Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,790 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Hit up JK today cause the weather was just too freaking nice not to...

The Figlet was surprisingly good. Don't really know what figs are supposed to taste like, but the sweetness and smokiness was excellent. Estival was kinda meh...

Ended up taking home a case of various stuff. Most will be headed to my brothers wedding in Decemeber. I'm supplying the special "know the secret code" beer...
Vernada
AG
Been drinking Upslope all weekend. Great stuff. Good brewery. There's pale ale is great. I can drink the lager all day. Actually I have been.
NColoradoAG
We're going to go to the basketball game on Friday so we're going to plan on hitting Specs right when they open at 10 am. LaFours, please tell me there won't be a line. I hate standing in lines.
jah003
S
quote:
We're going to go to the basketball game on Friday so we're going to plan on hitting Specs right when they open at 10 am. LaFours, please tell me there won't be a line. I hate standing in lines.

I'm in for this... Calling the HEB's today to see if they're getting any in. Have we confirmed that Spec's is actually getting BCBS?
La Fours
AG
I have no idea if there will be a line. I'll see what my friend who works there can tell me.

Now, reply to my PM. Jackwagon!!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Now, reply to my PM. Jackwagon!!
You IT people are so friendly.
La Fours
AggieOO
Lone star grille in cedar park will be 1 of 3 places in Austin to get a keg of bcbs. Should have it next Wednesday, if nothing changes.
La Fours
AG
My friend at specs doesn't think they will get any bcbs for Black Friday. Might get regular a week later or so.
jah003
S
quote:
My friend at specs doesn't think they will get any bcbs for Black Friday. Might get regular a week later or so.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Houston Black Friday Release at Spec's Downtown; Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Coffee Stout, Barleywine and Vanilla BCS 10AM 11/28
NColoradoAG
quote:
Houston Black Friday Release at Spec's Downtown; Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Coffee Stout, Barleywine and Vanilla BCS 10AM 11/28

What time will chow and his mules be in line?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^
wessimo
AG
Damnit I have to spend time with family on Friday instead of hanging with hundreds of my best neckbeard buddies at specs.
Jock 07
AG
Well this sucks. I hope we get some here. I thought production was supposed to be up with their new barrel warehouse
NColoradoAG
quote:
Well this sucks. I hope we get some here. I thought production was supposed to be up with their new barrel warehouse
I'm sure there will be a lot of regular and barleywine available.
BSD
AG
Tine folk: Hay Merchant will have BCBS on tap and bottles to-go on Friday at 11:00am. They didn't mention variants.
BSD
AG
Also, if anyone picks up an extra four pack they'd like to part with, let me know. I'll be out of town.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Also, if anyone picks up an extra four pack they'd like to part with, let me know. I'll be out of town.
Same here. If any of you guys somehow get extra coffee or vanilla, just let me know. Plenty of Crooked Stave, Casey, and Bruery stuff to trade.
Jock 07
AG
I'll get you some coffee for some casey
NColoradoAG
quote:
I'll get you some coffee for some casey

You going out of town this weekend?
maca1028
I'll see what I can do on the BCBS front but I'm working Friday and won't be able to go hunting until likely next Monday, my HEB contact is supposed to keep me in the loop on what they get...we'll see.
jah003
S
ISO: Vanilla BCS FT: Left Kidney (or Jester King)
NColoradoAG
quote:
You are off. Need to add
turfman80
AG
Opened my first 2014 Backwoods ******* of the season...Founders keeps churning out great beers! Well, except for Mango Magnifico.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
You are off. Need to add

My bad... left and right kidneys.
turfman80
AG
They're making great advances in dialysis.
aggielax48
AG
Anybody had Velvet Mocha Merlin? Didn't like it.
dave99ag
AG
Thinking of making a trip to Asheville, NC over the holidays. Any breweries that are a must stop? Plan on doing one afternoon with a beer tour to hit up a couple of them.
La Fours
AG
Wicked Weed is in Ashville and people on the beer forums seem to jizz in their pants for their sours. So that's what I would recommend.
aggiemike02
AG
i got lucky and found some BCBS coffee last year which has just been aging nicely in the fridge and would be interested in a houston trade (willing to trade a bottle or two). PM any offers. Mostly interested in rare stouts.
Two Down
AG
Can't PM but very interested.
DaveHimself
AG
Central Market Ft. Worth got Enjoy By today, saw at least 12 cases at lunch today
NoneGiven
AG
Picked up a couple 4 packs of backwoods ******* today. One store here in Austin got 90 4 packs and was sold out in 5 hours. A week later I find several 4 packs sitting at a store a block away.
jah003
S
quote:
Lone star grille in cedar park will be 1 of 3 places in Austin to get a keg of bcbs. Should have it next Wednesday, if nothing changes.

Seems like a weird place to get it in... I'll certainly be there on Wednesday, though.
First Page Last Page
Page 562 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.