Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,146 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I picked up a White Monkey earlier. I hope it's good, because I'm a sucker for wine barrel-aged Belgians.
Stoli7
any cant miss beer bars or breweries in Seattle?
dave99ag
AG
Georgetown brewery is pretty darn good in Seattle. Look up Road Dogs Brewery Tour if you want to visit a couple good breweries around town.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
In the mean time

This **** is ******** tasty!

**** YOU: PISS ON YOUR GRAVE
maca1028
Hub05
AG
Not a bad Thursday night.

14 Huna, Cali Brandy, and DB Huna

AggieOO
quote:
Was shocked by this as well... I only picked up one, but there are at least 4 cases on the floor at my HEB. I mean $17 is more than I paid for Abyss...

picked one up at HEB last night, $16.99
SecoKid
AG
Had a Real Ale 18th Anniversary Gose on tap yesterday. Had never even heard of the style but it was a little sour, like a berliner weiss , with a nice citrus finish. Would definitely recommend on a hot day if you can find on tap somewhere.
spadilly
S

Browns fan creates Johnny Man'z Ale

quote:
Cleveland Browns fan Chris Slavin was looking for the perfect name for his new Belgian-style golden ale.

And then it hit him -- Johnny Man’z Ale.

Slavin, a 33-year-old machine technician from Grafton, made the beer at The Brew Kettle’s brew-on-premise operation in Strongsville three weeks ago.

“I got a lot of people who want a bottle,” Slavin said Thursday. “But I’m pretty sure it’s totally illegal to sell them. I made them for my own personal use.”

He added that he’s not really a homebrewer and this was only the second time that he’s made a beer at The Brew Kettle, which allows people to come in and brew a small batch of beer under the tutelage of a professional brewer.

[This message has been edited by spadilly (edited 5/23/2014 9:46a).]
NColoradoAG
The ISO:FT for Johnny Man'Z Ale on the Facebook trading group was pretty entertaining.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/23/2014 10:01a).]
aggiechris06
AG
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a ticket to Buff Brew 2014 Spring Fair here in Houston that I can buy off of you for tomorrow??

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d95edc6194dec58d59e7f4faf&id=33a4d7f629
The Beer and I
Picked up a couple of classics that I haven't had in a long time, Orval and Westmalle Tripel. Sometimes I have to remind myself how good some beers are even though they are just sitting around on the shelves.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Picked up some regular BCBS at Gabriel's at Blanco/1604 in San Antonio. I think I got the last 2. They had a ton of Wine Noir, Vanilla? Noir, and Bomb! Also had Deschutes Mirror Mirror.

Thanks for the head's up! Went by at lunch today and got 2 of my own BCBS! While I was there they got a shipment of Odells Footprints in, so I picked up one of those as well. Beer guy said they only got 12 of them.
WorkBoots09
AG
It was only a matter of time with the Manz-Ale thing. I actually named my first batch of homebrew ever Johnny Manz-ale's Lunar Brew because I brewed it the week after we beat Bama. Lunar brew because only JFF and the moon can control the tide. Even threw the "Lightning in a bottle in Tuscaloosa" on there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone ever had any of the beers from Argus Brewery in Chicago? I had lunch today at Flying Saucer and I Noticed it on the board. I had a dog named Argus in college so it caught my eye. expensive beers.
CollinAB
AG
Damn rain out here at Jester King. Glad we grabbed a covered spot up on the patio. Encendía and Nocturn Chrysalis are pretty tasty though.
La Fours
AG
Nice Collin.
jh0400
AG
Has anyone tried L’Equilibrista?
CollinAB
AG
Good to see you today jah. Good times out here at JK.
Jock 07
AG
Bmac04
AG
Anyone going to JK tomorrow? I will be there at noon
jah003
S
quote:
Good to see you today jah. Good times out here at JK.

Good times indeed. Good to see you guys out there. Both Nocturn and Encendia were solid (as usual with JK). This batch of Nocturn is substantially better than the last batch IMO...
txaggie05
AG
TGIF

Jason_Ag98
AG
Lagunitas NightTime tonight...tasty.
MW03
AG
The Matilda was solid.
Scriffer
AG
Habanero Sculpin on draft tonight. Ripped my face apart when I sampled it in San Diego but becomes really drinkable as you go.
aggiejz
AG
quote:

Gonna re-visit this soon. Had it at the brewery when I was there a few weeks ago and it kind of disappointed me as far as Lagunitas goes, but I'd also drank a nice amount that day.
Jock 07
AG
maca1028
Sorry I missed you guys at jk today. Collin, by the time I saw Johns comment on untapped we had already left. I'll definitely have to make it a point to have some more time out there next time.
I liked nocturn a lot, not too tart and the fruit came through great. Not sure if it will age well, caught a little vinegar on the nose and I'm afraid it's going to be more noticeable as it ages.
The spearmint aroma on hibernal was interesting and Encendia was surprisingly good, probably because I was afraid the mescal was going to make it taste like gasoline.
Made a quick stop into twisted x on the way to NB, solid line up but nothing to write home about although the brewery was really nice and their glassware was pretty awesome.
Finally we finished by meeting friends at faust hotel, brewery downstairs, bed upstairs...nuf said!
Tomorrow, lone star and Gruene Hall!
jah003
S
Dinosaur glasses on the Prairie website right now... Do it! I just ordered a pair.
defroach
Ha I was at JK until about 330. I was at the bottle share that was happening under the far trees.
NColoradoAG
Not a huge fan of quads but this is a tasty beverage. Can't go wrong with FW

CollinAB
AG
John and I saw that bottleshare going on over there, defroach. We figured you were out there. Twisted X has a really nice tap room and everything out there. They don't make anything great but they've got solid stuff.

I think I'm gonna watch some college football games on YouTube and drink more tonight. Why not?
maca1028
quote:
Dinosaur glasses on the Prairie website right now... Do it! I just ordered a pair.

I just got on there to buy one and I'm too late...they gone.
Vernada
AG
quote:

Had one last night too. Pretty good. Seemed very much like an IPA though - I didn't really get any char.

I really appreciate the price point of Lagunitas. Most of their bombers are sub $5 and very solid.
First Page Last Page
Page 455 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.