Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,962 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by La Fours
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not bad, always seem to buy one each year

NoneGiven
AG
But not good.
jetch17
AG
It was fine after a delicious hop delusion
maca1028
But for a good cause
Jegan14
AG
The head brewer at Jester King is answering questions on Talk Beer. He seems really cool.

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/garrett-crowell.7882/
La Fours
AG
Post game celebratory drink. Spring softball tourney champs and we won our division regular season. Swept the titles this season.

Scriffer
AG
Left Coast Saison. Not good, but the upside is I'm drinking it while making crawfish etoufee.
The Beer and I
Please tell me that is a co-ed softball league, not exactly the most hetero trophy.

The beer is looks good though.

[This message has been edited by The Beer and I (edited 5/20/2014 9:18a).]
Falcon85
AG
Avery Brewing Samael's, oak aged ale- anyone tried it?
Jegan14
AG
quote:
Avery Brewing Samael's, oak aged ale- anyone tried it?

It's extremely malty and sweet. In a weird way. I wouldn't drink it fresh. It seems the general consensus is that it's better aged. I've only tried it fresh but I'm aging a bottle right now that I won't touch for at least 2-3 years.
Falcon85
AG
Thanks, i will take it out of the frig and put it in the cabinet for awhile.
gordo97
AG
San Antonio folks...... what are good stores to visit to find some hard-to-find beers and special releases?
La Fours
AG
The Beer and I - That is the color of the softballs we play with. This was a men's league. We were expecting tshirts like what we got for winning the regular season.
AggieOO
We play with yellow balls too.
AggieOO
Btw if any Austin folks want to blow their life savings, Hamricks is having a cellar party on Sunday.
jah003
S
quote:
Btw if any Austin folks want to blow their life savings, Hamricks is having a cellar party on Sunday.

Again...? Didn't they have one like 6 months ago? That place...
Jock 07
AG
Back porch drinking with a st lupulin and now an undercover. Also, beer guy sold me a BCBS out of his private stash but wouldn't part with one of his last 2 barleywines.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 5/20/2014 9:04p).]
The Beer and I
The barleywine is so good. Thanks again for sharing BSD. I still wish we got a chance to have it here.
cc10106
Lagunitas NightTime Ale for me this evening. It's aight.
Jegan14
AG
Has anyone had aged Saison-Brett by Boulevard? I liked it a lot when I had a fresh bottle last year but I am curious how the brett will change it with time.
NColoradoAG
I have a running three year vert of Saison Brett. I like it fresh and up to a year-ish. It just dries out too much for my tastes and the dry hopping gets stale after 2 years. Some batches have aged better than others.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/20/2014 10:41p).]
SecoKid
AG
Gordo,
I just started seeking out the special release beers in San Antonio a month or so ago, but I'll give you my thoughts. I work near the airport, so the best places to check out in this area are Total Wine, Specs, Central Market, and Whole Foods. Total Wine will be the best. If you live to the North side of town, I'd check out the Gabriel's Superstore on Blanco or one of the other Specs. The Prairie Ales are available for a while here, the Total Wine had Bible Belt, Wine Barrel Noir, and Bomb! all available yesterday. Some of the HEBs in the nicer areas of town have will even have the Prairie Ales in stock for a while. Parabola hasn't hit the shelves yet, there was an issue with the order and they are a couple of weeks behind. I'll let you know if I hear when you can get it. Happy hunting!
SecoKid
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by SecoKid (edited 5/21/2014 8:02a).]
txaggie05
AG
What Seco said
army01
AG
Brought home a growler of Armadillo Brunch Money last night. The first few sips were great...but about 4 oz in, this one becomes cloyingly sweet. Not a fan.

[This message has been edited by army01 (edited 5/21/2014 9:43a).]
MW03
AG
Interesting haul from total wine in Plano. All singles

- Blakkr by Real Ale
- Matilda by Goose Island
- Dreamcrusher by Deep Ellum Brewing Co.
- CoCoNut Porter by Maui Brewing Co.
- Lakefire Rye Ale by Grapevine Craft Brewery
- Numb Comfort barleywine by Deep Ellum Brewing Co.
gordo97
AG
thanks for the info secokid!
Ags #1
AG
Along those same lines does anyone know of a good beer store/bars in NYC? Will be heading to manhattan for a few days an wanted to see what I could get into and possibly bring back
newarmy2014
AG
quote:
Along those same lines does anyone know of a good beer store/bars in NYC? Will be heading to manhattan for a few days an wanted to see what I could get into and possibly bring back

I've never been but I've heard Tørst is worth checking out. The founder of Evil Twin Brewing owns that bar.
Scriffer
AG
Pony Bar over in Hell's Kitchen had really good stuff when I was there several years ago
Ags #1
AG
Thanks! I will try and check both of those out
K Bo
AG
Blind Tiger Ale House http://www.blindtigeralehouse.com/
Robert C. Christian
AG
Went to Torst, Pony Bar, and Rattle N Hum when I was there in December.

Torst - Really awesome bar visually, its like beer heaven. Great selection of beers, especially sours. You can get 4 oz pours and sample lots of different beers which is nice. Big downside, if you are in Manhattan it can be a PITA to get to/from.

Pony Bar - Not as big of a selection as Torst but it has two hand pumps and lots of local beers.

Rattle N Hum - Was a good location for us as we stayed a couple blocks away. Went on the night of the day SantaCon happened, which caused them to be out of a ton of stuff, and there were lots of annoying drunks there. Menu had a wide selection at least.
AggieOO
Standings in the village...sports bar with about 10 rotating taps. There's a good belgian bar over by west 4th, but I forget the name.

If you are willing to go to Brooklyn, hit the brewery in Williamsburg.

M favorite beer (and cheese) place was bier, in park slope.
MW03
AG
Man. Deep Ellum Dream Crusher may be my favorite IPA. Really really good.
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.