Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,107 Views | 62488 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by hbc07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct that it is at the coors brewery in golden but one of their main guys just left them to go open Casey and is supposed to be one of the best up and coming breweries.
AggieOO
quote:
If anyone sees that and wants to hook me up, I'll make it worth your while.

good luck. it was gone as fast as it was released. hit austin last week. VERY limited amounts went to houston and dfw yesterday.
Scriffer
jah003
S
Allright dudes (and dudettes?)... I've convinced my wife that we can make a trip to JK on the 12th to grab a few bottles of the JK Peach Sour (Fen Tao). I'm feeling generous and I know my wife won't want her bottle (she's just my mule). So... let's have a little "competition" for that bottle. Any form of payment will not be accepted.

Guess how many total points will be scored in tomorrow's SC v. A&M game. Guessing closes at 5 pm tomorrow. Closest to the total takes the bottle (no price is right rules... you can go over). A few "rules"... If there is a tie, I pick my favorite poster (not really... we'll figure something out).

- Email me your guess so we don't clutter up the thread (email: jah 003 at shsu dot edu). Just put JK contest or something in the subject line.
- You have to be a semi active poster on this thread. Don't want random lurkers coming out of the woodwork and taking my JK.
- You must be able to meet me in CS or Austin. I'll be at every home football game... and when Im not at a game I obviously live in Austin.
- If you already planning on getting a bottle... please stay out of this contest.
- If you trade the bottle... I will personally come to your house, shake up a bottle of Texas Big Beer Queens Release, set it on the ground, walk away, and laugh...

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 8/27/2014 4:00p).]
army01
AG
quote:
I will personally come to your house, shake up a bottle of Texas Big Beer Queens Release, set it on the ground, walk away, and laugh...
docaggie
AG
No, no, no.
You don't set it on the ground.
It has to be on the top shelf of your beer closet or fridge, that way it coats several dozen other bottles with glass particles and funky beer.

Bonus points if it dribbles out of the closet where the disapproving wife can find it first.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
La Fours
AG
JAH is the man. Fantastic.
La Fours
AG
quote:
No, no, no.
You don't set it on the ground.
It has to be on the top shelf of your beer closet or fridge, that way it coats several dozen other bottles with glass particles and funky beer.

Bonus points if it dribbles out of the closet where the disapproving wife can find it first.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
JAH is the man. Fantastic.
Green Fairy
AG
For those of you in charleston you need to check out the charleston beer exchange on exchange street near broad. Dayum. Too many choices. Left with some evil twin Molotov cocktail. Will definitely be back before we leave.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
There are breweries in Texas doing sours. But typically the never make distro and are brewery only or very limited local distro.

Ranger Creek Small Batch #9 should be hitting the shelves soon. It's a blackberry sour.
NColoradoAG
Jah
NColoradoAG
quote:
oh, and speaking of CO Sours, have any of you tried the AC Golden sours? I had a Hidden Barrel Apricot this weekend -- holy crap it was a mother pucker.

*yes, I know this is a subsidiary of Coors....

AC Golden produces some solid stuff. But Jock is right, the head brewer, Troy Casey, left about a year ago and started his own brewery in Glenwood Springs, Casey Brewing and Blending. I'll have plenty of his new stuff at the bottleshares. The last beer that Troy did start to finish at AC Golden was Framboise Noir, which was ridiculous good.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Made it to IOP, finally. Westbrook White Thai as a reward.

NcoloAG where y'all staying? We're in a townhouse right across from windjammer.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 8/26/2014 3:29p).]

Looks like we're pretty close. We have a house at 3105 Palm Blvd. Any good places close to there for craft?
62strat
AG
i have a peche and 2 krieks in storage.

i have absolutely no qualms with drinking AC golden, knowing that it's Coors' craft sector. Hell I wish all the big 3 focused heavily on the other 30 categories of beer. Would be easy to find them!
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
quote:
Made it to IOP, finally. Westbrook White Thai as a reward.

NcoloAG where y'all staying? We're in a townhouse right across from windjammer.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 8/26/2014 3:29p).]

Looks like we're pretty close. We have a house at 3105 Palm Blvd. Any good places close to there for craft?

Windjammer has a few local brews on. The Harris teeter grocery store has a decent selection. They had Westbrook gose yesterday.
maca1028
Nice jah!
NColoradoAG
quote:
They had Westbrook gose yesterday.

Not anymore!

dave99ag
AG
Enjoyed some Gose tonight at Closed for Business. As an aside, I highly recommend Hall's Chophouse in Charleston. Damn fine cuisine!
AggieOO
Bring me back something good.
Bmac04
AG
Jah
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
quote:
They had Westbrook gose yesterday.

Not anymore!

Looks about like our fridge. Looks like a bunch of college kids are staying at out place. Nothing but beer, cheap champagne for mimosas, a few soft drinks, and random leftovers.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 8/27/2014 8:54p).]
Jock 07
AG
Drinking a community tripel tonight compliments of Scriffer. I'm not a big fan of tripels, prefer dubbels and quads, but this one is pretty good.
jwag
AG
Fours, grabbed another prairie cherry funk if you haven't found one. Pm me at breado at Juno dot com if trade interested.
La Fours
cc10106
quote:
Oh, and I just saw on facebook that Prairie is releasing a BA Bomb, only in Texas.

Excite.

Just picked up a Contemplating Waterloo at Whole Foods on Louetta. The 2013 Vintage Monks i had the other night was also very good, but Love Child No. 4 really surprised me. It's pricey but worth it.
cpscAG06
AG
Alright Ags, it's GAMEDAY.

Name your beverage(s) of choice for this evening.

I will cracking open a BCBS and a FW Double DBA (2013).

Cheers, be safe, and BTHO the cocks
army01
AG
Westbrook Gose to start, followed by Brazos Valley Stout.
AgEng06
AG
I have a Pliny and a Blind Pig in the fridge to start with tonight.
AgEng06
AG
I also picked up a few new-to-me beers yesterday:

- Epic Brainless on Peaches
- Epic Sour Apple Saison
- Epic Hopulent IPA
- Deschutes Hop in the Dark

I haven't tried any of them yet.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I have an 11pm conference call that I need to be sober(ish) for so I won't be able to get too crazy. I'm gonna start with a Pliny and see how things go. If the game is close in the fourth quarter all bets are off.
NColoradoAG
AgEng06
AG
Nicely done, NCo. Keep us updated on the goings-on in SC.
CollinAB
AG
Just fired off an email, jah.

And it's here. It's finally here. Actual, live Texas A&M football. I don't have to watch the 2012 Alabama game for a while (full disclosure, did it last night). jegan14 and I are gonna take down whatever he's nice enough to bring over and maybe some Abyss and Prairie Noir that I've got. It's looking like a good day.
WorkBoots09
AG
I have a Buffalo Bayou Red Velvet, the Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo, a SA Icon Steam, Karbach Love Street, and some homebrewed Rosemary & Sage Wit to kill tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 508 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.