Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,659,565 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's been a while (like long enough that it was the old label) but i actually liked the Buffalo Bayou Gingerbread Stout.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Can you reseal a crowler?

No. It's just a 32 oz can. Gotta dome it when it's opened
corndog04
AG
Gin barrel aged version of last years GABF gold medal IPA.

Sad to say I don't enjoy it at all.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Can you reseal a crowler?

No. It's just a 32 oz can. Gotta dome it when it's opened
oh I thought it was 64 oz.
Still, 32 oz, unless a low abv easy to drink beer, that's a lot to drink before getting warm and flat. I cork my bombers all the time so the second half is cold and carbed, (or to enjoy another night) and that's only 22-25 oz.
It's like the craft beer version of bigass beer night.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gingerbread stout is terrible. I couldn't even finish a pint. A barrel aged turd is still a turd.

I bet JK could barrel age a turd and sell out in a weekend...

Give it a hipster name and some South Park art work...

Skidmark Wild Ale, a crisp pale ale brewed with farmhouse yeast and aged on the sh*t of racoons that were force fed wild Texas black berries for at least 1 month.

Has the release been announced yet? Need to clear my calendar.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Anyone tried Habanero Sculpin and liked it? I can't think of any occasion or food pairing where it would be appropriate.

Glad I drank one for the experience but I need to get rid of the other 5.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I wasn't a fan. That much heat was just over the top for me. I like the beers that have some subtle heat like Bomb, but that was just crazy. Luckily I only have one in my fridge. I got the guy to split up a sixer and got two of that and two of the grapefruit. In retrospect I would have rather had a sixer of the grapefruit and left the habanero alone.

On another note, I had Madrugada Obscura from Jolly Pumpkin last night. Liked it a lot but couldn't finish the glass. Just really sour and it got old for me in a hurry. I plugged it up in the fridge so I'm going to have some more before it goes flat.
AgEng06
AG
Where are you located, henny?

I have heard the same about the Habanero Sculpin, but would still like to try one.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I was thinking it would be good with Mexican or Cajun food but when you're eating spicy food you want something refreshing.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm in Oklahoma right now but I'm heading back to Cleburne tonight. Just south of Fort Worth.
AgEng06
AG
Ah, ok. I'm in the Austin area.
Jock 07
AG
Yea I had the habanero at the brewery a couple years ago and thought it was pretty intense.
cc10106
It has some heat, but i enjoyed it enough to drink on more than one occasion. If you like to cook, I bet you could put it to good use.

As for grapefruit Sculpin, I thought it was overrated and prefer 5 Stones'/Widmer's Back From Bridge City collab over it.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I like the Habanero Sculpin and have enjoyed it with pizza. Even one 12 oz bottle is a little much for me by the end, though. I much prefer regular Sculpin.
Vernada
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gingerbread stout is terrible. I couldn't even finish a pint. A barrel aged turd is still a turd.

I bet JK could barrel age a turd and sell out in a weekend...

Give it a hipster name and some South Park art work...

Skidmark Wild Ale, a crisp pale ale brewed with farmhouse yeast and aged on the sh*t of racoons that were force fed wild Texas black berries for at least 1 month.

Has the release been announced yet? Need to clear my calendar.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Finishing my Madrugada Obscura and it doesn't seem nearly as souor today. Maybe it just hit me weird last night.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Does putting a stopper on a beer really keep it from going flat? I'm skeptical.

I have a capper for home brewing I could use.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Doesn't feel taste flat to me. I've had them pop the stopper out before though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd imagine it does about the same thing as closing a growler. Same thing though is I wouldn't think it would work past a day or so if that.
Jock 07
AG
Well apparently 1/2 of everyone at falling rock got 2 glasses of younger along with elder, blind pig, consecration, and superpower amongst others. Meanwhile I was sitting on a damn United plane for over 2 hours cause they apparently can't properly maintain their fleet
La Fours
AG
Snagged 2 funky gold amarillos today.
jah003
S
quote:

If I'm going to save a bomber (which rarely ever happens anymore), I use this: Amazon: Champagne Sealer

I've had great results when I do use it. Seems to get a really good seal.
Whoop04
Busted out a lagunitas sucks for some family in town, and I didn't realize it until too late, but my damn allergies killed my taste buds. Had to ask my wife if there was something wrong with the beer cause it tasted like water to me. I gave away the remains of my glass.
La Fours
AG
Damn that sucks.
La Fours
AG
Split this bottle with my wife tonight at dinner. Now we are going to see 50 Shades of Grey.

Zero fcks given. I'm getting laid tonight.

62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

If I'm going to save a bomber (which rarely ever happens anymore), I use this: Amazon: Champagne Sealer

I've had great results when I do use it. Seems to get a really good seal.
Ive used these for years

Stopper

Keeping it carbed is simple science. The more headspace you have, and/or the more carbonation you've already released from the beer, the less carbed it's going to be.
I always pour, seal, then pour the rest. You can't get 2 seals/3 sessions out of it, because of the two conditions I just mentioned., unless it's a relatively short amount of time. Once you seal it the first time, it will only lose enough CO2 to fill headspace until equilibrium. It won't continue to lose it, whether it's an hour, a day, or a week. This of course assumes a proper seal, which the stoppers above do great. I've never had one pop, except for champagne, which has way more carb than beer and proves it really seals. If your first pour is 75% of bottle, the second pour will be less carbed that if the first were 50% of bottle, because there is more headspace.

Anyway enough of the science lesson; I first saw the stoppers above used at home brew competition. Every bottle was half poured for category judging, then second half of bottle was used for best of show, which was hours later. All the beer had ample carbonation for judging.
I'm actually down to 1, time to order some more.
BSD
AG
quote:
Split this bottle with my wife tonight at dinner. Now we are going to see 50 Shades of Grey.

http://i.imgur.com/i07j7Hv.jpg

I'm buying you a decent wine glass for Christmas. And congrats on the sex.
Jock 07
AG
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Anybody tried Black Crack by Southern Star? Pretty tasty.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It's so hard to go back and search this thread on a mobile. Whoever I promised the two BCBS to about a month ago for 2 BA Legion I'll be here Sunday and Monday. I've still got the BCBS set aside.

It's been hard to meet up because of this Oklahoma project. The weather up there is terrible so we just work whenever it's not freezing or raining regardless of what day of the week it is.

maca1028
This is good
Scriffer
AG
Velvet Hammer. Lots of it.
Represent830
AG
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/i07j7Hv.jpg

Actually met Mr. Lohr on our trip to Paso Robles this past summer. Very cool guy but didn't hook us up VIP like we wanted.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Paris Haul

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p711/jrboyd79/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspkwyi7kq.jpg
Hugo Stiglitzz
dp
First Page Last Page
Page 632 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.