Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,634,664 Views | 62600 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ChipFTAC01
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
congrats!
NColoradoAG
Congrats Hub. West Ashley's are burning a hole in my cellar. I may take a cue from you and just dome one myself. **** sharing
La Fours
AG
I enjoyed brazzzle. The last time I tried tree shaker I was not impressed. Wasn't terrible but wasn't great. I hope it makes it to BCS soon and I can try it again.

It is looking like I will be in the Tine on May 9. My wife has a bridal shower to attend in the Memorial area. I'll probably drop her off and head towards Petrol or Hay Merchant. Unless there is an equally good beer place near there. Maybe some lunch at BRC. Who knows at this point. But you Tine folk be on the look out for a sort of fat guy with Aggie gear on that Saturday.
NColoradoAG
Page 666. Bust out the Three Floyds!
defroach
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-april-8-2015/

On a side note, the Strange Land labels look great to me. 3 new Texas breweries approved alone this week. It is almost expected to see one come through a week now.

Saint Arnold's Bishop Barrel #9 is a Bourbonator. Being released Monday.

BB#10 is an Ale aged in Gin Barrels and should not be far after #9.

Meta Modern by Oasis is an effin delicious session IPA.

Red Horn Brewing in Cedar Park now has their own beer on tap.

Anyone else going to the Big Texas Beer Fest?
maca1028
I should've cooled down a darkness
defroach
quote:
Just recently heard of them. Based on their Facebook posts they are going to have a huge new brewhouse. They must have some serious financial backing.
I talked to one of the owners some time back.

Yes it is a huge facility. But, they are only using about 1/4th of it. Other parts of it are going to be used by some O&G company for storage/warehouse for equipment. Something along those lines.

I am guessing that is where the money came from.

Along with that, I think someone is highly involved there with that company that is using that other part of the facility.

As far as beers go, they will be canned (and the cans look nice). I am not expecting anything ground breaking, to be honest. I think they will be sticking to the norm with some basic beers before venturing out. When I did talk to the guy, he was OK with that. They were not going after the uber-snobby beer crowd. I fall into that category....but would definitely still give them a shot.

They still have a bit before they will open.
defroach
On a side note, there is also this:

http://discussions.probrewer.com/showthread.php?46345-Established-Brewpub-for-Sale-in-Central-Texas

Anyone who knows much about the Austin beer scene can probably figure out it is likely Rogness. I have heard they are looking to move locations (not necessarily in Austin either).
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I think the reason I don't like Brazzle is the carbonation. I stopped drinking soft drinks years ago and Brazzle is super carbonated. It literally pains me to drink it.
aggielax48
AG
I really liked Brazzle.

Took a client out tonight and had a Grapefruit Sculpin, Enjoy By, and a Lone Pint. Not a bad night on the company dime.
maca1028
Finished off the second half of perrenial 17, now onto uncle Jacobs
BurnetAggie99
West Ashley & Imperial Apricot Bu Weisse
62strat
AG
quote:
I really liked Brazzle.

Took a client out tonight and had a Grapefruit Sculpin, Enjoy By, and a Lone Pint. Not a bad night on the company dime.
Man in 2014 I probably had 150-200 beers on company dime eating out. Every Monday at either greeley Old Chicago or one of the couple great beer bars in Fort Collins, and all the other places in between. Always had 1, usually 2.

And no client involved.... Only me staying just far enough away from home to be considered traveling

Not so much this year 2014 was good times.
maca1028
I got my first experience of that last week getting to drink a glass of blind pig and pliny at falling rock on the company dime, also got a couple of vacation days out of the trip.
I need to figure out how to get that done a little closer to home though.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
It is looking like I will be in the Tine on May 9.

If it was the previous weekend you could day drink with me while catching the ire of golfers at the Senior PGA tour in the Woodlands.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Anyone else going to the Big Texas Beer Fest?
The wife and I will be there, VIP tickets again this year. Riding the DART.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Congrats Hub. West Ashley's are burning a hole in my cellar. I may take a cue from you and just dome one myself. **** sharing

What does it take to get a West Ashley?
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

62strat
AG
quote:
I need to figure out how to get that done a little closer to home though.

Yeh for end of 2013 and most of 2014 I had to be in Greeley, 1.5 hours away from home, at 5:30 am, so I just hoteled it, cause I aint driving at 4 in the morning. You know, it's not safe and all.....

Worked out pretty good, racked up 100K marriott points and got a lot of free food and beer.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I traded Casey Saisons
Hub05
AG
quote:
While LaFours may suck at posting, you sir, have done well. Congrats. Where in TX might you land?
I will be up in Tyler. Not too far from Aggieland and football bottle shares. Also, I have numerous friends in H-town i can stay with if/when I need help shrinking the cellar.

quote:
I "shared" about two ounces with my wife. Does that count?

quote:
My guess would be around 3 fruited Jester King releases. Better yet, have a lucky friend who was in the area when it was released and have him send you a bottle. Sorry, but my friend isn't for trade
BSD
AG
I got my West Ashley from an auction to raise money for the SARA's folks' dog. It came with a Maiden Fields.
BurnetAggie99
If you can't find West Ashley then see if you can find Imperial Apricot Bu Weisse. Its a little easier to find but equally outstanding.
jh0400
AG

This didn't live up to the hype for me.
Bmac04
AG
Congrats Hub!

Love me some West Ashley. Like you said its almost a perfect beer. Cant wait to try its big brother, Westly, next week.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet you could get one with a Vanilla Rye or a couple of sought after JK sours.
62strat
AG
Man I drove right by this Sante Adairius brewery last year.. didn't even know about them.

oh well. Is west ashley an easy beer to get if you live in bay area?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Man I drove right by this Sante Adairius brewery last year.. didn't even know about them.

oh well. Is west ashley an easy beer to get if you live in bay area?

I wouldnt say any SARA beer is easy to get. They randomly release bottles at the tap room usuaully with little or no notice and have limits of 1 or 2 per person.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

The fries or the two hearted? I love me some two hearted.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet you could get one with a Vanilla Rye or a couple of sought after JK sours.

Thanks. Will have to see if I can get some JK sours at the next release. I may be going to SARA in July, would be nice to pick up some bottles when I'm there but the releases look pretty irregular.
Falcon85
AG
Hub, in Tyler, Fuzzy's Tacos and Jul's have decent craft beer selections.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks. Will have to see if I can get some JK sours at the next release. I may be going to SARA in July, would be nice to pick up some bottles when I'm there but the releases look pretty irregular.
Fruit Punch #2 is on sale again today in the taproom, 2 per
Bmac04
AG
Just saw that. Need to track down a bottle....
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:

There is hype around 2 hearted? I agree with you: nothing to really write home about.
BSD
AG
I was never a big fan of two hearted. It's good but nothing too special.
First Page Last Page
Page 666 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.