Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,477 Views | 62650 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Objective Aggie
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My favorite Russian River. They didn't have it at the retail line when I was at RR two weeks ago. Not cool.

steve00
AG
quote:
My favorite Russian River. They didn't have it at the retail line when I was at RR two weeks ago. Not cool.

I'm heading up there next month to fill my trunk with cases of supplication, consecration, blind pig and pliny. If one of them isn't available, it's going to be a long, angry drive home.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm heading up there next month to fill my trunk with cases of supplication, consecration, blind pig and pliny. If one of them isn't available, it's going to be a long, angry drive home.

Didn't have Blind Pig available either. Neckbeard at the counter was in no mood to help.
turfman80
AG
Received a Perennial Regalia saison brewed with brett as an extra in my last trade. Very impressed...IMO much higher that the 85 Beer Advocate rating.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How many people on the Beer thread have facial hair? Random thoughts.

Neck beards? Goatees? Mustaches? Nothing?
AgEng06
AG
quote:

Nothing here except the stubble I accrue between shaves.
CollinAB
AG
I sometimes have a beard. And then sometimes I shave it. And it's not all on my neck.
Scriffer
AG
I stay charmingly scruffy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I sometimes have a beard. And then sometimes I shave it. And it's not all on my neck.
maca1028
Nothing for me because of my job, I have been thinking about working some handlebars on my upcoming vacation though
NColoradoAG
quote:

I have a horrible neckbeard
Jock 07
AG
No facial hair for me unless I'm on vacation or its March.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Nothing here except the stubble I accrue between shaves.

Same for me.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm surrounded by neckbeards and big beards at work, but sadly I do not grow a mustache and have a little Andy Dwyer-ish patchiness in a couple spots, so I'm leading the clean shaven revolution. Getting ahead of the next "trend" hopefully.
corndog04
AG
Shaving is a waste of my time that I'll never get back. Over last three years I only did a full shave twice - once for a funeral and once when I was in a wedding party.

About every 3-4 weeks I take a beard trimmer at lowest setting to reset to stubble and start over from there. My beard grows in pretty full so probably not a true neck beard, but I also don't do anything to keep my neckline clean.

My wife likes beards and I haven't seen any indications at work that it's holding me back so why bother?
NColoradoAG
I try and be the most cliche beer geek possible. Along with my neckbeard I often wear a tshirt from a brewery and a cap from another brewery. If it's chilly, I will wear a hoodie from a third brewery.
Jock 07
AG
Is sweet water in Texas now? Just saw a truck branded with their logo on 35. Finally making it to JK today but of course it's on a Sunday so I won't be able to try and find some more beers at a liquor store in the area.
jah003
S
quote:
Is sweet water in Texas now? Just saw a truck branded with their logo on 35. Finally making it to JK today but of course it's on a Sunday so I won't be able to try and find some more beers at a liquor store in the area.

I'll be out at JK after the baseball game today... So hopefully 4:30-5 ish.
The Bee Caves HEB out that way has a pretty solid selection if you're looking for other beers.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I try and be the most cliche beer geek possible. Along with my neckbeard I often wear a tshirt from a brewery and a cap from another brewery. If it's chilly, I will wear a hoodie from a third brewery.

I need an Alchemist beanie to pair with my Pliny t-shirt and Hill Farmstead hoodie.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Is sweet water in Texas now?

I was at an HEB in The Wooldands just now and saw an endcap display for Sweet Water. I'm not sure if I've seen it in CS yet.
NColoradoAG
Imgur users, do you know where to find the BB Code hotlink on the new android mobile app? This thing is killing me
Whoop04
Got to San Diego this afternoon. So far the damage is New English American red ale,
Belching beaver great lei
Modern times blazing world
Whoop04
Add Alesmith nut brown
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/3pzN7nx-AW

Breaking out the big guns for Game of Thrones episode 9.
Whoop04
+ a sixer Karl Strauss red trolley

Even my piss would taste good right now
army01
AG
quote:

I am clean shaven, though I will occasionally skip a day here or there.
BSD
AG
quote:

I shave Sundays and Wednesdays. Coincidentally those are usually sweet-love-down-by-the-fire nights.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

How was it? I have a bottle that I keep forgetting to open.
Jock 07
AG
So the FW saucer had their anniversary party last night with some pretty good stuff being tapped. They were also charging a $20 cover so I said **** that. Wonder if any of the good stuff lasts until today or not. Might have to head over there to watch the game later.
Jock 07
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

How was it? I have a bottle that I keep forgetting to open.
Really well crafted. It had a very deep barrel character. You could tell it had been in those barrels for years. It was a little more fruity than I tend to like, but it was more toward raisin and dark cherry instead of fig. There was some nice toffee and vanilla sweetness in the finish. Very little oxidation. As it warmed it started to smell just like I imagine bourbon soaked raisins would taste/smell.
cpscAG06
AG
Hear ye, Hear ye Southlake (area) ags. This Thursday, Mellow Mushroom in Southlake is having a Firestone Walker event. Here are the beers:

- Wookey Jack
- Easy Jack
- Double Jac
- Union Jack
- 2015 Sucaba
- 2014 Velvet Merkin
- 2014 Stickee Monkey
- 2014 Parabola
- XVIII Anniversary beer

Also, from their facebook post, it looks like they have 2014 Double DBA as well.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthlakeMellowMushroom?fref=nf

The wife, son and I will be there

AgEng06
AG
Gig 'em Aggies

WorkBoots09
AG
We're checking out Cascade Barrel House right now. What should we get?
Jock 07
AG
So the FW saucer has some pretty decent stuff on. A lot of BBA stouts. Finally got my hands on some CBS. Also a 2012 BBA Old Rasputian
First Page Last Page
Page 702 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.