Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,810 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a Lenin's Revenge from Buffalo Bayou last night. Really smooth Russian Stout.
army01
AG
quote:
I had a Lenin's Revenge from Buffalo Bayou last night. Really smooth Russian Stout.
This is about the only Buffalo Bayou offering I have liked.
jetch17
AG
Was happy to see an assload of Enjoy By at central market in tine today. Picked up a couple bombers and some yellow rose. Several cases of enjoy by 6 packs, as well

Lots of enjoy, YR & Lagunitas sucks
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
This is about the only Buffalo Bayou offering I have liked.

I like 1836, although I know that a lot of people don't. I really enjoyed Smoke on the Bayou the one time I had it at the brewery. The Red Velvet Stout (?) is fantastic.
army01
AG
I've had Smoke and Red Velvet...they were okay. Haven't had 1836. I don't think I have seen it up this way.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
About 4 months ago they told me Yellow Rose was going to start being a regular at the Burleson HEB so I didn't load up. Haven't seen it since.
NoneGiven
AG
How is the 512 Wild Bear? Worth chasing down?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Did this beer get released recently? The couple of people that I talked to when it came out the first time didn't have much good to say about it. But I am intrigued by it if it has been released again.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
Did this beer get released recently? The couple of people that I talked to when it came out the first time didn't have much good to say about it. But I am intrigued by it if it has been released again.
It started popping up around Austin yesterday.
MW13
AG
Is there any chance the FW 18 is still around Fort Worth? I may have time to check Total Wine, Specs and Central Market and wondered if it was worth stopping in to check for or if it was long gone.
jh0400
AG
quote:

D&Q posted on Twitter that they have it, but I haven't seen much good about it online.
cc10106
D&Q is out of Wild Bear, for now anyway.
NoneGiven
AG
"Appearance: poopy water with a penumbra of mucus-like foam
Aroma: a hint of old fig newtons that were lost in my pantry
Taste: at first, a cloying, rancid mixture of mollases and old coke. Kind of reminiscent of a White Birch beer. Finishes nicely with a bit of old sour fruit.
Mouthfeel: actually one of the better parts of this beer. A little slick but not unsettling."

Ouch
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Bought a 12 pack of Prairie Bomb for $70 tonight. Going to drink 3 and hope the tornado watch doesn't destroy the RV park in Oklahoma where I stay for work. If I don't post on this thread in the next month your T&P's will be appreciated.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Woohoo. More FSW 18 hit Funkytown.
Glad you were able to find some, do you still want me to keep an eye out for a bottle?
I appreciate, but no need to continue. If I have something that you are interested in though, let me know.

Thanks again for looking.

Would love to bring you something from here for some backwoods *******
Jock 07
AG
Nelson, duet, hoppy birthday and almanac strawberry for me this evening
NoneGiven
AG
Cracked open an old Provenance tonight. Oddly much better than the last one I had. Previous bottle had a significantly more wild yeast taste. Like a batch of homemade tepache.

MW13
AG
quote:
Is there any chance the FW 18 is still around Fort Worth? I may have time to check Total Wine, Specs and Central Market and wondered if it was worth stopping in to check for or if it was long gone.

No me. The answer is no.
maca1028
Perennial chocalate mint stout for me tonight
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
Bought a 12 pack of Prairie Bomb for $70 tonight. Going to drink 3 and hope the tornado watch doesn't destroy the RV park in Oklahoma where I stay for work. If I don't post on this thread in the next month your T&P's will be appreciated.
Falcon85
AG
Went to Hay Merchant and had a Prairie Bomb and Sculpin. Both good, but really like the Prairie Bomb on tap over the bottle.
Hub05
AG
Celebrating a job offer for the opportunity to move to to Texas. Really excited about the offer and the beer

La Fours
AG
Congrats Hub!!
La Fours
AG
Congrats Hub!!
La Fours
AG
Stupid mobile site.
turfman80
AG
How is the West Ashley? Just landed my firstone last week but don't plan to open it until this summer during vacation.
La Fours
AG
Oh and let us know when you will be moving back. I'm sure we will set up a group buy for you to bring lots of CCG and loons and 3f with you to Texas.
cc10106
******* that West Ashley is hott. Props. I got KBS and Supplication in the fridge for later tonight, so I can't complain.
Hub05
AG
Thanks guys. West Ashley is about perfect beer for mw. Not overly sour and a ton of apricot. Worth seeking out if you are a trader.

I can definitely haul some ccb back. The cantillon is all mine , but I am willing to share. I might see if I can buy a case of 3f OG before I leave.
BSD
AG
quote:
Celebrating a job offer for the opportunity to move to to Texas. Really excited about the offer and the beer

While LaFours may suck at posting, you sir, have done well. Congrats. Where in TX might you land?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Brazzle Sour Golden Raspberry by Odell brewing.

The first beer that has over a 90% rating on BA that I don't like. I can't put my finger on what I don't like about it.
maca1028
Congrats Hub!
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Brazzle Sour Golden Raspberry by Odell brewing.

The first beer that has over a 90% rating on BA that I don't like. I can't put my finger on what I don't like about it.
Having their tree shaker tonight. Not bad but not a DIPA.

Congrats Hub.
jetch17
AG
Hub
jetch17
AG
After holding out on drinking for a bit, this is always delicious. Also picked up a 6 of Green House for the weekend today

First Page Last Page
Page 665 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.