Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,240 Views | 62648 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Jock 07
Kyle98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
There's a pay lot right behind RRBC, and I think parking was free after 5 pm.
quote:
we went the Saturday of Thanksgiving and there was a line at 10:30am (they open at 11:00). We got in around 11:15-11:20. I say go on
Thursday or Friday when most of the drunks are at work. And like jh
said, there is a pay lot directly behind the brewpub.
Cool, thanks guys.
dummble
AG
I would probably trade a BBH for a BBT if someone from Dallas in interested
DallasAggie2012
AG
I might be down for a BBH. I really wanted to try that Cherries of Fire, but I don't know if anyone still has any of that sitting around since it was done a ways back. How is this year's batch of BBH?
BSD
AG
Kyle, be sure to lookout for the reserve bottle program. It isn't listed on the menu since the bottle changes daily. There is a chalkboard at the bar (sit there if you can) that lists the bottle of the day and while expensive, sometimes it is necessary to ball it out. Just throw your dick on the table and order it, the sampler, and a Pliny...and some mother****ing Drew Bites.
AgEng06
AG
I agree with these guys. We went on a Friday at lunchtime and only waited about 15-20 min for a table. We parked in the parking garage across 5th street, right behind RRBC.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Kyle, be sure to lookout for the reserve bottle program. It isn't listed on the menu since the bottle changes daily. There is a chalkboard at the bar (sit there if you can) that lists the bottle of the day and while expensive, sometimes it is necessary to ball it out. Just throw your dick on the table and order it, the sampler, and a Pliny.

I'd order a Pliny and some Pliny bites so you'll have something to eat/drink while you're waiting for the sampler. It can take 20 minutes or more to get a sampler if they're busy.
dummble
AG
dummble
AG
That I do not have. But if you are looking for any other OTS Houston beers I am sure we can work something out.

username at gmail
jetch17
AG
Welp I berated some neckbeard ****s at my local Kroger after work as they rang up 2 cases of DR.

I asked if there were anymore and they proceeded to tell me "we cleaned em out". I politely asked if they would give me 1 bomber to ring up there in the self check out. ...

When their reply was "shoulda got here 2 minutes sooner" I lost it. After a colorful exchange I remembered I didn't REALLY give a sh*t about DR, but the smug extra beardiness of the whole thing at the local neighborhood store really rubbed me wrong.
army01
AG
Is this a place I need to add to the regular rotation?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Welp I berated some neckbeard ****s at my local Kroger after work as they rang up 2 cases of DR.

I asked if there were anymore and they proceeded to tell me "we cleaned em out". I politely asked if they would give me 1 bomber to ring up there in the self check out. ...

When their reply was "shoulda got here 2 minutes sooner" I lost it. After a colorful exchange I remembered I didn't REALLY give a sh*t about DR, but the smug extra beardiness of the whole thing at the local neighborhood store really rubbed me wrong.
And I'm sure they won't even drink the majority of them.
wessimo
AG
What an a*hole
DallasAggie2012
AG
Haha definitely not. I really have no idea how they got any BBT in the first place. Their beer selection is terrible honestly. I would have never found it if DaveHimself hadn't tipped us off on it. The fact that a case or more of the BBT has been sitting on the floor there for weeks now tells you how many people come through there that are actually into good beer. They didn't even know they had it when I called them last week to ask for it.

On the other hand, it's got some decent prices on a rather large liquor selection.
Echoes97
AG
Jetch, that's where I've gotten, if I get some cool, if not, F it, I'm not going to waste any more time competing in the neckbeard Olympics. Bunch of fuggin children I swear.

Doesn't mean I won't seek out and buy tons of great beer, just tired of these fairies and their hoarding asses.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jah003
S
I'd have knocked the two cases out his hands and ran...

