Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,022 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by steve00
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Spent my day off going to 3 separate doctors appointments for the little one... came home to this:

This will be my first foray into DeGarde. Excited to crack a few open over Thanksgiving break...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
I'll get you some coffee for some casey

You going out of town this weekend?

I forgot we're not getting coffee here. Stopped by bubbles on the way back from taking the wife to ikea and they were advertising that they're selling em 8 bucks a bottle with a 1 bottle of each variety limit.
The Beer and I
Got back from the trip to Boston last night, what a cool city. Crazy though, with all of the craft breweries nearby, the beer selection at most bars consisted of 3 different Sam Adams, Harpoon IPA, and PBR.

I did make it to Night Shift in Everett:

They had some really good stuff on tap at their new facilities. After a few there, I went to Trillium because I had heard it was a good up and coming brewery. Talk about tiny, all they did was sell beer to go and give you 2 tasters with about 2oz.

On Saturday, I was gonna drive to Hill Farmstead, but it was 15 degrees in Vermont with 50% chance of rain/snow. Instead, we toured Fenway and went to Boston Beer Works across the street. They really didn't have anything impressive. We also toured Harvard and had a couple of beers with some drunk, obnoxious smaht kids.

Sunday, we drove up the coast to Maine to check out Maine Beer Company. By far the best overall selection of beer I've had anywhere:

We also wanted to hit up Allagash, but they weren't open on Sunday's. Monday before we left, I finally hit the mother load of a beer bar called Sunset Grill and Tap. They had about 50 taps and a couple hundred bottles, including this:

Overall, a pretty fun trip. And brought a few goodies with me on the way home:

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I forgot we're not getting coffee here. Stopped by bubbles on the way back from taking the wife to ikea and they were advertising that they're selling em 8 bucks a bottle with a 1 bottle of each variety limit.
MSRP is $27.99. Seems like a 2 bottle limit is low. I saw Mr Bs is doing a 1 4 pack limit on regular and a one bottle limit on barleywine. I'm hoping the wife will have good luck up here.

wessimo
AG
PumpKYn for the start of the holiday break. Good stuff.
maca1028
Sounds like a good trip beer and I
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

MSRP is $27.99. Seems like a 2 bottle limit is low. I saw Mr Bs is doing a 1 4 pack limit on regular and a one bottle limit on barleywine. I'm hoping the wife will have good luck up here.

Damn, I thought they were round 20 a 4 pack.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm going to houston for Thanksgiving.

Any chance I can score some yellow rose? Anything else I can't get in DFW that I should look for?
gordo97
AG
I've seen Yellow Rose pretty much everywhere lately. Any better HEB, Kroger or Specs will have it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They were last year. ABinbev figured out they could charge $8 more and everyone will still buy it. I've got no beef with the new price.
Jock 07
AG
Yea I don't either, just was a bit surprised at the jump in one year. I'll still buy as many as I'm allowed to.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Got back from the trip to Boston last night, what a cool city. Crazy though, with all of the craft breweries nearby, the beer selection at most bars consisted of 3 different Sam Adams, Harpoon IPA, and PBR.

I did make it to Night Shift in Everett:

They had some really good stuff on tap at their new facilities. After a few there, I went to Trillium because I had heard it was a good up and coming brewery. Talk about tiny, all they did was sell beer to go and give you 2 tasters with about 2oz.

On Saturday, I was gonna drive to Hill Farmstead, but it was 15 degrees in Vermont with 50% chance of rain/snow. Instead, we toured Fenway and went to Boston Beer Works across the street. They really didn't have anything impressive. We also toured Harvard and had a couple of beers with some drunk, obnoxious smaht kids.

