Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,483 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by SoTxAg
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

This didn't live up to the hype for me.
The fries or the two hearted? I love me some two hearted.

The pimento cheese burger and fries at Bar Americain didn't disappoint. I found the Two Hearted to be average at best.
La Fours
AG
I am a big fan of Two Hearted. Two Hearted in bottles is not as good as Two Hearted in tall boys. I would also wonder how fresh it is. The Two Hearted bottles I had in NC last summer was ok. But I didn't check the date and I suspect they were probably not fresh because of the location I was at probably doesn't move a lot of craft beer in a timely manner.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I am a big fan of Two Hearted. Two Hearted in bottles is not as good as Two Hearted in tall boys. I would also wonder how fresh it is. The Two Hearted bottles I had in NC last summer was ok. But I didn't check the date and I suspect they were probably not fresh because of the location I was at probably doesn't move a lot of craft beer in a timely manner.

This. It's impossible to judge a pale ale without considering freshness. I'd imagine a bottle at a restaurant is probably > 6 weeks old.

I also wouldn't really consider two hearted to be "hyped"
maca1028
Never had two hearted and always wanted to try it. Got a surprise box with some 2 month old hop slam and a couple of bottles of rum barrel aged 4 elf today. I've had fresh hop slam at a bottle share before and it was pretty damn good hopefully these haven't fallen off too much
ChipFTAC01
AG
Going to Cottonwood tonight. Looking at the beer list, there's nothing that is a must-have, is there?

http://www.cottonwoodhouston.com/index.html#Beer

Plenty to drink, but I'm not missing anything that is out-of-the-world, am I?
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
Agree on the Two Hearted. First time I ever had it was in bottles that I grabbed from a gas station on a road trip, and I was not that impressed. A year or so later I had it on draft and was thoroughly impressed, so I imagine it does have a lot to do with the freshness. It's a really good IPA, but it's not anything worth tracking down when so many good local IPA's are available DFW.
Jock 07
AG
yeah obviously the fresh two hearted is good, if it's old I'll pass. The one thing I miss from ND is the retaliative ease of getting two hearted and hopslam, and Surly on my trips over to Minneapolis, however, there is much better stuff available here in CO.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
Agree on the Two Hearted. First time I ever had it was in bottles that I grabbed from a gas station on a road trip, and I was not that impressed. A year or so later I had it on draft and was thoroughly impressed, so I imagine it does have a lot to do with the freshness. It's a really good IPA, but it's not anything worth tracking down when so many good local IPA's are available DFW.
Agreed as well. I like Two Hearted, and I'll have a couple when I'm in their footprint, but there are so many good Texas IPAs now, that I'd rather drink those.
Jock 07
AG
Anything worth checking out in or around Spokane? Cousin is getting married there in Sept and have never ventured up to that part of the country.
aggiemike02
AG
All the freetail is brand new to houston.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Steam Plant in Spokane is cool, but their beers are "meh." However, I'll bet you can find Double Mountain (Hood River, OR) beers there in stores and on tap. Love their IRA.
MW13
AG
quote:
Anything worth checking out in or around Spokane? Cousin is getting married there in Sept and have never ventured up to that part of the country.

I've really enjoyed Ninkasi when I've been in that area.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Second that. Their Dawn of the Red right now is awesome.
jh0400
AG
Hill Farmstead Convival Suarez at The Ginger Man in Manhattan.

Also, Other Half All Green Everything is a great triple IPA.
jh0400
AG
Chardonnay barrel-aged apricot sour from The Brewery at Bacchus.

La Fours
AG
Nice jh0400. Going strong early today.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Nice jh0400. Going strong early today.

It helps getting an assist from the time zone.
NoneGiven
AG
Karbach BBH is still delicious. This last sip will be even sweeter with an Aggie baseball win.
corndog04
AG
Sippin a stone/breakside Braggadacio barrel-aged London Porter
BSD
AG
quote:

Enjoy the trip. Find me some good restaurants for my fall foodie excursion.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Enjoy the trip. Find me some good restaurants for my fall foodie excursion.

Tomato bacon bisque at Parker & Quinn. They have BCBS on their bottle list as well.
BSD
AG
Question for the traders: does this Prairie set have any trade value? I'm tryig to reduce inventory and would like to trade up if possible.

Prairie noir x3
Coffee noir x3
Vanilla noir
Bomb!
BA Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!

(Could possibly add another bomb and pirate Bomb)

Hugo Stiglitzz
That's a nice offer. The BA bombs have higher trade value than the Noir.

Do you (whoever reads this post) have a Fred's Blend?
jh0400
AG
quote:
Question for the traders: does this Prairie set have any trade value? I'm tryig to reduce inventory and would like to trade up if possible.

Prairie noir x3
Coffee noir x3
Vanilla noir
Bomb!
BA Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!

That's as lot of beer for a guy who doesn't drink.
maca1028
That should pull you a few good ones, the pirate Bomb would be the bread winner, there was a trade thread over on talk beer a couple of days ago offering up backyard rye, cw16, and some new glarus for a couple of pirates and a regular Bomb
maca1028
Wish it were fresh but still pretty solid
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Karbach BBH is still delicious. This last sip will be even sweeter with an Aggie baseball win.

I had some Thursday night and got a karbach snifter to go with it. That stuff is truly phenomenal.
jah003
S
quote:

This needs to be BSD's signature...
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Stone Old Guardian for me tonight. I really like this one.
BSD
AG
quote:

Thus the post.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Prairie noir x3
Coffee noir x3
Vanilla noir
Bomb!
BA Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!

Some noob would probably send you something decent if a pirate bomb was in the package. I don't really know what bomb distro is like these days. We are getting a lot of it these days.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Stone Old Guardian for me tonight. I really like this one.

The standard or the odd year extra hopped?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Odd year extra hopped.

It tasted like DFH120. I'm going to scoop up some more of those when I get back to Texas.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Good to hear... I've been eyeing them a little while. They're only around $7 at my Kroger in the Heights so I'll pick up both next time
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm in Boerne laying in my wedding block hotel room wondering if I should stick around till noon so I can drop by Freetail on my way back to Houston today. They've got about 7-8 beers between Cottonwood/Petrol back in my neighborhood so my question is whether they'll have some different things at the brewery worth me waiting for them to open.

Anyone have any idea? Seems like their online menu is down or isn't loading on my phone.
First Page Last Page
Page 667 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.