Neckbeards gonna neckbeard...
jetch17
AG
I like to get 1 to try IF I stumble onto it. My local store usually has it (which they did, and plenty) which is convenient. The problem is I knew the answer before even saying anything, but the sheer ass holeness of the response is what irked me... Fuggin typical
maca1028
I pretty much live out in the boonies east of Baytown which doesnt get much in the craft beer dept so I have to drive at least 35-40 minutes to get a decent selection. I went to the liquor store outside my neighborhood a few minutes ago to get my wife a bottle of wine and came away with a sixer of dr15, yall have no idea the excites that I have right now for not having to burn half a tank of gas to fill my beer drinking needs
maca1028
Jetch, I can set one aside for you if you don't have any luck
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I like to get 1 to try IF I stumble onto it. My local store usually has it (which they did, and plenty) which is convenient. The problem is I knew the answer before even saying anything, but the sheer ass holeness of the response is what irked me... Fuggin typical
Let me guess, they felt entitled to the whole allotment?
NColoradoAG
quote:

Hahahahahaha, what a bunch of idiots. I can almost guarantee you they put up a post on BA:

ISO: Vanilla Rye, BBPt5, Mexican Cake, MBCP, DBH, others
FT: DR, Yellow Rose, others

2-3 days later theyll be pissed they got crickets and have a case each to drink through.
BSD
AG
What a ***. I've got you covered, Jetch. Ain't no thang.
Kyle98
AG
At the risk of exposing myself as a relative newbie to the craft beer scene, what is DR?
BSD
AG
Saint Arnolds Divine Reserve...an annual ****show for an overrated beer.
Kyle98
AG
Ah, gotcha, thanks.
Kyle98
AG
double post
Scriffer
AG
quote:
At the risk of exposing myself as a relative newbie to the craft beer scene, what is DR?
Thanks for asking. I had no idea what anyone was talking about.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Hahahahahaha, what a bunch of idiots. I can almost guarantee you they put up a post on BA:

ISO: Vanilla Rye, BBPt5, Mexican Cake, MBCP, DBH, others
FT: DR, Yellow Rose, others

2-3 days later theyll be pissed they got crickets and have a case each to drink through.
I truly hope this is exactly what happens
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks for asking. I had no idea what anyone was talking about.
Glad to help!
BSD
AG
I knew heb was getting it today at so I left work as soon as they posted it online. I work across the highway so it takes me about 8 minutes to get to my car in the garage and get over there. When they've done this type of thing in the past, I'm usually the first person there. This time there were 30 people ahead of me. i wonder how long these neckbeards were camping out for this stuff. One old man had his daughter and grandchild there and made them get in line a few spots back as not to raise any suspicions that he was getting more than his share. Sure it's within the rules but still, what a *****. I saw him a few aisles over consolidating everything.

NColoradoAG
I don't understand why folks down there go so crazy for that SA seasonal stuff. Seems they do the same for pumpkinator, which is a fine beer, but I have no clue why you'd want cases of it. I'll be interested to hear if this DR is any better than other RIS's like Ten Fidy and Founders Imperial Stout that are probably ****ting all over shelves.
jah003
S
quote:
I don't understand why folks down there go so crazy for that SA seasonal stuff. Seems they do the same for pumpkinator, which is a fine beer, but I have no clue why you'd want cases of it. I'll be interested to hear if this DR is any better than other RIS's like Ten Fidy and Founders Imperial Stout that are probably ****ting all over shelves.

The problem with St. Arnold's is the "mainstream" beer drinking public seems to know/support them. So, instead of fighting the neckbeards... Your fighting soccer moms as well.

I'll always buy a 6 pack of DR, drink 1, and throw the rest in as extras in trades...
jah003
S
The dreaded DP
Hub05
AG
LOL at the DR stuff. We have the same problem with zhukov or any of the CCB seasonals. All of them are good, some even great. But none are worth it. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said they its not just the neckbeards fighting for some of these, it is every local yocal chasing these because they know the brand. For example, a shop near me recently got Cantillon St Gilloise in and it lasted longer than zhukov when it came in.
Kyle98
AG
Just had both Yellow Rose and Grapefruit Sculpin for the first time...both on draft, too. Man, what a couple of great beers.
maca1028
I feel like this could use some age
First Page Last Page
Page 608 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.