Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,235 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rattle n hum has a good selection
txag2008
AG
quote:
Man. Deep Ellum Dream Crusher may be my favorite IPA. Really really good.

Agreed. Dream Crusher is really good.

Anyone here tried Cedar Creek's Dankosaurus IPA? Thoughts?
gordo97
AG
Enjoying the CS Billionaire right now..... Really good..... Cognac taste is fairly subtle and not overwhelming
NColoradoAG
Because Wednesday and dat new TalkBeer teku

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/22/2014 9:40a).]
Hub05
AG
Dat glassware...hnnnnnggg
Kyle98
AG
I love Dreamcrusher, my favorite local IPA, probably. I haven't had Dankosaurus yet, I've been meaning to.

Picked up some Bible Belt and Wine Barrel Noir last night to try out this weekend (or maybe even tonight, we'll see).
Scriffer
AG
Grabbed a growler of Dankosaurus a few weeks ago. Highly recommend.
AggieOO
North Austin folks...HEB on Parmer/McNeil has a crapload of Bomb, Noir, and Bible Belt out on the shelves.

i'm working from home today, so if anyone is looking that needs it, i can run back up there and see if there's any left.
Jegan14
AG
Is Deschutes Mirror Mirror worth $17 for a bomber? They're selling it at Jester King this weekend.
jah003
S
quote:
Is Deschutes Mirror Mirror worth $17 for a bomber? They're selling it at Jester King this weekend.

Was shocked by this as well... I only picked up one, but there are at least 4 cases on the floor at my HEB. I mean $17 is more than I paid for Abyss...
dave99ag
AG
I think you're paying a bit of a premium at JK. Fairly certain I saw Mirror Mirror at an HEB in Houston for maybe $15. It's good stuff though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Might be heading to Jester King this weekend. Anybody got an Atrial Rubicite they might be willing to trade for something on this weekends bottle menu?
WorkBoots09
AG
I picked up a can of Dankasaurus last week, but I haven't tried it yet. We are heading east this weekend for family stuff, but we are planning on stopping by Cedar Creek to sample anything we haven't been able to yet.

And I agree, Dream Crusher was the t*ts.

We were up in Denton last night for some reason, so we tried out Eastside Draft House. 90 taps, lots of unique, rare, local, and not so local beers available, BUT THEY DON'T HAVE FLIGHTS?!?!??! What the sh*tting f*ck? Pissed me and my wife off. I settled for 1 glass of Abyss, and she took down a Victory at Sea. We live down in Arlington, so sampling more than just Abyss was a bad idea, having a 1 hour drive back home. What's the big idea for a tap house not having flights available? Am I missing something here? I know Oak Street is the place to go in Denton, but the crowd was much smaller at Eastside. Now I know why.
cpscAG06
AG
Goose Island BC Barleywine released today in Dallas
txaggie05
AG
I'm kind of getting to the point of avoiding places that don't offer half glasses, flights, etc, unless I'm going for one specific beer.
BSD
AG
*******. Drink full pints, get hammered, raise hell, and leave!

Sincerely,
the guy who can only taste
The Beer and I
quote:
I'm kind of getting to the point of avoiding places that don't offer half glasses, flights, etc, unless I'm going for one specific beer.

I just order full pints and drink half of them. Cause I'm rich, *****!!!
AggieOO
i don't expect places to have flights, just consider it a bonus if they do.
Ags #1
AG
Bomb available at d&q and growlers
maca1028
Yep, got me some and finally grabbed some wine noir as well
corndog04
AG
In Gruene for the weekend, brought some deschutes planete rouge and some logsdons for rehearsal dinner after party tonight. Hoping to stop by jester king to pick up some goodies to bring back on the flight Saturday.
CollinAB
AG
I've made the move to Austin and picked up a couple Bombs over the last few days. Looking forward to getting into them this weekend. Tomorrow is a trip out to Jester King with Jegan14. I really enjoyed it last time, but hopefully this go round is a little cheaper.
La Fours
AG
quote:
In Gruene for the weekend, brought some deschutes planete rouge and some logsdons for rehearsal dinner after party tonight. Hoping to stop by jester king to pick up some goodies to bring back on the flight Saturday.

How did you get the Planete Rouge? That was a brew pub only release.
The Beer and I
I tried the Dogpatch Sour, Pluot, and Blackberry sours from Almanac. They are all really good, but not much fruit in each. They all taste pretty much the same.
Green Fairy
AG
Figured tonight was just as good as any to finally crack open Old Rasputin XV.
maca1028
Collin, what time are you rolling into JK?
The Beer and I
I also tried samael. Holy ****, you guys were right! It started off nice, but damn, it was so sweet that I regretted ordering it about halfway through.
jah003
S
quote:
I've made the move to Austin and picked up a couple Bombs over the last few days. Looking forward to getting into them this weekend. Tomorrow is a trip out to Jester King with Jegan14. I really enjoyed it last time, but hopefully this go round is a little cheaper.

You guys, me, and maca should grab a beer together. I'm rolling in around 4 (hopefully) if ya'll will still be around.

Dichotomous, Encendia, and Nocturn in the same weekend... Don't know if you'll get out of there without owing JK your first born (I know I won't).
Green Fairy
AG
Dankasaurus is good stuff. Snagged a single at central market last weekend. Would definitely grab a four pack in the future. Guess I need to try more cedar creek stuff.
maca1028
I'll be getting there close to one tomorrow and we will be gone by 4, have to meet some friends in New Braunfels that are too lazy to make an hour drive to jk. If anyone is there at noon I'll be in a white Aggie hat

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 5/22/2014 8:32p).]
maca1028
In the mean time

This **** is ******** tasty!
txaggie05
AG
Picked up some regular BCBS at Gabriel's at Blanco/1604 in San Antonio. I think I got the last 2. They had a ton of Wine Noir, Vanilla? Noir, and Bomb! Also had Deschutes Mirror Mirror.
Jegan14
AG
Collin and I will probably get there around 1. Maybe a little later.

[This message has been edited by Jegan14 (edited 5/22/2014 9:20p).]
maca1028
Look me up, it'd be cool to catch a beer with you guys
MW03
AG
Still never had a bcbs
First Page Last Page
Page 454 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.