Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,710,268 Views | 62701 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It recently placed 4/7 in a blind tasting. Not bad but not tip tier.
I head out of town for the weekend and this thread gets a little chippy.
NColoradoAG
Ok I'll get back on track after derailing the **** out of this thread. Played hooky today to watch The Open final round. Coffee Bender courtesy of Jah003.

https://instagr.am/p/5XIe-rx-M2
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
54 plinys for personal consumption? 4 a week is almost 14 weeks.. And that's too old

I still have my 2 supplications and 2 sanctifications from my visit there last Easter haha.

Who the f only drinks 4 beers a week? BSD not included.

who the f drinks the same damn beer twice a day 27 days in a row? Sounds like something a bud light drinker does.
big-ag
AG
Going to be in Boulder for a few days next week.

Advice on bottle shops, bars, and breweries welcome. Always looking to find what I can't get here in Dallas.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
54 plinys for personal consumption? 4 a week is almost 14 weeks.. And that's too old

I still have my 2 supplications and 2 sanctifications from my visit there last Easter haha.

Here.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Going to be in Boulder for a few days next week.

Advice on bottle shops, bars, and breweries welcome. Always looking to find what I can't get here in Dallas.

Hazels and LiquorMart are the best shops. Backcountry Pizza has great taps, bottles, and food. Don't miss that spot. BRU also has good food and beer. Mountain Sun is a good spot with a hippy vibe. Cash only, well made beers and good overall food. The Kitchen has the best overall food and the beer list is good as well.

Within the boulder city limits my favorites are Upslope, Wild Woods, and Fate. Fate has a full kitchen.

I haven't been to the new Avery spot yet, but have heard nothing but good things. It's ten minutes north of boulder in the Gunbarrel area.

There's also a ton of great spots within a 20 minute drive. Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel and Homemade Liquids and Solids in Longmont. Odd 13 and 4 noses in the Louisville/west Broomfield area.

My favorite brewpub in the state is in Lafayette: The Post Restaurant and Brewing. The fried chicken is the best I've ever had, along with all the sides. The beer has also really come along. I can't recommend that place enough.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
It recently placed 4/7 in a blind tasting. Not bad but not tip tier.
My bad, I missed the part where jah said that the list he provided was in ranking order.
La Fours
AG
Maybe not 27 consecutive days, but I almost never just drink 1 beer. And usually it is 2 or 3 of the same one for the night.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Maybe not 27 consecutive days, but I almost never just drink 1 beer. And usually it is 2 or 3 of the same one for the night.

Agreed. I challenge anyone to drink 2 of the same beer for 27 days. It'll get boring.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I challenge anyone to drink 2 of the same beer for 27 days. It'll get boring.
I don't think he is drinking 2 Pliny's a day. I think there were 2 people involved, so that was one Pliny a day for 27 days to do with as steve00 sees fit. I'm sure BSD would agree that steve00 should use at least 3 of those for reasons other than consumption (i.e. put his dick in).
jah003
S
quote:
Ok I'll get back on track after derailing the **** out of this thread. Played hooky today to watch The Open final round. Coffee Bender courtesy of Jah003.

https://instagr.am/p/5XIe-rx-M2

I approve of this... Currently watching the Open sans beer.
jah003
S
Also... I heart this thread so much right now.
jh0400
AG
Do they sell beer at BV Bombers games? My wife wants to make a day trip to CS on Saturday, and I'd rather go to a baseball game than worry about finding somewhere to have dinner if I can.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

who the f drinks the same damn beer twice a day 27 days in a row? Sounds like something a bud light drinker does.

I would if it was Pliny. and if I could drink. ****, I've had 2 Pliny's a day for a week or two after bringing some back from my vacations. You know what, I'd ****ing do it again. Over and over and over (insert "just like your mom" jokes here). It's a damn good beer and I love IPAs. If it's not something you don't like, I don't give a flying ****. Some of you like some ****ty ass beer (in my eyes) and I have never once commented on it. Why? Because who the F cares what other people's personal preferences are? Grow up, people and show a little respect. Seriously. Besides, how do you know what else he is drinking or what his thought process is. Talking down to someone like this makes a person look retarded. Jesus titty ****ing Christ, this whole conversation is the dumbest ****ing **** I've read on this thread. OK, second dumbest.

You may be asking yourself, "who pissed in BSD's Cheerios?" Well, this is a pretty good group on here. I've seen a ton of generosity from guys who ask nothing in return. Yes, this isn't BA, as someone mentioned, and we can speak freely but we are also a much more classy and educated group of guys. Let's keep it that way. Show some respect.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here.

Why you wanna slap me in the face like that? You have your health, use it.
Jock 07
AG
Who pissed in BSD's Cheerios?
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here.

