVB was 3k if i remember right and lasted until the following Friday after the release. I doubt that happens with Atrial. Sucks but I don't mind them using more of the base beer for Fen Tao this time. Everyone should have a shot at that one.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So then I definitely need somebody to go out there for me. Damn. Couldn't they have just waited one more weekend?
BSD
AG
quote:
I was hoping they'd do 2 per, I can't justify going up there and back in a day for one bottle. 2 bottles per with a friend for muling purposes you'd bet your ass I'd be up there if it lasted through this weekend.
yep. Count me out for the same reasons.
SecoKid
AG
So is anyone going to JK then? I'll be heading there on Saturday.
BSD
AG
It looks like a new beer bar is being built in Deep Ellum. A friend I went to HS with (and haven't seen since then) seems to be one of the owners.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-21-15-dots-deep-ellum-craft-beer-garden/
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Last night in Paris. Drinking a Cantillon Iris after stumbling into a random bottle shop here.
jah003
S
quote:

I'm debating it, but lolpoor right now... Anyone want to fund my pizza/tastings for a bottle or two of Atrial?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Trying to find time to get out there. I live here, but it's still about an hour drive for me.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm debating it, but lolpoor right now... Anyone want to fund my pizza/tastings for a bottle or two of Atrial?
First BBQ and now this? You fatty! (seriously, how did the BBQ hold up? wish I could have gotten you more)

BSD
AG
quote:
Last night in Paris. Drinking a Cantillon Iris after stumbling into a random bottle shop here.
Baller!

Bring me back something from Le Maison de la Truffe!
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

First BBQ and now this? You fatty! (seriously, how did the BBQ hold up? wish I could have gotten you more)

Very well actually. I usually don't order the lean when we go, but I enjoyed it. Only BBQ sauce in the fridge was Stubbs, though... Felt kinda weird using it.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

How much are we talking?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
Trying to find time to get out there. I live here, but it's still about an hour drive for me.
I envy my parents so much... They live at the end of Mopac, really close to JK.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

How much are we talking?

I usually blow through $40 or so in addition to bottles when I go...
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How much are we talking?

I usually blow through $40 or so in addition to bottles when I go...

If you can get two extra I'll do that.
jah003
S
Shoot me an email when you get a chance... It's my username at shsu dot edu
jh0400
AG
quote:
Shoot me an email when you get a chance... It's my username at shsu dot edu

Sent.
Hub05
AG
We officially owe a bank a lot of money for a permanent storage location for my beer fridge. Celebrating the new house with my wifes favorite beer.

DallasAggie2012
AG
Congrats on the permanent beer storage man! And I guess the house as well.
Hudson2508
AG
Was it Cave de bulles? That place was amazing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Badass
First Page Last Page
Page 724 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.