Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,656 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Question for the traders: does this Prairie set have any trade value? I'm tryig to reduce inventory and would like to trade up if possible.

Prairie noir x3
Coffee noir x3
Vanilla noir
Bomb!
BA Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!

(Could possibly add another bomb and pirate Bomb)

Some noob would probably send you something decent if a pirate bomb was in the package. I don't really know what bomb distro is like these days. We are getting a lot of it these days.

Thanks for the color. I may just send them to my buddy in Napa and have him send me Pliny and sours. Hard to get beers are good and all but I'll be damned if I'll ever pass up some Rrbc sours.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Question for the traders: does this Prairie set have any trade value? I'm tryig to reduce inventory and would like to trade up if possible.

Prairie noir x3
Coffee noir x3
Vanilla noir
Bomb!
BA Bomb!
Christmas Bomb!

(Could possibly add another bomb and pirate Bomb)

Some noob would probably send you something decent if a pirate bomb was in the package. I don't really know what bomb distro is like these days. We are getting a lot of it these days.

Thanks for the color. I may just send them to my buddy in Napa and have him send me Pliny and sours. Hard to get beers are good and all but I'll be damned if I'll ever pass up some Rrbc sours.

I'll toss a Pirate Bomb into the bundle if it'll sweeten your deal.
NoneGiven
AG
Grabbed some Oasis Metamodern. Not a bad little session IPA. Interesting naming and branding considering the recent fame of Sturgill Simpson. They looking to get in to another lawsuit over a beer name?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Cascade Strawberry for this Game of Thrones premiere.
NColoradoAG
That's probably the way to go.
NColoradoAG
NColoradoAG
quote:
Cascade Strawberry for this Game of Thrones premiere.

2012 BCBS for me.

Happy Birthday Turfman!

turfman80
AG
Thanks, Adam! Here's some of the spoils from the weekend family birthday get-together, which also included Sculpin, Union Jack and Yellow Rose for our hop fix. My favorite was the Biere Fantasie from Side Project, the best beer I have had in at least a year. It was the perfect blend of a saison with just a touch of sour, and a fantastic creamy mouthfeel. The DeGarde Beaucoup Desay had a kick ass aroma of peach and apricot, but the taste didn't quite follow through...but still excellent. Loved Anna and Brother Soigne, and Arthur was very good, too, just more tart/sourish than I expected. And of course, a '13 FFAC , which I believe I got from BSD a few years ago!
Geriatric Punk
jah003
S
Went to Red Horn Brewing to celebrate my birthday tonight. Pretty cool spot in Cedar Park if you ever find yourself up that way.

Ending the night with this...

Pretty sure I have Adam to thank for this one...
CollinAB
AG
Looks like you had a good one, Turfman.

I've been digging these frequent Greenhouse releases from Hops & Grain. They're not messing around with these.
Stoli7
Good to hear. I just moved to leander and was wondering how it was.
BSD
AG
quote:
Thanks, Adam! Here's some of the spoils from the weekend family birthday get-together, which also included Sculpin, Union Jack and Yellow Rose for our hop fix. My favorite was the Biere Fantasie from Side Project, the best beer I have had in at least a year. It was the perfect blend of a saison with just a touch of sour, and a fantastic creamy mouthfeel. The DeGarde Beaucoup Desay had a kick ass aroma of peach and apricot, but the taste didn't quite follow through...but still excellent. Loved Anna and Brother Soigne, and Arthur was very good, too, just more tart/sourish than I expected. And of course, a '13 FFAC , which I believe I got from BSD a few years ago!

I like your style. Happy birthday, old timer.
BSD
AG
and happy birthday to JAH.
defroach
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-april-13-2015/

Who is going to buy that Prairie bottle?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Wow, 9L and 3L sizes. Seems like something people will go crazy over with the recent JK 1.5L release. I'm sure it will be incredibly expensive as well. We should try to get one bottle for a football bottle share this year though just to say we did it.haha
defroach
I can see very few of those 9L bottles coming in. But, it definitely would be fun to drink one of those.
army01
AG
quote:
Wow, 9L and 3L sizes. Seems like something people will go crazy over with the recent JK 1.5L release. I'm sure it will be incredibly expensive as well. We should try to get one bottle for a football bottle share this year though just to say we did it.haha
If I did my math correctly, based on Prairie pricing, that 9L bottle would be about $230.
defroach
You can probably add $100 for the novelty factor.
NoneGiven
AG
The bottle alone could add 100.
http://www.winemakingsuperstore.com/bottling/bottles.html
Piraat of that size goes for 315.
BSD
AG
Petty cash. I'll get a sixer.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Drinking a Jai Alai in the Keys, life is delicious.

