Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,054 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Jock 07
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pulled something out of the back of the cellar for my birthday tonight: 2011 Abyss.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
aggiejz - is this just a beercation or are you in the area for work as well?

Work as well. Got a conference from tomorrow til Thursday. The last few days have just been a beercation though.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work do you do?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Pulled something out of the back of the cellar for my birthday tonight: 2011 Abyss.

Nice
Jock 07
AG
Had a cigar city collaboration (can't remember with who) tropical triple tonight and a bunch of ****ty COS breweries barrel aged attempted beers. The tripel was pretty decent. Oh yeah and Ska's mandarin Modus which was pretty good as well.
La Fours
AG
This is good.

p
cc10106
Zoe's keeping me company while i burn the midnight oil. Love this stuff.
aggiejz
AG
quote:

I work in HR for a small consulting company.
Two Down
AG
Green Fairy - I am in Houston and would be down for some Bell's if you are still offering. Would give you the cash and a brew or 2 for your troubles.
defroach
Our Saturday tasting (with distorted bottles and all thanks to the panoramic):

Furlock Bones
AG

this was last nights beverage of choice. it's tasty.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Tusker is the best beer made. Hard to find here in the states.

Sorry, I have been out for Lent and then in Tanzania for the past three weeks, but if we are talking about the same Tusker beer that I had in Tanzania then you sir are either stoking a fire or just plain wrong....had that beer and the only thing it was good for was the bottle cap that I was able to add to my collection, which took me three attempts As they kept stealing the bottle cap from me at the bar

[This message has been edited by aggiechris06 (edited 4/29/2014 10:55a).]
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I work in HR for a small consulting company.

My wife does HR as well. What is the name of the conference?
aggiejz
AG
It's called the Jobvite Summit. Jobvite is the applicant tracking system that we use at our company.
jah003
S
Ok fellow "LSU bottler sharers"... I've way overbooked myself Saturday. Totally forgot that Final Review is Saturday morning and I'll need to attend that since my brother is a Senior. Also, didn't realize that I've got a ton of family that'll be in CS on Saturday as well. So, best case I can get out to the share around 11:30. Also, aggiejz, I won't be able to host since none of my family will be going to the game/tailgating.

With all that being said, I'd still like to come and hang out with you guys. Any chance ya'll would want to push the share back a bit and head up to the game a little late? I doubt I'll even go up there since I am incredibly bad luck this year. Don't feel like you need to cater to me, though. Like Ron Burgundy once said "Just tossing it out there... If you don't like it you can go ahead and throw it right back".
aggiejz
AG
No problem, sir. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to pushing it back a bit. Sure would be nice if Aggie Alley was still a thing and we could just do the share out in LF and watch the game.. But alas.

Another option could be doing it after the game instead of before? Or maybe doing some before and some after? I'm up for whatever. Y'all let me know what you're thinkin.
CollinAB
AG
I can walk to Olsen from my apartment in about five minutes, so just about anything works for me.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
aggiechris, email me your address at dougingalls at gmail dot com

Damn...was off TA for Lent...am I too late?
HulkGrogan
Kroger by the house had an asston of DR, picked some up for the hell of it

Quantum ace
AG
On a trip to Kentucky last week, we stumbled across a store that had several cases of BCBS Barleywine. I didn't have room to bring back more than a 4-pack, but we enjoyed it while we were there.
HulkGrogan
Hooker
kwammer
you can pick up a Tusker at DisneyWorld at the Animal Kingdom park....and figure it is quite unremarkable.
HulkGrogan
This is actually pretty nice

Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Green Fairy - I am in Houston and would be down for some Bell's if you are still offering. Would give you the cash and a brew or 2 for your troubles.

Not a problem. I'll see what I can grab on our way out on Friday. I've seen Two Hearted and Oberon. What's your email? I'll let you know Friday if I was able to get anything.
Green Fairy
AG
Also snagged some cigar city Jai Alai and Tallgrass brewing Ethos IPA. That Jai alai is awesome.
62strat
AG
Man I walked into my beer store and saw a chick coming out the bomber room with two 12oz Avery beers.. I got all giddy. It was the Rufus Corvus barrel aged sour.

I walk in bomber room and see the spot on the shelf with the tag and 'limit 2 per customer'.. All gone

But they still had a RR consecration left from the weekend shipment, so I'm not quite as sad as I could have been.
FtBendTxAg
AG

DEBC dream crusher. Delicious.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
you can pick up a Tusker at DisneyWorld at the Animal Kingdom park....and figure it is quite unremarkable.

Ahh, but surely not as fresh as in the country in.which it is made...have to have it in Tanzania to appreciate the full mediocrity of the beer...amd the four other beers made in that country
jah003
S
Ok... any way we can get things started around 11 or so on Saturday for the bottle share? I'd be fine with getting things started after the game (3 ish) as well. I figure those that want to go to the game can head up whenever and those that don't can stay down at the share (if we do start at 11)... I'd even be down for heading up around the 7th (if they still let you slide in without a ticket after a certain point like the good 'ol days).

My guess is I can show up around 11:30. Really hoping final review doesn't go past 2 hours... aggiejz, shoot me an email sometime. I can probably help out with tailgating/bottle share supplies.

Oh... and how about I bring a 12-14 (512) Double Pecan Porter Vertical for messing everything up?
La Fours
AG
There is a texags radio chat crawfish boil going on before/during the game. I would be all for pushing back the start to noon. Or a little later.
Jock 07
AG
Still hoping the Rufus makes its way down here
aggiejz
AG
It's been a long day so I'll shoot you an email tomorrow jah. We'll iron out all the details soon.
Jegan14
AG
I'm cool with starting later too. Around 11 and/or after the game works for me.
62strat
AG
Forgot to add:
I walked by some of these:

So of course I bought some. They come in pairs of course.

No, that's not a potato in the pic!

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/30/2014 9:10a).]
aggiejz
AG
I'm okay with 11 for the share. First pitch is 12:05, so that gives us an hour or so to take down some beers. And then we can definitely come back after the game and crack open anything we don't finish in that hour. If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago, I might've said I'm okay with going to the game late but we're suddenly back to the point where this is a huge series.

I'll re-post the spreadsheet link when we get to a new page.
BSD
AG
Wynkoop had that on tap when I was there last year. I passed.
First Page Last Page
Page 441 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.