Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,385 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
HNIC check yo email

Responded.
maca1028
Phil Rirruto
Made a drive from San Francisco up the PCH to Russian River then through Sonoma and Napa on my way to Sacramento. Didn't find Pliny at the 3 stores I stopped (and Santa Rosa wasnt on the route) but I picked up St. Florians Flashover IPA, 3rd Street Bombay Rouge red IPA, Napa Smith Organic IPA at a little shop in Calistoga. All good, but the best of thIS trip was the Loomis Avenger Double IPA I had on tap @ Boneshaker in Roseville.

This Beer Advocate review I saw later for Avenger sums up what would be considered a weak Imperial IPA, yet somehow explains why it's PERFECT...

"Low ibus for a double, but it's nicely balanced (even if thats really not
what im looking for in an imperial). Medium bodied, hides the abv well.
Typical but pleasant hop profile and perhaps just a touch too malty.
OK."

You basically described every beer I want to drink ever.
La Fours
AG
Nice Phil. And your TexAgs handle is awesome. Love it.
jah003
S
Could any Houston folk (who are coming for the share), bring me a bottle of Black Butte XXVI? Word on the street is it's turding it up down there. However, we still haven't seen it in Austin (not sure if we even will). I'll pay you in cash or beers...

Or... If this happens to be turding it up in CS, I can just grab a bottle there.
La Fours
AG
jah - I got you. It's turding up the shelves here in town. I'll swap it for the 512.
Scriffer
AG
Community Legion just hit in Dallas. Grabbed a 4 pack at Lone Star (limit 1)
Falcon85
AG
Heading to Chicago this weekend. What else besides 3 Floyds should i try?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Just picked up Jester King Noble King and El Cedro, and Prairie Cherry Funk because of people on this thread.

Any idea when Pumpkinator will hit DFW and how to get a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA?
La Fours
AG
quote:

Drink all the Half Acre Daisy Cutter you can. Also, Pipeworks makes some damn good beer too.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Just picked up Jester King Noble King and El Cedro, and Prairie Cherry Funk because of people on this thread.

Any idea when Pumpkinator will hit DFW and how to get a Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA?

Pumkinator is being released next week. So I think you should expect it Thursday or Friday. I am pretty sure we will get it in CS the day after it is released in Houston. So I figure, DFW would get it the same time as us.
BSD
AG
quote:

Same here. You might want to hit up Hoptacular. I may be going there Saturday to see a friend that is pouring (empirical). I think most of the city's breweries will be there. http://beerhoptacularblog.com

There are tons of cool bars: local option, sheffields, map room, etc.

Falcon85
AG
Thanks LaFours; BSD that looks like a good line up, but I am heading up with some runners for the marathon, so it is unlikely they will want to head up to hoptacular..
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

Pumkinator is being released next week. So I think you should expect it Thursday or Friday. I am pretty sure we will get it in CS the day after it is released in Houston. So I figure, DFW would get it the same time as us.

Good info. I will have my wife drive to every Specs in DFW next Thursday while I'm working.
Jock 07
AG
What would my chances be of scoring an el cedro this weekend in Houston or college station? Almost wish I was flying out of DIA so I could sip on some at CS on the way to the airport.
maca1028
Should be pretty easy to find in Houston, most places I've been to had it on the shelf
army01
AG
Hennyj -- where in DFW are you? I can point you in the direction of some '13 Pumpkinator, if you are interested.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I live in Cleburne. Fort Worth has the closest stores with good craft brew variety for me. I would love to get some Pumpkinator. The only time I had it last year was at the craft beer tasting festival they had in Sundance Square.
BSD
AG
quote:
Thanks LaFours; BSD that looks like a good line up, but I am heading up with some runners for the marathon, so it is unlikely they will want to head up to hoptacular..

In that case just hit up on of those bars and drink some Pipeworks, Half Acre, and of course Three Floyds. And dont forget to hit Kumas Corner for some burgers and good beer.
army01
AG
If you are ever out around Weatherford, look for Schrick's. It's on the north side of I-20 at Exit 414. It's a little expensive, but as of about a week ago, they still had '2013 Pumpkinator, 2011 Barrel Aged Old Stock and BA Rasputin XV and XVI...you might be able to score some 120 minute there as well.
Jock 07
AG
My offering for the bottle share. My buddy said he had this stuff at Ska's anniversary party last month, said it was pretty good

Bmac04
AG
A little Loon tasting tonight. Never had any of theses before. Fou was the best but all of them were awesome!

No Bat Soup For You
AG
I drank the Noble King tonight. Jester King will be probably be taking a big chunk of my paycheck every week from now on.
La Fours
AG
quote:
What would my chances be of scoring an el cedro this weekend in Houston or college station? Almost wish I was flying out of DIA so I could sip on some at CS on the way to the airport.

Probably 0 chance in College Station. I haven't seen any JK beers on shelves in a while.
jah003
S
quote:
A little Loon tasting tonight. Never had any of theses before. Fou was the best but all of them were awesome!

Good Lord man! You win the beer thread for the day...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Good Lord man! You win the beer thread for the day...
I'd say at least the week
jah003
S
quote:
jah - I got you. It's turding up the shelves here in town. I'll swap it for the 512.

Sounds good... Thank you good sir.
cc10106
quote:
Premium Draught had some last week, so check there. I have an extra and will be in Houston and CS this weekend, so let me know if i can help ya out.
streetfighter2012
AG
Anyone heading to the big brew Houston festival in a few weeks?
La Fours
AG
I'll be at the bottle share after all.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So my wife informs me late this afternoon that a friend of hers from high school is the beer/wine guy at the League City HEB and that he posted on Facebook he was being moved to the Katy store and he had unlocked the drawers where he was keeping his secret stash. She tells me this as we're headed to her parents for dinner and I'm thinking it probably won't even be worth going. It was pretty picked over but for some reason there were two bottles of Prairie Cherry Funk left. I've been wanting to snag some and had just assumed I missed my shot.
AgEng06
AG
Was a time for the Ole Miss bottleshare ever decided on?

I was given tickets to the game today, so I might be in CS in time to swing by.
La Fours
AG
Last I saw was 2pm.
cc10106
Enjoyed bottles of No Label's Nightmare on 1st Street pumpkin ale and Texian's Summer Sandia watermelon wheat this evening. Will buy more.
NColoradoAG
I think we'll go with 2pm. I'll be opening stuff all day so anyone can come by at any time, but we'll just plan on the main time being 2pm-5pm. We'll have some food to munch on (not sure what) along with plenty of cups and water. I'll also have an empty cooler to store bottles. I'll make sure to remember name tags this time
First Page Last Page
Page 532 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.