Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,092 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by Objective Aggie
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NoCo where do you shop in greeley?
La Fours
AG
Would you mind grabbing me an fw anniversary and bring it next time you come to town? Or we can figure out shipping.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Ballast Point.... Bloody Mary mix is pretty good.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Would you mind grabbing me an fw anniversary and bring it next time you come to town? Or we can figure out shipping.

PM me and we'll work it out. I probably won't be down until football season.
Jock 07
AG
Anniversary came and went pretty quick here. Although I've found it on tap a few tines around town over the past couple months.
Stoli7
Finally got my hands on a Yellow Rose!
ElectricAg13
AG
Is the yellow rose pretty good? I have seen that a few places around here have had it but it looks like it's going to be hard to track down in Dallas. Worth the hunt? And thanks for the heads up on the BBT DaveHimself! Would have never gotten ahold of another if it weren't for you and DallasAggie2012. Random response I know, but I've been lurking for a while on here and have finally decided to make more of a contribution.
cc10106
Not much beats fresh Yellow Rose, in TX anyway.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Rahrs Bourbon Barrel Winter Warmer is good but the price they are asking is ridiculous. It should be half...
La Fours
AG
How much are they charging for a bb winter warmer?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
$14.99 for a bomber. I paid $2 more for a 4 pack of BA Legion and the legion was a much better deal.

PS. Whoever I promised the 2 BCBS to for 2 legions don't let the fact that I found legion deter you. I'm a man of my word. The trade is still good.

I have to go to Oklahoma tomorrow for work but if you're willing to drive to Cleburne to make the trade I have the two BCBS set aside in my beer closet so my wife can give them to you. If not I'll be back next weekend.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
And my wife actually loves BALegion and she never likes any beers so I don't mind giving up the BCBS if I get to enjoy more legion with her .
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Finally got to use my thistle I got for Christmas.

Jason_Ag98
AG
DR15 tonight. Not bad - looking forward to trying the Bishop's Barrel version.
army01
AG
quote:
How'd you manage that?
La Fours
AG
What style is dr15?
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:
How'd you manage that?

A guy I know has a connection at the brewery and brought me a couple of bottles each of the regular DR15 and the BB version.
BSD
AG
Bunker Hill HEB in the tine should get the DR today.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
$14.99 for a bomber. I paid $2 more for a 4 pack of BA Legion and the legion was a much better deal.

PS. Whoever I promised the 2 BCBS to for 2 legions don't let the fact that I found legion deter you. I'm a man of my word. The trade is still good.

I have to go to Oklahoma tomorrow for work but if you're willing to drive to Cleburne to make the trade I have the two BCBS set aside in my beer closet so my wife can give them to you. If not I'll be back next weekend.
I've been in Houston this weekend and just getting caught up...email me at davegeneric05 at gmail and we'll figure out the details.

And I agree, BBWW is good but not for $15. Cases of it are sitting around at all the stores I go to so we aren't the only ones thinking this.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
What style is dr15?

Russian Imperial Stout
MW13
AG
Had the Bishops Barrel Saturday night and it was freakin good.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Is the yellow rose pretty good? I have seen that a few places around here have had it but it looks like it's going to be hard to track down in Dallas. Worth the hunt? And thanks for the heads up on the BBT DaveHimself! Would have never gotten ahold of another if it weren't for you and DallasAggie2012. Random response I know, but I've been lurking for a while on here and have finally decided to make more of a contribution.
I had YR for the first time this weekend and would say YES it's definitely worth the hunt! I got mine in Houston and still haven't seen it anywhere in DFW yet, although I know Hall's had it awhile back.
Glad to know you were able to get some BBT
army01
AG
quote:
Had the Bishops Barrel Saturday night and it was freakin good.
You're in DFW, no? Where'd you get it and can you take bottle(s) to go?
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
I had YR for the first time this weekend and would say YES it's definitely worth the hunt! I got mine in Houston and still haven't seen it anywhere in DFW yet, although I know Hall's had it awhile back.
If I recall correctly, a round of YR just hit DFW late last week.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If I recall correctly, a round of YR just hit DFW late last week.
It did, and for the most part it all bottles were gone pretty quickly, but I didn't really look very hard. Some places still have it on draft, though.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I was able to find YR at Halls last Friday when it came through. They got a sizable shipment in and limited it to one bottle per person so it lasted all day that way. It was the first bottle I've been able to snag in DFW though. Hopefully it becomes a little easier to get a hold of as it becomes a little more regular.
DaveHimself
AG
Just saw where Hall's got YR on Friday and DR15 this morning.
Kyle98
AG
WhipIn Flower Mound got a case or YR, and it was gone in 45 minutes they said. I asked about them getting it again, and I was told, "it's a special release beer, so it may be a while before we get more, hard to tell."

Whole Foods Highland Village didn't get any bottles, but they do have a couple of kegs. Probably going to swing by there tonight and try it out.
MW13
AG
Magolia Motor Lounge in FW had it. They had a really good selection of beers. No go on taking bottles out though obviously.
Falcon85
AG
Has anyone recently seen Lagunitas Undercover in the Metroplex?
Furlock Bones
AG
Just picked up some SA DR15. Still some left at Specs downtown.
Kyle98
AG
Just booked a hotel in Windsor, CA (Worldmark by Wyndham, using timeshare points) for our 4-day anniversary weekend in May. Of course, I'm planning on making my first trek to Russian River. We'll be there Thurs-Sun (getting in late Wed, leaving after work). Are weekdays best for trying to get into the brewpub without a big wait, or does it really matter? I also want to visit the Lagunitas taproom while we're there. One day will be a winery day, and probably one day a brewery day.

What's the parking like in Santa Rosa around the brewpub? Anything I need to know beforehand?
jh0400
AG
There's a pay lot right behind RRBC, and I think parking was free after 5 pm.
BSD
AG
we went the Saturday of Thanksgiving and there was a line at 10:30am (they open at 11:00). We got in around 11:15-11:20. I say go on Thursday or Friday when most of the drunks are at work. And like jh said, there is a pay lot directly behind the brewpub.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Somebody go buy all of this BBT up at Liqorama in Ft Worth! I went today and there is still at least a case plus some left. Pretty crazy.

http://imgur.com/j9UXWvk
First Page Last Page
Page 607 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.