Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,439 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
gordo97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is still illegal to ship beer to Texas.

booooooooooooooo

dave99ag
AG
Think I'll pick up some Prairie this weekend. I saw it on the shelves, but wasn't sure about it. TexAgs helps make that decision easier.
62strat
AG
Was able to pick up three Avery Uncle Jacob Stouts. One for now, one for aging and one for whoever on here would like one. Any takers?
It will be a little pricey at $13 plus shipping.
aggiejz
AG
Interested but my phone doesn't want to let me PM you.. Still available? I can email you.
BSD
AG
quote:
It is still illegal to ship beer to Texas.

booooooooooooooo

I didn't say you CAN'T do it, I just said it was illegal.
NColoradoAG
Gotta get those stars
aggiejz
AG
Totally forgot I dropped my sub.. Haha whoops.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
and so does AB in Rockwall (if you're out this way).

It was there at lunch today, had plenty.
Two Down
AG
BSD - NColorado - 62strat and any of our other experts:

My father is going to San Diego in a week and has agreed to mule back a suit case worth of beer to me (SUCKER!).

Other than the obvious mandate to get me all of the Pliny and RRBC sours he comes across, are there any other must have pick ups while he's out there? I am a sucker for IPAs and good sours but also enjoy stouts from time to time.
NColoradoAG
Tons of options. I think a San Diego Beer Threader is on here now.

I love Alesmith IPA, X Pale Ale, and Speedway Stout. I don't know if Drakes gets down there, but they make some great hoppy beers. Knee Deep Brewing as well. I don't know how he'll be traveling and all, but if he's down to visit a taproom and bring a growler back, have him hit Societe. Their stuff is off the charts (head brewer is formerly of the widely overrated Bruery)
BSD
AG
Does Societe do growler fills? If so, that is a must.
NColoradoAG
I think you have to buy the fancy $25 aluminum swing top, but yes, they do fill growlers.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/26/2013 4:53p).]
BSD
AG
And there it is (didn't realize you posted that before me). I'd get an Alpine Nelson as well. Maybe something from Lost Abbey and a Speedway Stout.

Some good bottle shops are Beverages 4 Less, Olive Tree, and Bine and Vine.
BSD
AG
Then other brewer at Societe is from Houston I think. And one of them was at RRBC. One of my winemaking friends has several of his cab barrels down there ready to receive some sours. I think it will be under a different label than Societe but it will be Societe made so it should be great. I don't know how much will be bottled but I've made it clear that I want some!
NColoradoAG
Can't believe I forgot Alpine. Although, it's a bit of a trek.
The Beer and I
Drinking a Rodenbach Grand Cru, I'm not huge into sours, but pretty good for the price.
62strat
AG
quote:
Interested but my phone doesn't want to let me PM you.. Still available? I can email you.
metaltim at sbcglobal dot net

Damn I found a happy hour gem; mellow mushroom just opened in park meadows area, south Denver, about 4-5 miles from my house. $3 CO draft beers until 6:30 m-f. About 45 CO beers on tap (out of 50 total taps... def. CO-centric.) On top of that, my AHA membership gets buy one get one free for one round. Wife and I each have a card so we get two free beers. Two Odell 5 barrel pale ales, a funkwerks saison and an Avery reverand quad = $6! And bartender gave us two MM pint glasses when we inquired on the price.

That's pretty damn tough to beat.

Third round I went for a crazy mountain 'blame it on the boil' sour. $3 still. I'm pretty happy with this. Already joined the beer club for schwag and discounts.
BSD
AG
quote:
Can't believe I forgot Alpine. Although, it's a bit of a trek.

Some of those bottle shops should have it, though. I did that trek last year. Good times!
AggieOO
drinking Tank 7. one of my favorite beers.

quote:
Where are yall finding Prairie? Not in TX right?

hell, i bought mine at HEB.
The Beer and I
Tallgrass 8-Bit Pale Ale. Tasty, not to mention the coolest can on the market.

AggieOO
drinking my last Spotted Cow. Amazed i was able to buy almost a year's supply of New Glarus last year. This is it, but I'm headed back to Wisconsin in 3 weeks, so I'll get my fill. Plus, I'll probably buy a crapload and pack it for shipping once the weather cools off.
jah003
S
quote:
drinking my last Spotted Cow. Amazed i was able to buy almost a year's supply of New Glarus last year. This is it, but I'm headed back to Wisconsin in 3 weeks, so I'll get my fill. Plus, I'll probably buy a crapload and pack it for shipping once the weather cools off.

Good 'ol Spotted Cow... Reminds me of my summers in Wisconsin. I'm headed up that way for a wedding in early January. I think I'm gonna pack one change of clothes and save the rest of my suitcase for New Glarus. I'm also visiting friends in Chicago before the wedding. Maybe I'll just bring an extra suitcase...
AggieOO
i bought almost $200 worth of New Glarus (and a few others) last september when we were up there. We drove, so I had plenty of space. Then I had a second round of seasonals shipping back around christmas by my gf's dad.

I'll probably track down some Three Floyds while I'm there too since I can't get that here.

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
MADDUD
Just got back from the Karbach Brewery tour. Great time had by all!! Love the Rodeo Clown
cr06gis
AG
just joined untappd

un: criley84
jetch17
AG
8 bit
Jock 07
AG
Picked up a bottle of ruin ten tonight finally. Got it chilling in the freezer and will enjoy it with a cigar here in a bit.

On another note when does the price of a bomber get ridiculous? Found this tonight at the liqour store. As long as folks buy it I guess.

Oh yeah and I'm headed to Stranahanas distillery tomorrow up in Denver with a few coworkers. Pretty excited as this will be my first trip to a distillery. Might swing by Breckenridge again and have some more of their barrel aged ESB which is damn good.
BSD
AG
I think I paid about that much for Bruery Fruet. Would buy again.
CollinAB
AG
Me and a buddy are gonna hit up the Karbach Tour this Saturday, MADDUD. Looking forward to it.

Bit the bullet and got some Devil Dancer. Not disappointed at all. I think it's a great beer. Fairly intimidating, but very good.
jah003
S
Finally took this down tonight...

Almost worth the hype/price I had to pay for it.
cr06gis
AG
My haul from using my gift card won at work. Store was Lee's Liquor in Vegas. Assortment was meh, but Im happy to fill the fridge.

62strat
AG
I encountered my first $30 bomber 4-6 months ago. I didn't know it was that much until they rang it up. Some Belgian tripel. I hate to admit, I put it back. I had just recently accepted paying $20 for a bomber. When I started buying bombers 7-8 years ago $10 was the upper limit if I remember.

I still like to keep them below $15.
CollinAB
AG
You picked up some nice looking stuff there, cr06gis.

As a student, bombers tend to break me. There are always just so many I want to try.
cr06gis
AG
Yeah, I saw BOIS at whole foods selling for 26.99

still rediculous
The Beer and I
So many bombers have gotten ridiculous. Makes you really appreciate Stone, who doesn't jack the price of their stuff up much. And I got KBS for $5 a bottle, not too bad when you consider breweries are pricing lesser products for $12-$20 a bomber.

I guess I should be happy that I can't get RRBC or The Bruery stuff here, I won't be tempted to spend $15/bottle or $30/bomber very often!

Also, last year I finally convinced myself that $20 wasn't too much for BBA Rasputin. While in line at Specs, I noticed it was only a 500mL bottle, which is basically a pint. I got it anyways, and it was actually worth it and will e getting another bottle this year.

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 7/27/2013 6:25a).]
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.