Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,659,584 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Hit up Crooked Stave today. Very cool spot.
Did you find anything you liked? I didn't recommend it based on your dislike of sours
jah003
S
I'd love to have the share around 2... It'll give me time to tailgate before and after. As well as have some awesome beers with you fellas...

Anyone got a Temptation for trade that they can bring to the share...? If so, I've got plenty of JK.
Jegan14
AG
2 pm would be perfect for me.
wessimo
AG
Sours aren't my preferred style but the wife wanted to check out The Source for brunch so I wasn't going to pass on the chance to try CS since it is so highly touted. Tried the suggested flight plus a port barrel nightmare on brett that was very tasty. I enjoyed the experience but don't plan to become a regular sour drinker. I don't like how sours kill the palate after one beer and I'm also to cheap to buy them regularly.
62strat
AG
We went to Stave on Sat.

We got a flight of every beer on tap. Lot of beers to try for two people. Sat there for an hour staring at the bottles and telling myself I'd buy a bottle or two of the mama cherry pie. All of a sudden I look up at some point, and they are all gone

Also hit up River North (Had the fabulous Oud Bruin), and Epic brewing. (Brainless on cherries and a collab of epic's stout with some other lambic I think.. it was really good as well.)

maca1028
Drinking a Santa Fe Kriek tonight
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^How is that? Was going to try it until I saw the bottle price.

Drinking a Pirate Bomb right now and it's incredible. Aware of bottle price irony.
maca1028
It's pretty good, to be honest we just grabbed it at a local bottle shop the other day without paying attention to the price...probably won't buy again because of price tag. Otherwise it's good, I liked de Ranke kriek better.
Scriffer
AG
Decided to crack open a Consecration tonight. Just felt right

Jock 07
AG
Still don't know the exact time of the reunion but 2 would probably be a good time for me as well, now I just have to figure out what to bring down, any recommendations?
La Fours
AG
Crap, not sure if I can make the share if it is at 2pm. I would prefer something closer to 4 or 5. But it might be one of those days where I tell my wife I'll be gone all day. She's not going to like that. Maybe I can blame work. I'm on call every game day, but usually any time there is an issue, it's worked out well before kick off or before I'm too drunk to help.
AgEng06
AG
Blend 2 of Omniscience & Proselytism drops this weekend at JK...
maca1028
At this point I'm glad Jester King is a 3 hour drive for me...if I lived in Austin I'd be broke, maybe divorced too.
AgEng06
AG
Luckily for me I don't have the time nor money to be spending at JK right now, because it's only about a 45 min drive for me (live in Cedar Park).
jah003
S
quote:
Luckily for me I don't have the time nor money to be spending at JK right now, because it's only about a 45 min drive for me (live in Cedar Park).

I'm in the exact same situation (even live in Cedar Park)... A new baby really puts a damper on your JK expenses. Honestly O&P is my least favorite of the JK fruited sours as well. I'm not gonna be that sad missing out on this one...
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I was there on Saturday. If I didn't go to ACL, I would have literally spent my entire weekend there.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
On a related note, if anyone has an Atrial they're willing to part with, holla at your boy.
army01
AG
Anyone know the ABV on this release of Rumpkin? It finally hit DFW this morning.
Jock 07
AG
So apparently my reunion starts at 2
Jock 07
AG
But apparently they don't start serving til 4 so 2 may still work aite
NColoradoAG
quote:

Nice. I was hoping they'd drop something this weekend. I'll be there when they open on Friday
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

Nice. I was hoping they'd drop something this weekend. I'll be there when they open on Friday

Aurelian will still be around too... They've got 600 bottles left.
maca1028
Enjoying the weather with some HT
BSD
AG
From the can like a MF bawss!!!
62strat
AG
quote:
Anyone know the ABV on this release of Rumpkin? It finally hit DFW this morning.
It says it on the bottle. Not in front of me but it's around 16 I think.
NColoradoAG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone try anything from Armadillo Ale Works yet? Just copped a Brunch Money at Spec's. Never seen it in Houston before. Excited to try it.
BSD
AG
Looking forward to having a Zombie Dust this weekend in Chicago. If I can find a Pipeworks bottle or two, I'll grab some to bring back. But in all honesty, I'd rather find this...

Gawddamn I love Three Floyds!
army01
AG
Thx Strat and NCo.
ChipFTAC01
AG
http://theweek.com/article/index/269205/will-a-bunch-of-terrible-craft-beer-ruin-the-booming-craft-beer-industry

Article about some comments made in Denver last week about bad craft beer harming the industry as a whole.
NColoradoAG
quote:
http://theweek.com/article/index/269205/will-a-bunch-of-terrible-craft-beer-ruin-the-booming-craft-beer-industry

Article about some comments made in Denver last week about bad craft beer harming the industry as a whole.
I don't think bad beer will harm the industry as a whole. Just look at Rogue. Their beer is terrible, yet they continue to grow. I do think certain markets are finally approaching saturation. Denver for example, basically has a brewery in every neighborhood. Many rely on that neighborhood to stay in operation because packaging, distribution, and shelf space are all costly or difficult. Many of these neighborhoods now have several breweries all making similar beers. There will come a point in the near future where these breweries will begin to fail because there's just not enough dollars to go around in their small geographic area.

However, there are regions of the country that are not even close to saturation. Texas for example. Average breweries will thrive as they pop up and serve the local area's thirst for craft beer. Those areas will reach saturation eventually and the strongest will survive.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Figured I'd get a spreadsheet up for the Ole Miss game. I added columns for trades if anyone wants to arrange an in-person trade. I'll clean the sheet up when I get to the PC. Made this quick while drinking G&T waiting for our PF Changs order.

http://goo.gl/a2shl7

I just updated the spreadsheet.
La Fours
AG
Oh and jegan, I am not interested in the FUN 005 at this time. Thanks though.
Two Down
AG
HNIC check yo email
turfman80
AG
Need one last thing to fall into place so I can join the monster bottle share Saturday before beating the hell out of Ole Miss!
First Page Last Page
Page 531 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.