Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,291 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by swampstander
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How you pull that off?
NColoradoAG
quote:
How you pull that off?

I know people
maca1028
Who are these people you speak of?
txaggie05
AG
O'Bannons is tapping a keg of BCBS at 6 on Friday
NColoradoAG
quote:

liquor store owners
SecoKid
AG

Tons of cherry in this beer. Pretty good, on the sweeter side though and less tart than I was expecting. Happy Turkey Day!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

liquor store owners
That's how I got my hands on the orvw
La Fours
AG
Anything Ft Collins to ask my friend to look for so she can bring it down to me at Christmas? Black Bottle? Can you get crooked stave there? Just need a few suggestions. Sours, saisons, BA anything, and fresh ipa's are my favorite styles.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Quick stop this morning
http://i.imgur.com/r4RDvtWl.jpg

Nice
NColoradoAG
quote:
Anything Ft Collins to ask my friend to look for so she can bring it down to me at Christmas? Black Bottle? Can you get crooked stave there? Just need a few suggestions. Sours, saisons, BA anything, and fresh ipa's are my favorite styles.

Funkwerks for Peach Whiskey Tropic King. She can find Crooked Stave basics at Supermarket Liquors along with lots of other good stuff. Black Bottle stuff is pretty meh, IMO. Pliny is in the state right now.
Two Down
AG
Aggiemike - I can shoot you an email if you'd like. Or vice versa, up to you.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Funkwerks for Peach Whiskey Tropic King. She can find Crooked Stave basics at Supermarket Liquors along with lots of other good stuff. Black Bottle stuff is pretty meh, IMO. Pliny is in the state right now.

Will the peach whiskey be around in a few weeks? She lives in Laramie, WY and I don't know how often she makes it down to Ft. Collins.
BSD
AG
I met up with some good friends tonight in SF and started off at Cellarmaker for about 15 minutes...early close. Had a Highway to the Dankerzone IPa taster and a sip of Daphne blonde ale. We moved on to city Beer Store for a sip of RRBC row 2 and a glass of this tasty.

A bar called The Willows is pouring 4oz tasters of BCBS so we may head there for a few minutes.
Two Down
AG
BSD living the dream like always
cpscAG06
AG
tip of the hat BSD
jetch17
La Fours
AG
quote:
I met up with some good friends tonight in SF and started off at Cellarmaker for about 15 minutes...early close. Had a Highway to the Dankerzone IPa taster and a sip of Daphne blonde ale. We moved on to city Beer Store for a sip of RRBC row 2 and a glass of this tasty.

A bar called The Willows is pouring 4oz tasters of BCBS so we may head there for a few minutes.
62strat
AG
Man this is my first hangover in quite a while.

Started off with a few Christmas beers (Full Sail Wassail and New Belgium Frambozen), then off to the big guys:

Finishing off the night
maca1028
Nice strat, I'm getting bubble gut thinking about drinking all that
cpscAG06
AG
Wow strat
corndog04
AG
Growler of Breakside IPA for the game. Homebrew honey citra saison in reserve.
The Beer and I
quote:
Growler of Breakside IPA for the game. Homebrew honey citra saison in reserve.

I think you're gonna need more beer if you plan on watching the second half.
corndog04
AG
The bourbon thread is starting to sound really tempting
Scriffer
AG
I'm sick and can't drink.

Thinking if switching over to the Simpsons marathon on FXX.
The Beer and I
I'm thinking about starting an Everclear thread.

And scriffer, there's always nyquil
docaggie
AG
I'm at work tonight and therefore can't drink.
There's nothing going on at the moment, so I'm watching the game.... and needing a few drinks.
At least tu is getting whupped.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Started with a 2013 Pumpkinator. On to a Rahr& Sons Rahrzenten. May need more to get through this game.
Jock 07
AG
So apparently we're not even getting BCBS barleywine here. Although, I suppose I should be thankful that I'm not still in North Dakota where there wouldn't be any chance to get regular BCBCS
CollinAB
AG
Welp. I'm gonna need all the beers.
Jock 07
AG
Strat, what did you think of the 5 monks? Does it need more time? It was quite warm and boozy iirc from the sample I had at GABF
maca1028
I guess I'm bass ackwards, when our team gets their asses kicked I don't really feel like drinking.
Found a place that released merkin today, hopefully they still have it tomorrow afternoon, since I'm working my wife is going to do a little beer hunting for me.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So here's a question after my Rahrzenten experience: is there an alcohol content law/policy that requires something to be called a stout?

Rahr & Sons Rahrzenten is labeled a chocolate milk stout weighing in at 9% ABV. That said, it was a good porter. Nothing said chocolate, milk, or stout to me. Not a single thing. I was just kind of wondering if it there was something that required them labeling it a stout because it was so far from what I expected.
62strat
AG
quote:
Strat, what did you think of the 5 monks? Does it need more time? It was quite warm and boozy iirc from the sample I had at GABF
it was really good I thought. I mean at 20%, it's hard to imagine it not being boozy, but I've got a few more I plan to let sit for a few years.
jcbaggie04
AG
I'm at work tonight too Doc. Hospital was slow enough for me to need a drink or two as I peeked in on our game.
maca1028
Looks like the line at smith street started about 2am...yea...no thanks
First Page Last Page
Page 564 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.