Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,196 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Soooo... Any Italian beers worth a damn?

LoverBeer makes some decent saisons and wild ales.

Had this cherry sour from Birrificio del Ducato on tap at Cottonwood a few weeks ago and liked it a lot.
La Luna Rossa
http://www.birrificiodelducato.net/en/content/la-luna-rossa-2/

Haven't had many other Italian craft beers worth remembering but supposedly there are some out there
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Having an Upright Brewing White Truffle Gose this afternoon. Not bad, but I think I liked the Destihl Gose better. Or even the one from New Braunfels. Seems like this style is like a farmhouse, it varies so damn much from beer to beer.

Also, how TF do you pronounce Gose. I've heard everything from Goes, to Goose, to Go-suh. I assumed it was like Ghost, but without the "t" on the end.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm headed to Banff next week. It looks like there is a brewry in Banff. Anyone had any of their beers?

The following weekend we're gonna be in Sonoma. Gonna hit up Russian River. La Fours has already told me which beers I need to have other than Pliny. Pretty pumped about finally having some.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I'm headed to Banff next week. It looks like there is a brewry in Banff. Anyone had any of their beers?

The following weekend we're gonna be in Sonoma. Gonna hit up Russian River. La Fours has already told me which beers I need to have other than Pliny. Pretty pumped about finally having some.

If you've never been to RRBC you should do the full sampler.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Will do
BSD
AG
Like JH said, do the full sampler and then get pints of what you like best. And get the reserve bottle of the day if they are still doing that.
Whoop04
quote:

Also, how TF do you pronounce Gose. I've heard everything from Goes, to Goose, to Go-suh. I assumed it was like Ghost, but without the "t" on the end.

My understanding is that it's pronounced go-suh
62strat
AG
I think it's go-za

Like rose with a short a.

Also to the Russian river visitor guy above, a full sampler is 18 2or 3 ouncers. I wouldn't plan on having too much after that if you're driving.
And dont speed on that highway back south to the bay. I got pulled over. Luckily I only did half sampler, but had a six pack of sours on my floorboard. Thank god I Had a hoodie and a er shirt I just bought, and draped it over them before he walked up to my window. I was shakin in my boots a bit I tell ya.
Jock 07
AG
Drinking an Avery twenty two tonight. Not impressed.
ETA: it gets better as it warms up but I probably wouldn't buy it again.
maca1028
Enjoying a few at cascade.

My son...not so much
Geriatric Punk
AG
Anchor's Brother Steam at Mishawaka.
SecoKid
AG
I just split the sampler at RRBC with my wife a few hours ago, and was OK to drive over to Yountville after. Really wanted to get another Pliny, but knew i needed to drive. Couldn't believe the line to get in. Expect a long wait. My favorites were Pliny, the ESB, perdition, and benediction.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I will likely be repeating this scene with my son in a couple of weeks!
cc10106

Yessir.

Good times at Nobi yesterday for their grand re-opening party. The expansion was a big upgradyedd.
jah003
S
He's got that sad yell leader kid face down...
maca1028
Ha, yea he does.
maca1028
quote:

Yessir.

Good times at Nobi yesterday for their grand re-opening party. The expansion was a big upgradyedd.

How was the petit blueberry? I picked up a bottle of it the other day
maca1028
Both my kids rolled their eyes when we walked in...
"Not another beer place"
They've been troopers this week with all my beer shopping
cc10106
Good stuff. More tart than sour, and it improved a lot after it warmed up.
62strat
AG
I just popped the almanac farmer's blueberry. It was very refreshing. Perfect sour level as per usual with almanac.
NoneGiven
AG
Any good beer stores/bars in Chicago near the Magnificent Mile?
dixie whiskey
AG
picked up a 6er of revolver sidewinder the other day at specs for $3.70. no idea why it was so cheap, maybe they were done carrying it or maybe it's old as **** as I didn't notice a bottling date. I was surprised how much I liked it, an apa with agave, citrus, maize, and spices so says the bottle. of course it was the last 6er though. it's not ground breaking or anything but it's a refreshing summer brew.
dave99ag
AG
Cracked open a bottle of our wedding beer for our 2nd anniversary this evening. The pale ale still has some good flavor and fully carbed. I had about a case left over, so we plan on cracking one every year until they're gone.
La Fours
AG
Happy anniversary Dave and Shannon.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a great deal. Not a bad beer!
jah003
S
My New Glarus stash is dwindling way too fast...

Scriffer
AG
Didn't put that on the cedar sale.
jah003
S
quote:

I have no wood for sale...

My WI/MN haul was essentially commissioned by people in my beer club (and Adam). I took a beer out of every 4/6 pack as my "cut". Sadly, this was my only Scream...
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I have no wood for sale...

My WI/MN haul was essentially commissioned by people in my beer club (and Adam). I took a beer out of every 4/6 pack as my "cut". Sadly, this was my only Scream...
That was a large box of beer that you sent. I didn't send as much. I went quality over quantity. One of the bottles you must drink all by yourself. You'll know which one I'm talking about on Friday.
Scriffer
AG
Jah's box o goodies arrived, plus a couple bonus bottles. Much appreciated
army01
AG
So...any truth to these rumors that Andrews will be distributing Cascade in North Texas in the near future?
army01
AG
Where is the best place around SeaWorld to grab some bottles/cans for the hotel?
jah003
S
quote:
Jah's box o goodies arrived, plus a couple bonus bottles. Much appreciated

Glad everything made it safely!
jah003
S
quote:
That was a large box of beer that you sent. I didn't send as much. I went quality over quantity. One of the bottles you must drink all by yourself. You'll know which one I'm talking about on Friday.

I always prefer quality... And much excite!
turfman80
AG
Jacobs box arrived today, just too lazy to post a pic. Two JK Foudreweizens, a Repose, and a Nocturn, along with a Mirror Mirror as an extra! Thank you very much!
First Page Last Page
Page 718 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.