Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,500 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by SoTxAg
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
So my wife informs me late this afternoon that a friend of hers from high school is the beer/wine guy at the League City HEB and that he posted on Facebook he was being moved to the Katy store and he had unlocked the drawers where he was keeping his secret stash. She tells me this as we're headed to her parents for dinner and I'm thinking it probably won't even be worth going. It was pretty picked over but for some reason there were two bottles of Prairie Cherry Funk left. I've been wanting to snag some and had just assumed I missed my shot.

What's the word the new HEB on 96? Do they have an open date yet?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just November as far as I know. Haven't heard anything more specific than that.
maca1028
That will be my go to when it opens...at least until the Baytown area gets one, but that's asking a lot.
Jock 07
AG
I'll be there probably from bout 2-330 or so
Echoes97
AG
Talmbout, I'll be at the bottle share w/ my home brewing partner, it'll be his first A&M tailgate/game experience so he's stoked. Anyone else need anything from Houston e.g. Black Butte, Noble King, Das Wunderkind? I can bring some, stores are pretty stocked w/ those.

I'll update the spreadsheet w/ our bottle share offerings ASAP.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Jock 07
AG
Went to JV Specs in search of the JK el Cedro only to be told that they don't come to Houston anymore. Wound up picking up a bottle of 1809 berlinerweise which is pretty good.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Went to JV Specs in search of the JK el Cedro only to be told that they don't come to Houston anymore. Wound up picking up a bottle of 1809 berlinerweise which is pretty good.

I'm pretty sure I've seen el Cedro around, either at D&Q or West Alabama HEB.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Plenty of El Cedro at Spec's on Weslayan.
NColoradoAG
Tour de Fall while waiting for my flight. Raining pretty hard at DIA. Got some extra bottles coming down. No Casey though, not enough room in my golf bag after packing stuff for jegan14
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hey guys so where exactly in Lot H is this bottle share going down? I've never been able to make one in the past but would love to come by this weekend.

I've got a bottle of Montmorency vs Balaton that needs to be opened along with an extra bottle of atrial if anyone is wanting to trade at all.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Hey guys so where exactly in Lot H is this bottle share going down? I've never been able to make one in the past but would love to come by this weekend.

I've got a bottle of Montmorency vs Balaton that needs to be opened along with an extra bottle of atrial if anyone is wanting to trade at all.

Our tailgate is along the interior divider section just northwest from the intersection of Kimbrough and Olsen. Landmarks are a flagpole flying a Corps of Cadets flag and lots of strange dudes smelling their beer. Anyone email me directly if you'd like. My email is on the bottleshare spreadsheet. goo.gl/a2shl7
Ranger222
AG
Pretty cool Kickstarter for a movie on craft beer, following an opening of a brewery and another facing a trademark lawsuit.

Link
The Beer and I
Haven't posted in a while since I haven't had much exciting to drink lately. But I ran into some 2 day old Sculpin at Whole Foods in Katy and had to mention it!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Haven't posted in a while since I haven't had much exciting to drink lately. But I ran into some 2 day old Sculpin at Whole Foods in Katy and had to mention it!

wessimo
AG

Picked this up while in Denver (may be in TX but haven't seen it). Interesting mix of Belgian yeast and chocolate. Nothing spectacular.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Start of a four-day weekend for me - kicking it off with Aurelian Lure.
BQ08
AG
Anyone else have the boulevard hibiscus gose?

Stuff's my go to for easy drinking now.
txaggie05
AG
Been wondering about the hibiscus...may have to pick some up
txaggie05
AG
also updated the spreadsheet...will try to wander down that way from my tailgate
Bmac04
AG
Damn turfman... KTG 11??? Very sad I'm missing this the one game I can't make
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drinking Hop Juice from Left Coast Brewing company tonight. So good....
BSD
AG
Is this heaven?

BSD
AG
Zombie dust on tap (Moloko for the wife not pictured)

Edit: imgur attempt to cleanse the sand out of Scriffer's vag. (Just kidding Scriffer, nothing but love here)
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Is this heaven?

It would be if you'd cut it out with Photobucket
Jock 07
AG
Got into a bottle of some shiner *****ly pear **** in my dads fridge, horrible choice. Jealous of the zombie dust.
BSD
AG
quote:

It would be if you'd cut it out with Photobucket

don't judge me. I am who I am!!!
aggiechris06
AG
Longshot, but anyone know where there might still be some yet-to-be-dropped Pirate BOMB??

I missed the release hour and so apparently am out of luck, but would pay handsomely or find something to trade for anyone looking.

Namely, I can trade about as much prairie cherry funk as anyone would like...
MW13
AG
Good day at work, having some Fort George 1811 Lager. P.D.G.
Echoes97
AG
Nightcap of The Good, The Bad and The Unidragon IRS. Pretty damned tasty but not earth shattering for me.

But saw Ian Moore acoustic so all is right w the world. See you fools on Saturday!
CollinAB
AG
I've got nothing great to bring for the share Saturday. Some Abyss and that's it. Struck out on Pirate Bomb. But dammit. I'm ready to be back in College Station.
docaggie
AG
Looks like Prairie's next one is Brimstone Bomb, aged in Balcones whiskey barrels. They're planning some sort of launch events in Austin, Waco, and Dallas Oct 28-30.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stoli7
Just picked up 2 cherry funks and a sixer of mr. Pineapple.

BSD
AG
At lunch today.

Echoes97
AG
Damn BSD, great find!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
La Fours
AG
Man-O-Awe is some good ****. I drank one of those the other day.

I'll be arriving at the bottle share between 2:30 and 3pm or so.
First Page Last Page
Page 533 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.