Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,852 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just picked up a brew dog Bashah at a store in Weatherford. With a bottle date of 11/25/10, I'd imagine it's aged a bit....
The Beer and I
Thanks for the hookup BSD, these will be enjoyed by some good folks.

On another note, giving Devil Dancer another shot today, but still not a big fan.
62strat
AG
dang I had no idea BSD cleared out his cellar. I'm not on here enough!
streetfighter2012
AG
Working through some Deviant Dale's tonight.

And to echo what others have said, thanks again for opening up your cellar with us beer thread peons BSD.
maca1028
Finally!!!
The Beer and I
NColoradoAG
Digging this. I enjoy the fruit addition. It takes the base beer to a new level. Great sourness, funk, and sweet citrus.

CollinAB
AG
Maca, I'm absurdly jealous right now. And NColorado, I'm always jealous of you. Drinking some Hoptimum tonight. Good stuff.
maca1028
Finished the night off with this

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 7/25/2013 11:27p).]
La Fours
AG
Drank this tonight.

'Merica, Eff yeah.

This was really good.
maca1028
The Beer and I
I've been dying to try some of the Prairie Ales stuff. I have a Prairie Hop in the fridge. Almost got the Merica and the Funky Galaxy, but I got a Saison DuPont cuvée dry hop instead.
aggiejz
AG
So the Buffalo Bayou Christmas in July party last night was actually a pretty good time. I recommend going next year, it was worth the $$ to me.

Gingerbread Stout on nitro I thought was quite tasty, and they had their new White Christmas (a Christmas Wit) which was pretty solid. They also had a bunch of small batch stuff, some of which was meh but others were good. Really liked this black IPA that they did with coconut and jaggery, the blood orange wit, the champagne blonde, and to a lesser extent their watermelon wit.
62strat
AG
Beer store by me just got some uncle jacob's in, think I'll swing by and see if I get lucky. They also just got 120 min in. I've actually never bought a bottle, only had it on tap.

That'll be a quick $25 or more.
La Fours
AG
So a friend of mine just moved to Laramie, WY. When she was in GA, she would bring me Terrapin beers when she would come back to Texas for holidays or whatever. She just asked me to put together a wish list for Christmas. She even linked a website listing Ft. Collins breweries.

My question for you guys, what are some of the better Odell, Funkwerks, New Belgium brews that will come out between now and Christmas time? Any others that I should have her look for? I'm guessing they will go to Ft. Collins once a month or so to shop.

Also, is RRBC available in Ft. Collins? Or is that only in Denver?
The Beer and I
I'm pretty sure that was just a way to brag about a chick that brings you beer.

I found RRBC, Lost Abbey, and The Bruery in Telluride. Not huge selections, but they were there. Too bad The Bruery is overrated.
gordo97
AG
since recently some of the beer laws in Texas were changed, does anyone know if the provision that prohibits shipping beer to Texas was challenged also?
aggiejz
AG
Came up to Saint Arnold to try the BB2 with brett and I'm quite liking it. Nice funkiness, finish could be a little better but really tasty IMO.

La Fours
AG
The Beer and I - lol, not exactly bragging. She's like an older sister to me. Her and her husband have been great friends of my wife and I for a long time.
army01
AG
quote:
since recently some of the beer laws in Texas were changed, does anyone know if the provision that prohibits shipping beer to Texas was challenged also?

whoa, whoa, whoa! Who ships beer? I know I've gotten a few packages or syrup, barbecue sauce, and maybe even some salsa. but I have NEVER received any beer.
La Fours
AG
It's not legal to ship beer to Texas. But there are places that will.

I've done some beer trades with a guy from Oregon and we shipped beers to each other. But I don't think it is technically legal.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Too bad The Bruery is overrated.

Now I think you guys are just trolling.
NColoradoAG
I hope I can find some prairie the next time it comes up to Colorado. I wish those guys had chosen someone other than shelton bros to distribute outside OK.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So a friend of mine just moved to Laramie, WY. When she was in GA, she would bring me Terrapin beers when she would come back to Texas for holidays or whatever. She just asked me to put together a wish list for Christmas. She even linked a website listing Ft. Collins breweries.

My question for you guys, what are some of the better Odell, Funkwerks, New Belgium brews that will come out between now and Christmas time? Any others that I should have her look for? I'm guessing they will go to Ft. Collins once a month or so to shop.

Also, is RRBC available in Ft. Collins? Or is that only in Denver?

Odell and Funkwerks dont necessarily have a rigid schedule of releases. Odell will put out their imperial black IPA, mountain standard, in 4packs in October. Isolation Ale is the winter six pack offering. Both are nice if you enjoy the styles. They'll put out a bomber or two in the next couple months, but I have no idea what they'll be.

The best bet for Funkwerks would be for them to just stop in the taproom and call you with the offerings. They do so many small batches so you never know what will be in. Ive bought a few bottles of Lueven lately. Its their take on a berliner style. Very good, but $14 for a 750 of a beer thats 4% and never seen a barrel could be considered overpriced. Its worth it to try, and definitely the "sourest" offering you'll find from funkwerks.

New Belgium doesnt put out anything in bottles that wont get to Texas. Only caveat being the week of GABF when they put vintage stuff out for sale in the taproom.

RRBC definitely gets to Fort Collins, but it goes fast. Pliny sells out usually the day it arrives. And now the sours are flying off shelves too. It'll be luck of the draw depending on when they're in town. I picked up some Supplication a couple weeks back. Sanctification and consecration came and went during the spring, and temptation has been mia going on a year.

The best stores in fort collins are Wilburs Total Beverage, Supermarket Liquor, 287 Liquor and Pringles. All those stores get RRBC along with the othee good CO stuff like Crooked Stave, Elevation, Copper Kettle, etc.

I'd also be down to grab RRBC sours for you as they arrive and deliver them to your mule. Im in Fort Collins all the time so it wouldnt be a big problem.
The Beer and I
quote:
quote:
Too bad The Bruery is overrated.

Now I think you guys are just trolling.

Not trolling at all. They are probably the most overrated brewery out there and will continue to be until they invite me to their Hoarders Society.
NColoradoAG
Dogfishhead is my pick for most overrated.
The Beer and I
Ah ****, you did it now. Let the 120 minute debate begin (again and again). I'll be back in a few pages when it's over.
NColoradoAG
120 minute is the most overrated beer produced in the US. It is followed closely by Dark Lord.
txag2008
AG
Where are yall finding Prairie? Not in TX right?
jetch17
AG
120 is ass, i can handle Dark Lord whenever it feels right
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
It's in Texas. Houston, at least.
BSD
AG
Aged DL is best. It's too sweet out of the blocks.
BSD
AG
quote:

It is still illegal to ship beer to Texas.
jkn09
AG
quote:
Where are yall finding Prairie? Not in TX right?

Readily available in DFW. Spec's has tons of it, and so does AB in Rockwall (if you're out this way).
La Fours
AG
We have Prairie here in CS. Prairie Hop, Merica, Funky Galaxy, and Prairie Ale. I've had the Hop and Merica and both were very good IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.