Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,571 Views | 62656 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by swampstander
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will be my last beer tonight.

The lemon has turned astringent. This was from batch 1 bottles in Feb '13. Very yeasty as well. Not really digging it.

[This message has been edited by la fours (edited 4/27/2014 10:49p).]
army01
AG
Mix Lakewood Temptress with some Founders Rubæus. Fan-effing-tastic...not that I would ever do such a thing....
CollinAB
AG
The watermelon on the finish of the Hibernal Dichotomous you mentioned on Untappd was probably my favorite part of that one. It was perfect for the warm weather out there this weekend.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 4/28/2014 12:32a).]
La Fours
AG
quote:
The watermelon on the finish of the Hibernal Dichotomous you mentioned on Untappd was probably my favorite part of that one. It was perfect for the warm weather out there this weekend.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 4/28/2014 12:32a).]

Yeah. It really does bring a nice clean finish that is refreshing. Much better than Hell or High Watermelon. I mean, I know they are different styles of beer but the use of watermelon is much cleaner and a better flavor from JK.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Army that sounds amazing! I will be trying that tonight because I love Temptress.

Did you get to try the Raspberry Temptress they brewed this year around Valentine's Day?

I'm hoping to get my hands on some of the Mole Temptress they just brewed too.
army01
AG
I did indeed. Had a couple of growlers of it, as it was on draft at Central Market for a few days.

I'm hoping we are able to get some of the Mole variant this year.
NColoradoAG
LaFours, did you get into those HF growlers?
maca1028
Specs on bay area in clear lake still has dr14, I just called and they are holding me some
La Fours
AG
NCol, oh yeah. Drank the Double Citra Friday night with a buddy. Got greedy and drank the Ephraim Saturday afternoon by myself. Both were pretty ****ing phenomenal. But, I liked Double Citra better. Oh and Arctic Soiree was pretty damn good too.
La Fours
AG

I don't have a pick from the double Citra growler because I was busy playing 42 at a friends house.
maca1028
Also baytown specs has dr14...Baytown, I'm lucky if I can find shiner there usually.
aggiejz
AG
Day 2 trip update/humblebrag..

Got to Russian River 10 minutes before they opened and there were already people waiting outside. I'm glad I got there early, because it filled up fast and was 2-deep at the bar before noon. Crazy. And awesome. So very awesome.

Got a pint of Pliny and the full flight. Highlights were Consecration, Sanctification, and Supplication. Sent home 2 boxes of goodies via FedEx so hopefully those all arrive safely and I can bring some to the share Saturday. Oh, and best coasters ever.

Bear Republic was up next.

I liked the Heritage (scotch ale), Mach 10 (DIPA), and Grand Am (pale ale), and the highlight was the Black Berry Old Baba Yaga (an RIS aged in oak barrels with berries).

I decided to head to Third Street Aleworks back in Santa Rosa to watch the Rockets game, which I'm still mad about today.

The beer was.. okay. They had a couple that were huge misses - like I didn't even finish the pour on the flight level misses - but a few solid ones too. Puddle Jumper was an okay pale ale and my favorite was their Stonefly Oatmeal stout.

Down in the city today thru Thursday, so we'll see if my liver survives.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Nice work JZ! That looks like a day that many of dream to have in the future. Thanks for the pictures so we would live vicariously through you.

I guess I will have to find a way to make it down for some bottle shares so I can try some of those RR sours.
La Fours
AG
aggiejz - is this just a beercation or are you in the area for work as well?
Green Fairy
AG
I have drank an unnaturally large amount of bud light and yeungling in Gulf Shores. Blind Pig is a decent pale ale. Definitely need to hit up the foley piggy wiggly on the way home Friday. Kinda feels weird saying piggly wiggly and craft beer but it didn't disappoint.
Bmac04
AG
Arriving home to a Vermont care package is a great way of start the week. Can't wait to try the double sunshine. Anyone had it before?

Vernada
AG
quote:
Specs on bay area in clear lake still has dr14, I just called and they are holding me some

Was at Kroger on West and BW8 around 430. They had 4-5 cases sitting out.

I passed. Most Belgium yeasts don't agree with me.
turfman80
AG
A big Gig'em to CollinAB for bringing me a couple of Hibernal Dichotomous back from JK. Thanks!
HulkGrogan
Not really giving a single F on DR this year. I'll pick some up if I come across it to try, no major boner though
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Opened up some Brother Thelonius tonight. This is good stuff.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Not really giving a single F on DR this year. I'll pick some up if I come across it to try, no major boner though

Likewise. I give zero s**ts about this style: guess it helps I'm in Bama-land this time around.
Green Fairy
AG
If any Houstonians would like any Bells, sweet water, etc brews, let me know. I'm happy to bring back from AL. Should have more room on the home bound trip. Probably run to the store tomorrow in preparation for the ribs birthday on Wednesday so let me know by midday.
The Beer and I
The heb by my house had a bunch, I grabbed a six pack. I'm not that excited about it either, but I had to pick it up.
maca1028
So was greenhouse released in Houston today too?

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 4/28/2014 9:12p).]
maca1028
This is gewd!
La Fours
AG
Nice maca. What did you trade for it?
La Fours
AG
This is what I'm drinking right now.

CollinAB
AG
I remember that one. Liked it a lot last year. How's it holding up?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I was in whole foods earlier in Houston and I now realize they had DR. Saw a guy with a purple sixer is his basket. He had something else too. I find myself wondering what that was because the DR wasn't out. Must have been in the back.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I remember that one. Liked it a lot last year. How's it holding up?

It is awesome. I was a big big fan last year and it's even better. More smooth and mellow.
maca1028
MvB, Tempranillo were the main ones, ru55, a couple of hops and grain beers were the extras. Also got 2 petit mutants, a focal banger and HF daybreak in the deal
jah003
S
quote:

Don't really know the answer (I'd assume soon since the last batch made it down there), but cracked the newest Greenhouse tonight and it's my favorite batch thus far...

If anyone who will be at the bottle share wants some Greenhouse just let me know. I can probably procure some if you let me know by tomorrow.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
aggiejz - is this just a beercation or are you in the area for work as well?

Work as well. Got a conference from tomorrow til Thursday. The last few days have just been a beercation though.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't really know the answer (I'd assume soon since the last batch made it down there), but cracked the newest Greenhouse tonight and it's my favorite batch thus far...

If anyone who will be at the bottle share wants some Greenhouse just let me know. I can probably procure some if you let me know by tomorrow.

In for some greenhouse. Will email shortly.
maca1028
I saw someone tweet with a haul of greenhouse from a dr14 release, just not sure where they found it.
First Page Last Page
Page 440 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.