Why you wanna slap me in the face like that? You have your health, use it.

Getting good beer has become more effort than I want to put in at the moment, and when single bottles of beer that I would like to try start getting up in the price range of good wine or single malt on the secondary market, I'm drinking wine or scotch.
BSD
AG
quote:
Who pissed in BSD's Cheerios?

It's a really bad day at work.

Sorry for yelling.

steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think he is drinking 2 Pliny's a day. I think there were 2 people involved, so that was one Pliny a day for 27 days to do with as steve00 sees fit. I'm sure BSD would agree that steve00 should use at least 3 of those for reasons other than consumption (i.e. put his dick in).

I don't see any way that I would get bored with starting my night off with a Pliny for a month, considering I really like Pliny. If I lived closer to Toronado I'd go there for a HH Pliny every day. There is plenty of time each night to move on to other beers, wine, cocktails or whiskey.

For those concerned about my beers going stale, I am currently down 6 Pliny and 5 Blind Pig (way ahead of the board approved 4 per week schedule) mostly from hotel beers. I got sidetracked yesterday waiting for them to cool down after I got home and had to settle for some Sculpins.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would if it was Pliny. and if I could drink. ****, I've had 2 Pliny's a day for a week or two after bringing some back from my vacations. You know what, I'd ****ing do it again. Over and over and over (insert "just like your mom" jokes here). It's a damn good beer and I love IPAs. If it's not something you don't like, I don't give a flying ****. Some of you like some ****ty ass beer (in my eyes) and I have never once commented on it. Why? Because who the F cares what other people's personal preferences are? Grow up, people and show a little respect. Seriously. Besides, how do you know what else he is drinking or what his thought process is. Talking down to someone like this makes a person look retarded. Jesus titty ****ing Christ, this whole conversation is the dumbest ****ing **** I've read on this thread. OK, second dumbest.

You may be asking yourself, "who pissed in BSD's Cheerios?" Well, this is a pretty good group on here. I've seen a ton of generosity from guys who ask nothing in return. Yes, this isn't BA, as someone mentioned, and we can speak freely but we are also a much more classy and educated group of guys. Let's keep it that way. Show some respect.

I wrote some stuff and then deleted it because I'm done with that bull****.

Cheers

BSD
AG
quote:
I wrote some stuff and then deleted it because I'm done with that bull****.

Cheers
Let it be known that you had already dropped the conversation and I was fine with that. But this issue was getting brought up again, and it seemed like it could go on perpetually, so I wanted to make my stance clear, with A LOT of hyperbole for the sake of emphasis so we could halt this type of thread direction in its tracks. Also, the generosity comment was written particularly with you in mind. You, sir, are good people. As are most everyone else on this thread.
maca1028
Speaking of the generosity of this group

Thanks to thebeerandi I'll be enjoying these tonight
Hugo Stiglitzz
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/5XdevLx-N2
NoneGiven
AG
I supported the evil empire today and picked up a bottle of Halia and Madame Rose

To atone for this sin I also got some Bockslider. First time I've seen it in Austin
docaggie
AG
With all the gose beers on this thread, here's a question:
Do they age well? Or even tolerably?
I want to try some of these as they crop up for sale, but don't want to if they're going to be turds by the time I can get around to drinking them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NColoradoAG
quote:
With all the gose beers on this thread, here's a question:
Do they age well? Or even tolerably?
I want to try some of these as they crop up for sale, but don't want to if they're going to be turds by the time I can get around to drinking them.

3-6 months is fine.
La Fours
AG
I believe it was you who mentioned before about not having had a beer in 7 months. If you don't mind sharing, what's keeping you from drinking at the moment?
La Fours
AG
Drank a Desthil Lynnwood last night. That was pretty good. No pic because I'm lazy.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Drank a Desthil Lynnwood last night. That was pretty good. No pic because I'm lazy.

It's my favorite of the Wild Sours series.
maca1028
Apparently crowlers at Nobis are no more, that we short lived.
Scriffer
AG
Going to be in NY with a free night on Thursday,staying downtown-ish. Any recommendations for a good dinner and bar?
jh0400
AG
quote:
Going to be in NY with a free night on Thursday,staying downtown-ish. Any recommendations for a good dinner and bar?

The Ginger Man on 36th has some good stuff. They get some sours from the Brewery at Bachus that are pretty good and also had a Hill Farmstead on tap when I was there.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
A/C is out and I ran out of bottled water so this'll have to do. Found it in the back of the fridge as a beer for guests with poor taste buds. Decent substitute for water though.

Quincey P. Morris
AG

I really love this stuff.

I've got several of these so if anybody wants to trade I'm game.
First Page Last Page
Page 723 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.