Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,107 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by SoTxAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol. Buy Caffe Capri decent wine glasses. That's where we had dinner.
cc10106
DaveHimself
AG
This is good stuff. Thanks jah!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I really hope they make that again this year. I didn't get any last year.
La Fours
AG
quote:

Badass. That beer was amazing.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
It's so hard to go back and search this thread on a mobile. Whoever I promised the two BCBS to about a month ago for 2 BA Legion I'll be here Sunday and Monday. I've still got the BCBS set aside.

It's been hard to meet up because of this Oklahoma project. The weather up there is terrible so we just work whenever it's not freezing or raining regardless of what day of the week it is.

That was me. I'm down to 2 BA Legions and almost drank one a few days ago, but held out in hopes we can meet up soon haha. I'm actually in S. Arlington but work in Fort Worth, although not sure if I'm going in tomorrow due to the weather. If I do, I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up. If not, I'll still set them aside and we'll make it work one of these days.
jah003
S
quote:

Not a problem at all...

Word on the street is the next batch is 3-4 months away. Gonna have to fight off the neckbeards for that one...
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Not a problem at all...

Word on the street is the next batch is 3-4 months away. Gonna have to fight off the neckbeards for that one...

I've heard March to May.
maca1028
Can't wait for batch 2, I'd like to see them put biere de Merlot in bottles this time too
La Fours
AG
I was able to score a second 2014 Abyss this past week so I drank one tonight and am finishing with a BFM Sqrt225. I <3 that beer so hard. No pics because I'm lazy.

Learned that BFM did a collab beer with a brewery in CT. A sour saison I believe. I think I will be seeking out a trade partner.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I was in the Blackhawk Shell in Friendswood today and they have four cases of Abyss. It's been there for weeks now. I got two back when it first showed up. It's been tempting me to get more, but $18.99 a bottle is just too steep.

And three to four months would be great on Montmorency vs. Balaton. That would line up at a time when I could probably actually make it out there.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I was in the Blackhawk Shell in Friendswood today and they have four cases of Abyss. It's been there for weeks now. I got two back when it first showed up. It's been tempting me to get more, but $18.99 a bottle is just too steep.

And three to four months would be great on Montmorency vs. Balaton. That would line up at a time when I could probably actually make it out there.
If you can't make it let me know, I'll probably head up for that one as well as the Atrial release in August.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

This is one of the very few beers I have in my cellar I didn't get to try fresh. Now I look at it and wonder when to open. I guess I'm just waiting for that perfect Thursday to come along.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
quote:

If you can't make it let me know, I'll probably head up for that one as well as the Atrial release in August.

Thanks! I definitely will. We made it up a lot last summer but have only been one time since and all they had that weekend was Estival Dichotimus. Missed Colour Five by a weekend.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks! I definitely will. We made it up a lot last summer but have only been one time since and all they had that weekend was Estival Dichotimus. Missed Colour Five by a weekend.

If it works out we can both make the MvB or Atrial release, I can bring you a Colour Five.
dave99ag
AG
My birthday is tomorrow and my wife brought this home. Ah yeah!
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is one of the very few beers I have in my cellar I didn't get to try fresh. Now I look at it and wonder when to open. I guess I'm just waiting for that perfect Thursday to come along.
Or Monday... or Sunday... or Tuesday morning...

Word on the street is the JK fruit beers hold up really well. Haven't let any stick around long enough to find out, though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If it works out we can both make the MvB or Atrial release, I can bring you a Colour Five.
That would be awesome man. Thanks!
steve00
AG
Gave this brewery another shot this weekend after originally not liking it. Was rewarded with a fantastic Belgian Dubbel.

corndog04
AG

May have left this one in the cellar too long. Super dry and fizzy.
La Fours
AG
Drank a funky gold amarillo tonight. So good. Big fan of that beer. Decided to say eff it and drink the enjoy after I have. It needs time. Not bad. But not good. I will try to get another bottle if it's still on shelves here, but if I miss out, no big deal.

Kind of stupid. Stone should have just held this beer back and released it closer to the best after date.
La Fours
AG
Dumb website.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Drank a funky gold amarillo tonight. So good. Big fan of that beer. Decided to say eff it and drink the enjoy after I have. It needs time. Not bad. But not good. I will try to get another bottle if it's still on shelves here, but if I miss out, no big deal.

Kind of stupid. Stone should have just held this beer back and released it closer to the best after date.

Did you refrigerate it too? DO NOT REFRIGERATE THE BEER THAT COMES WITH AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you refrigerate it too? DO NOT REFRIGERATE THE BEER THAT COMES WITH AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL
Eff their stupid instructions, they aren't the boss of me.
Kyle98
AG
DFW folks, who all is planning on going to the Mellow Mushroom in Southlake Thursday for their Temptress event? I should be there, assuming we don't get another 3 inched of ice or something.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:

Seems like their plan to get you to buy more worked.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, we'll see. I'm not very good at cellaring beer for more than a few months typically. So I would rather it just be on a shelf in December for me to buy and try. So who knows.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Me and IrishAgge13 are planning to be there! No snow can keep us from that much glorious Temptress.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gingerbread stout is terrible. I couldn't even finish a pint. A barrel aged turd is still a turd.

I bet JK could barrel age a turd and sell out in a weekend...

Give it a hipster name and some South Park art work...

Skidmark Wild Ale, a crisp pale ale brewed with farmhouse yeast and aged on the sh*t of racoons that were force fed wild Texas black berries for at least 1 month.
Well, you were close. JK ended up using hay and brandy barrels. Yes, effing hay.

Hay beer

defroach
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-feb-24-2015/
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Me and IrishAgge13 are planning to be there! No snow can keep us from that much glorious Temptress.
Excellent. We'll have to figure out a way to all meet up.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-feb-24-2015/
Well I'll be,

quote:
Pabst Ballantine IPA (b, B, c, K)

bthotugigem05
AG
Good to see Real Heavy back, love that beer.
cpscAG06
AG
quote:
quote:
Excellent. We'll have to figure out a way to all meet up.

The wife and I will be there. It starts at 5pm. I will be wearing an Aggie hat.
NColoradoAG
Slim chances, but is anyone going to JK this weekend who may also be in CS? I'm coming down for the basketball game and some buddies up here want that damn hay beer. They should move the airport closer to the brewery.
First Page Last Page
Page 633 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.