Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,910 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dave99ag
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't have to watch the 2012 Alabama game for a while (full disclosure, did it last night)

My 17 month old woke up last night around 11:45. Ended up watching the game on SECN with him from 12-2 AM. We were both pretty tired this morning, but he gives awesome fist bumps when the Ags score.
La Fours
AG
Lol, I was up watching the game last night too. I called it a night at 1:30am though.
jah003
S
Oh yea... Gameday is finally here and I'm still on paternity leave! Actually watched the Bama game last night as well... I always take the early "night shift" (9 pm - 2 am ish) with the newborn.

Probably start with a few Zoe's today before the game. If the Ags are down by 2 touchdowns or more a Temptation will be opened at halftime. Post game celebration beer could be JK MVB, JK Tempranillo, '12 Sucaba... or all of the above. Maybe Bed Bath and Beyond or some 50 cent sonic corn dogs after the game... I'm not sure if we'll have enough time. If the Ags lose I'll head to Walgreens and snag a case of big flats.

Oh, and... If you'd still like to enter a chance to win some JK Peach Sour, you're down to 4 hours!
SecoKid
AG
Gameday! Starting off with a JK Provenance then a BCBBW. May swing by Central Market on the way home to see if they have anything new as well.
maca1028
I'll be starting out with RA gose then going to RRBC shadow of a doubt, not sure after that.
Gig 'em Ag's! BTHOsc!

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 8/28/2014 1:52p).]
La Fours
AG
Whatever beer my buddy has at his house is what I'm drinking.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Will be sippin on the keg of homemade Blonde.
AgEng06
AG
Let's do this...

BTHO SC!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not the Stoic seems like the appropriate choice for me right now.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Managed to pace myself & stick to one Pliny so far. Bourbon County Barleywine to start the second half.
CollinAB
AG
Kenny's killing it. And we're gonna start killing some beers.
Scriffer
AG
In all honesty, I don't even know what I've been drinking. Daveag's wife is very good at pilfering booze.
CollinAB
AG
What a damn game. Kenny looked lights out.
steve00
AG
Heckuva game from the whole team.

Game time drinks
jah003
S
Celebrating good times tonight...

In other news, both Scriffer and streetfighter2012 tied for the JK Peach Sour with a guess of 72. Fight to the death will commence tomorrow. Actually... I'll think of some sort of epic tiebreaker tomorrow for you guys.
streetfighter2012
AG
JAH- this is a genius idea, and should become a beer thread staple. I'll come up with something to offer up later in the season.

Celebrating the Aggie victory with a CS L'Brett D'or Grand Cru.
La Fours
AG

Thank you so much army01. This shiiiiit is amazing.
CollinAB
AG
I'm not a huge fan of regular Temptress. But the BBA version is excellent. God I love being able to flip around between college football games while drinking some beer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I really liked Not the Stoic and cracked Mirror, Mirror too and enjoyed it. Great night.
cpscAG06
AG
BCBS

Didn't crack open the DDBA. Maybe next week
Scriffer
AG
quote:
In other news, both Scriffer and streetfighter2012 tied for the JK Peach Sour with a guess of 72. Fight to the death will commence tomorrow. Actually... I'll think of some sort of epic tiebreaker tomorrow for you guys.
maca1028
2 gose' and a shadow of a doubt!
I just bought tickets to the Missouri game, who's ready to add another bottle share to the schedule!?

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 8/28/2014 10:50p).]
La Fours
AG
quote:
I just bought tickets to the Missouri game, who's ready to add another bottle share to the schedule!?

You better effing believe it. I'm in for that share as well!!!
AggieOO
I'll (hopefully) be at every home game except Lamar. I'm in.
AggieOO
If I end up at JK that weekend, I'll buy a bottle to help grant both as winners. Not sure I will make it, but if I do, I'll donate my bottle.
army01
AG
quote:

Thank you so much army01. This shiiiiit is amazing.

Glad you liked it. How is the barrel hitting?
dave99ag
AG
Drank a lot of Westbrook at the AFS tailgate while my wife schmoozed for more booze.

Helluva game last night and we'll hit up the Westbrook brewery this afternoon.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:

I bought Mizzou tickets yesterday as well. Let's do it.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bought Mizzou tickets yesterday as well. Let's do it.

Ok, I'm good on a Missouri bottle share, my only issue is that I only make a game or 2 a year so I do not have a spot to tailgate.
jah003
S
Ok... streetfighter2012 and Scriffer... here is your tiebreaker. Guess a number between 1-100 (couldn't think of anything better). I'll use random.org and screenshot it here once I get your guesses. No price is right rules, so whomever is closet wins. Scriffer, you were first to give me an original guess, so you pick first.

In regards to a Mizzou bottleshare... I know that NColoradoAG usually hosts. However, if he's not there that weekend, I can host you guys. We set up shop right near the Association of Former Students Center and are there every weekend.
BSD
AG
I say we make them indian leg wrestle at a bottleshare before a game. Then the winner can share the bottle with us all! (Loser cant drink any at all.)
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I say we make them indian leg wrestle at a bottleshare before a game. Then the winner can share the bottle with us all! (Loser cant drink any at all.)

Lolz.
NColoradoAG
I won't be there for Mizzou. Someone will have to step up for that one.
steve00
AG
Heading to Portland this weekend. It's mostly a cocktail, restaurant, hiking trip, but I'm trying to fit in one brewery. Any suggestions?

I'm leaning toward Cascade right now. Deschutes has a tasting room, but the actual brewery is hours away.
AgEng06
AG
I also just booked our trip for the Arkansas game. Any of you guys going to be there?
First Page Last Page
Page 509 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.