Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,358 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SoTxAg
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goood
Hub05
AG
Iris has been my least favorite of all their regular offerings. Only ones I haven't had are gram cru bruscella and lpf. So if you like the funkyness in iris you will love your other bottles
62strat
AG
quote:
I found an '09 Avery Hog Heaven in my beer fridge the other day... Is that even drinkable?
it probably hasn't even changed that much. Fridge temps slow or even halt the cellaring process.
CollinAB
AG
Currently drinking a BFM Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien. Damn this stuff is good. Kind of a sour bier de garde. Really digging it. For $27 a bottle I don't think I can get any more, but it's fantastic.
turfman80
AG
Continuing on my saison journey. Tried a Uinta Cahoots tonight...the initial nose and taste was of the typical Belgian spice and phenol that I don't really care for, but after it warmed and opened up, the taste was of the citrus peel and coriander used in the brewing. For $6.99 a 750 ml bottle, this ones a keeper during the rest of the summer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Had that a month or 2 ago. Not bad at all for the price.
maca1028
Drove out to Canon Beach from Portland yesterday then made the drive down 101 to Tillamook and De
Garde.

Words can't describe how badass their lineup is. Started with and taster of peach bu, azacca and citra hose, and spruce desay B1. Moved on to a bottle of imperial purple raz bu that I ended up sharing with some fellow Texans from Austin, they shared a bottle of L'Hiver Melange No. 1, a sour stout aged in pappy 15 barrels. One of the employees poured me a glass of beaucoop desay which I think is aged in oak with marionberries and boysenberries.
Just got back from Belmont Station, if you're in Portland this place should be a priority. Walked in, went to the bar, ordered a glass of Barley Browns Palet Jack IPA (never heard of it, but it was tasty AF) then browsed the bottle shop for a bit listening to Led Zeppelin playing from a small radio in the back of the store.

Anyways....here's my beer haul so far. I might be done, but not likely. Consider my cellar restocked.
La Fours
AG
Awesome haul maca.
La Fours
AG
Is that Logsdon their cerasus?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
I found an '09 Avery Hog Heaven in my beer fridge the other day... Is that even drinkable?
it probably hasn't even changed that much. Fridge temps slow or even halt the cellaring process.
My aging beer are in a separate wine fridge at about 55 (highest temperature setting). I think cellaring temps are usually 55-60?
La Fours
AG
Yeah. 50-60 degrees is a good range to cellar.
maca1028
Yessir
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
My aging beer are in a separate wine fridge at about 55 (highest temperature setting).
Yeh, well, you kind of didn't mention that.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sorry, said 'beer fridge,' but I didn't specifically mention that it was temp controlled.

Still, your point raises a good question. If it was just in the back of a fridge at normal temps (35?), how long would it stay in that condition? An IPA's hops wouldn't last much longer than normal would it?
Jock 07
AG
Pretty sure IPAs last a little longer when stored cold but still best to drink fresh
62strat
AG
Yeh hop flavor/aroma is going to diminish over that timeline.
Even that barley wine would be less hop forward compared to fresh. But it would develop in the bottle well. Mellow out, less alcohol bite, different flavors.

Pop it open with a new one and compare. That's the only way to know.
corndog04
AG
quote:
Walked in, went to the bar, ordered a glass of Barley Browns Palet Jack IPA (never heard of it, but it was tasty AF)

It won gold IPA at GABF a couple of years back.

Anyway - hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! I'd offer to meet up and buy you a beer, but I'm on a plane to hot-ass Italy in a few hours.

jah003
S
Thanks to all those who helped me clear out my cellar... most of the list has been claimed (still some Deschutes stragglers if you're interested). I'll get all boxes out on Monday.
NColoradoAG
Loons

https://instagr.am/p/5Az0rwR-Ic
Whoop04
What's the story of these Cantillons? Best beer ever? Only sold in France?
NColoradoAG
quote:
What's the story of these Cantillons? Best beer ever? Only sold in France?

No, and no.

If you like lambic, they are some of the best. I don't think there is such a thing as "the best beer ever"
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I has here gose nothing and counter clockwiess today. I liked them but I think I need a tums.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I has here gose nothing and counter clockwiess today. I liked them but I think I need a tums.
That's how I felt after the local beer bar did their sour day with Iris, consecration, a couple of Avery sours and some other sour stuff.
jh0400
AG
I bought a four pack of Destihl Lynbrook earlier. It's no JK, but I could drink these all day.
La Fours
AG
What style is the lynbrook?
jh0400
AG
Raspberry sour.
maca1028
No worries
dixie whiskey
AG
second the Lynbrook. easily my favorite of the 3 I've tried in the series (gose, counter). founders devil dancer isn't half bad either, missed out on it last year
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
That's how I felt after the local beer bar did their sour day with Iris, consecration, a couple of Avery sours and some other sour stuff.
parrys? Seems I remeber seeing that, but I guess I forgot about it.
corndog04
AG
Soooo... Any Italian beers worth a damn?
Hudson2508
AG
Well, beer made it home just fine. Bubble wrap seemed to do the trick. There was a small moment of panic when I grabbed my checked bag and it was wet. Quickly realized it was just rain but my wife was laughing at me pretty hard.

BSD
AG
quote:

Nope. They are better at wine.
NoneGiven
AG
I thought this was pretty damn tasty, but we can get it in the states

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16043/43161/
NColoradoAG
quote:

LoverBeer makes some decent saisons and wild ales.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
parrys? Seems I remeber seeing that, but I guess I forgot about it.
Brewers Republic
First Page Last Page
Page 717 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.