Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,150 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So the FW saucer has some pretty decent stuff on. A lot of BBA stouts. Finally got my hands on some CBS. Also a 2012 BBA Old Rasputian
Damn. Very nice!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks for the info cpscAG! Me and IrishAggie are going to try and make it out there as well. it will probably be pretty crazy, but it seems too good to miss out on.
defroach
quote:
How many people on the Beer thread have facial hair? Random thoughts.

Neck beards? Goatees? Mustaches? Nothing?
I had around a year long beard as of a month or two ago. I cut it down to a 6 monther at this point - due to a job interview.

I ended up getting the job. Glad they did not care. Speaking of which, I need to schedule my next beard trim for this week.
dave99ag
AG
I once tried to grow a beard, well goatee, when I was single. Yeah, that didn't go too well. I was especially creepy looking when I shaved it to a mustache. I'll go a few days not shaving, but no neckbearding here.
defroach
quote:
Is sweet water in Texas now? Just saw a truck branded with their logo on 35. Finally making it to JK today but of course it's on a Sunday so I won't be able to try and find some more beers at a liquor store in the area.
They are in Houston and San Antonio through Silver Eagle distribution. So, if your area is served by SE, then you can get it.

I know they were hiring for a rep in Austin last month, so they are likely going to be expanding to Austin soon enough through a yet to be named distributor.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
They are in Houston and San Antonio through Silver Eagle distribution. So, if your area is served by SE, then you can get it.

Petrol Station is none too happy with SE and them raising their keg deposit rates.
defroach
quote:
quote:

Petrol Station is none too happy with SE and them raising their keg deposit rates.
I have never understood why a bar feels that they should not pay the same deposit that a distributor has to pay. If a brewery charges $70 for a deposit, why should the bar only pay $50? The distributor should not lose money if a bar loses the keg.
Chipotlemonger
AG
When this summer is Karbach making it to north Texas? I will line up at the liquor stores here in Dallas that very day. My favorite all around drinking brewery.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
When this summer is Karbach making it to north Texas? I will line up at the liquor stores here in Dallas that very day. My favorite all around drinking brewery.

All I keep hearing is "summer" but I want an exact date.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Idiot. Use your damn phone and look at their website before asking.

http://www.karbachbrewing.com/events/dallas
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:

Should be this month
defroach
quote:
June 22nd
Jock 07
AG
karbach portee d'or was on tap last night at the FW saucer
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Staycation in a blackout.
Jock 07
AG
The JK made it back to Colorado in one piece. Forgot to mention that the neck beards were out in force for the release last weekend. I overheard one of them that got caught trying to usurp the 3 bottle limit sobbing to to to go bottle people how he over promised friends in NH bottles or something along those lines. Anyhow was disappointed that I all the boxers revenge was gone by Sun but oh well.

NoneGiven
AG
Ya'll not drink on Wednesdays?

Had Lagunitas Waldo's Special Ale last night. That is a damn tasty DIPA that does an admirable job masking the 11% alcohol. Worth a try if you see it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I quit drinking on weekdays (Friday not included). I'm trying to not be that fatass neckbeard that gets posted every 25th page.
jah003
S
quote:

Had Lagunitas Waldo's Special Ale last night. That is a damn tasty DIPA that does an admirable job masking the 11% alcohol. Worth a try if you see it.

I've got a whole summer off with nothing much on my agenda besides hanging at the pool... Goal is to drink down the cellar. Found a Matt's Burning Rosids last night that somehow got lost in the cellar. Pretty tasty actually and sneaky as crap at 10.5%...

I may actually start posting daily with a pic and brief write up of the beers consumed...
Echoes97
AG
Small share at our home brew club meeting last night, some great beers for sure here plus several home brews.

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I've got a whole summer off with nothing much on my agenda besides hanging at the pool... Goal is to drink down the cellar. Found a Matt's Burning Rosids last night that somehow got lost in the cellar. Pretty tasty actually and sneaky as crap at 10.5%...

I may actually start posting daily with a pic and brief write up of the beers consumed...

Teachers

jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Teachers are the best

FIFY
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Hey! Had this Prairie farmhouse ale last night. Really liked it.
AgEng06
AG
quote:

dave99ag
AG
quote:
Hey! Had this Prairie farmhouse ale last night. Really liked it.

Picked up a bottle of that today at lunch. Really been enjoying their sours lately.
NoneGiven
AG
I am told that Oddwood is splitting off an opening their own site in the near future. If the Saison is an indication of things to come, that is exciting news for fans of the funk.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Small share at our home brew club meeting last night, some great beers for sure here plus several home brews.

Ahhh...Sang Noir. Forever etched in my brain and taste buds as the beer In which we celebrated the Bama victory!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Opened up my last Rahr & Sons Texas Red in hopes of the last bottle magically becoming drinkable.

Nope.

Don't buy this beer. My brother chose it when he was in town a few weeks ago. We drank 3 at the end of the night so our palettes weren't as strict. I've tried drinking the other 3. Didn't finish any of them and took one sniff and taste of this last one before saying "who the hell bottles teriyaki sauce beer?" And poured it down the drain.
Jock 07
AG
I've yet to enjoy any of the rahrs that I've had.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Surprised it does well in the region to be honest. I just don't see it lasting in the long run unless there's a brew change.

* it may not be doing well and I just don't know that. :/
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

Iron Joe is good and I like Texas Pride Pale Ale but other than that I either don't like their beers or they want too much for them.

They also have a good seasonal pumpkin if you like pumpkin beers in the fall.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I haven't had the Texas Red so I can't speak to that one but I liked the Ugly Pug, Iron Thistle, Iron Joe, and Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer. Rahrzent was decent.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've had both Ugly Pug and Iron Thistle. Preferred both over this crap.
Jock 07
AG
Ran across a bottle of BBA arrogant ******* recently for like 3 bucks and figured I'd give it a shot. I don't notice any kind of barrel or bourbon flavor on it at all. Pretty piss poor BBA beer
Whoop04
I could taste the bourbon, but I'd didn't much care for it. The oaked version was good though.
MW13
AG
quote:
quote:

Surprised it does well in the region to be honest. I just don't see it lasting in the long run unless there's a brew change.

* it may not be doing well and I just don't know that. :/
Ya I've mentioned stuff along these lines before. They are getting passed up by all the new(er) breweries. That Iron Joe isn't bad and their collaboration was pretty good. There is STILL tons of BBA Winter Warmer sitting on shelves for 14.99.

Speaking of some of those breweries, Revolver just released Anodyne Wheat Wine which should be interesting.

Anybody been to Lakewood's new taproom? I think I am going to try it out Saturday. I haven't shaved my neck all week in anticipation.
First Page Last Page
Page 703 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.