Sunday, we drove up the coast to Maine to check out Maine Beer Company. By far the best overall selection of beer I've had anywhere:

We also wanted to hit up Allagash, but they weren't open on Sunday's. Monday before we left, I finally hit the mother load of a beer bar called Sunset Grill and Tap. They had about 50 taps and a couple hundred bottles, including this:

Overall, a pretty fun trip. And brought a few goodies with me on the way home:

Did you buy the Utopias there? How much was it in a bar if you don't mind me askin
The Beer and I
Jock,
I did not buy the whole bottle. They served it 2.5 oz for $22. Or you could buy the bottle for $200. If it was the first day instead of the last one, I would've really been tempted to buy it.
BSD
AG
Nice trip!
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They were last year. ABinbev figured out they could charge $8 more and everyone will still buy it. I've got no beef with the new price.
$28 for BCBS? I might sit this one out. I am still sitting on a 4 pack of regular and barley wine from last year, along with a Backyard and 1 coffee. Still might have to chase Vanilla, though.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

$28 for BCBS? I might sit this one out. I am still sitting on a 4 pack of regular and barley wine from last year, along with a Backyard and 1 coffee. Still might have to chase Vanilla, though.
I still think it's a good deal. $0.60 an oz is still about the lowest cost for any high quality BA stout I buy during the year. Avery stuff like Uncle Jacobs is $1 an oz, Black Tuesday is $1 an oz, Parabola is $0.75 an oz. The only thing cheaper I've found is Dragon's Milk, which doesn't hold a candle to BCBS.

To each their own, though. I hope the price keeps the hoarders away and it gets spread around a little more.
Two Down
AG
Paging AggieMike02 - still interested in that trade
jah003
S
I have a feeling neck beards gonna neck beard regardless of the price...

NColoradoAG, you still want to BCBS hunt... Or just call it a wash since it looks like there won't be any around on Friday? I may show up to Specs when they open just for the off chance it comes in...
NColoradoAG
I'll probably go look anyway so feel free to join us. Timing may be tight though because we're going to the basketball game.

LaFours, have you seen any of these signs around? They're up at all the places here that are getting BCBS.

aggiemike02
AG
whats your offer?
maca1028
NoCo, jah, la fours, I know it's about an hour drive from BCS but have yall thought about calling some of the HEB/Specs in Cypress?
NColoradoAG
quote:
NoCo, jah, la fours, I know it's about an hour drive from BCS but have yall thought about calling some of the HEB/Specs in Cypress?
It crossed my mind, but I don't want to deal with getting up early and/or any lines. Plus we need to be at Reed by noon for basketball.
La Fours
AG
No, I haven't seen any of those signs. But I got word last night that if there are any packaged BCBS for Brazos County, they are almost guaranteed that they are for on premise consumption, most likely for a beer dinner.
NColoradoAG
quote:
No, I haven't seen any of those signs. But I got word last night that if there are any packaged BCBS for Brazos County, they are almost guaranteed that they are for on premise consumption, most likely for a beer dinner.
Whoop04
Sours is the one type of beer I have never really explored. Any suggestions? Preferably not too difficult to find. -edit for typo
jah003
S
quote:
Sours is the one type of beer I have never really explores. Any suggestions? Preferably not too difficult to find.

Rosenbach Grand Cru... IMO the best, easily accessible gateway into sours.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Sours is the one type of beer I have never really explores. Any suggestions? Preferably not too difficult to find.
Rodenbach Grand Cru
Cuvee De Jacobins Rouge
Petrus Aged Pale
Lindemans Cuvee Rene
St Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition
jh0400
AG
La Fours
AG
I wish it weren't true.
Jock 07
AG
Any word if they're selling 4 packs there in Texas or singles?
army01
AG
quote:
Depends on the location. I think most Specs are selling 4 packs.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Depends on the location. I think most Specs are selling 4 packs.
Yeah, this for the most part.

I was told that if Specs in town got any BCBS, it would probably next week and it would at most be a case. So they would end up selling them as singles.
Jock 07
AG
Quick stop this morning
army01
AG
Damnit! The first year in 6 that I haven't gone to the Springs
NColoradoAG
Just landed 12 bottles of BCBS
First Page Last Page
Page 563 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.