And, got at BA Speewdway waiting for me back at the boat, so I'm pretty much a baller...
army01
AG
quote:
The bottle alone could add 100.
http://www.winemakingsuperstore.com/bottling/bottles.html
Piraat of that size goes for 315.
But that includes the cork....
jh0400
AG
If you want to brave the neck beards next Monday, The Hay Merchant has all of their Goose Island Beers on clearance. I'm not interested in the BCBS, but I may swing by and pick up a set of the ladies:

quote:
Hay Merchant is officially saying goodbye to our current inventory of Goose Island BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER HAVE GOOSE ISLAND ON DRAFT AGAIN. All beers on draft are $4, and bottles range from $4 to $20. You can even take home a growler of 2013/2014 Bourbon County Stout for $25. You must sign up in advance (April 19 or before) and pre-pay at Hay Merchant, and you can pick up your growler at any time on April 20. The first people in line will have the opportunity to purchase Vanilla Rye and Barley Wine. Both are very limited.

Draft - (All Draft $4):
2013 Bourbon County Brand Stout
2014 Bourbon County Brand Stout
2013 Bourbon County Brand Barleywine
2014 Bourbon County Brand Barleywine
2014 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
2014 Madame Rose
2014 Vanilla Rye

Package Bottles:
2013 Bourbon County Brand Stout 12oz - $4
2014 Bourbon County Brand Stout 12oz - $4
2013 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 12oz - $5
2014 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout 12oz - $5
2014 Bourbon County Brand Barleywine 12oz - $5
2013 Backyard Rye 22oz - $14
2014 Vanilla Rye 22oz - $14
2013 Class of '88 750ml - $14
2013 Lolita 750ml- $14
2013 Halia 750ml - $16
2013 Juliet 750ml - $18
2013 Gillian 750ml - $20
army01
AG
Damn....those are cheap.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Wow. I would probably brave it for the prices if I was in Houston. Would love to get some more bottles of Coffee and Barleywine. Really good prices on everything on tap too.

What is their reasoning for never carrying Goose Island again? AB-InBev related I assume?
army01
AG
Backyard, Vanilla, and Lolita for $14...
NColoradoAG
quote:
If you want to brave the neck beards next Monday, The Hay Merchant has all of their Goose Island Beers on clearance. I'm not interested in the BCBS, but I may swing by and pick up a set of the ladies:

quote:
Hay Merchant is officially saying goodbye to our current inventory of Goose Island BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER HAVE GOOSE ISLAND ON DRAFT AGAIN. All beers on draft are $4, and bottles range from $4 to $20. You can even take home a growler of 2013/2014 Bourbon County Stout for $25. You must sign up in advance (April 19 or before) and pre-pay at Hay Merchant, and you can pick up your growler at any time on April 20. The first people in line will have the opportunity to purchase Vanilla Rye and Barley Wine. Both are very limited.

Draft - (All Draft $4):
2014 Madame Rose
2014 Vanilla Rye

Package Bottles:
2013 Lolita 750ml- $14
2013 Halia 750ml - $16
2013 Juliet 750ml - $18
2013 Gillian 750ml - $20

I am sensing a great amount of butt hurt here. Need the backstory.
aggiemike02
AG
they have always hated on ABI and have served water in their bottles (until forced to stop by ABI lawyers) but still had a great amount of respect for GI and their beers. apparently the ABI superbowl commercial put hay merchant over the edge and they decided to liquidate all remaining inventory
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Draft - (All Draft $4):
2014 Madame Rose
2014 Vanilla Rye

Package Bottles:
2013 Lolita 750ml- $14
2013 Halia 750ml - $16
2013 Juliet 750ml - $18
2013 Gillian 750ml - $20

I am sensing a great amount of butt hurt here. Need the backstory.
That's what it sounds like to me as well.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
they have always hated on ABI and have served water in their bottles (until forced to stop by ABI lawyers) but still had a great amount of respect for GI and their beers. apparently the ABI superbowl commercial put hay merchant over the edge and they decided to liquidate all remaining inventory
Seriously? what a bunch of poons.
aggiemike02
AG
yessir. i paraphraised from this post from one of the hay merchants owners.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.floyd.96/posts/10200731874895655
Jock 07
AG
So he's going to punish a multibillion dollar company by selling off some great beer at a loss to his business just to stick it to the proverbial man. That'll certainly show them. Sounds like ol boy thinks too highly of himself. Why not just laugh at the commercial including the blatant hypocrisy and just move on like the majority of craft beer consumers have done.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I don't think his intent is to "punish" ABI. Just choosing not to do business with them anymore.
BSD
AG
The guy has values. I applaud him.

Me? I'm a *****. I want the BCBS.
First Page Last Page
Page 668 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.