Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,632 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by SoTxAg
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sipping this tonight.

62strat
AG
Had an Anderson valley tripel tonight. Very tasty. Finally fired up untappd again, hadnt used it in a month.
Jock 07
AG
Was quite happy when I stumbled upon this this evening.
It's fallen off a bit as it should had been drank months ago but it's still pretty damned good

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/24/2013 11:27p).]
NColoradoAG

This was in the mail today. My wallet is about to take a direct strike.
BSD
AG
***** ****ing ****!

[This message has been edited by BSD (edited 7/24/2013 11:32p).]
Jock 07
AG
You know I almost popped the top on my sasion rue tonight but went with something smaller.
Haven't found anywhere out here with their stuff though. Still kicking myself for not realizing it was right around the corner from cal state Fullerton while I was out there for the series we played against them.
corndog04
AG
Think I met hbc07 this evening?
JBMurrah
I picked these up last week.

Nothing special compared to a majority of this thread, but everyone has to start somewhere.

A little birdie also informed me that we "should" be getting the DFH Chicory Stout here in Texas this year for the first time ever.
wessimo
AG
Blake I take it you are in Alabama or Georgia? Snake Handler DIPA from Good People in Birmingham is fantastic.

[This message has been edited by wessimo (edited 7/25/2013 8:43a).]
The Beer and I
Nice take JB. But what's up with all the Tabasco hidden in the background?
Jock 07
AG
Just checked Bell's distribution on their website as I miss my hop slam only to find out they bypass CO to go to AZ.
maca1028
Picked this up from downtown specs last night, has anyone had it?
jkn09
AG
quote:
Blake I take it you are in Alabama or Georgia? Snake Handler DIPA from Good People in Birmingham is fantastic.

Speaking of, what are some other recommendations for things available in Alabama that aren't in Texas? I'm headed to Gulf Shores next week and I've checked out seekabrew.com, but it's a little overwhelming. I'd like to pick up some goodies to bring home.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Bruery is completely over rated. Unless you like underattenuated boozy overpriced beer.

Yes they have a few good beers, but the rest is crapola ticker fodder.
The Beer and I
Finally figured out how to post pictures.

This is definitely one of the best stouts (non-imperial/barrel-aged/coffee/etc) I've ever had. Highly recommended if you ind yourself in an area that Bells distributes.
AggieOO
Just booked my flight to Oktoberfest.
CajunAggie
AG
^^^^ jealous
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Highly recommended if you ind yourself in an area that Bells distributes.

I'm going to be in Columbus for a day and a half in September for USMNT and will likely be bringing an extra suitcase solely for the purpose of hauling back beer. Cheers to Southwest!
jetch17
AG
Saint Arnold now with cask offerings at the brewery tours ... looks like a couple interesting bishpos barrel variations

quote:
We are serving our cask conditioned ales by the pint. We provide the pint glass. (Please return these glasses. They aren't printed with anything on them so they're not special.)

We are also offering by 9 oz balloon glass BB2B, our Bishop's Barrel No. 2 Brettanomyces. In December 2011, we filled 62 chardonnay barrels with Old Ale and added tart cherries. 54 of those barrels were destined to age for 14 months to become BB2. Eight of the barrels we inoculated with Brettanomyces, a wild yeast strain and aged for 20 months. These eight barrels became BB2B, the rarest beer we have made. BB2B has a pleasant oak note followed by a hint of cherry and a complex earthiness that carries through to the finish. There is a touch of sour that adds to the entire experience. The more it warms, the more you'll get from this beer. BB2B is available only at the brewery.

BSD
AG
Looks interesting but with anything SA, I'll remain skeptical. Hopefully they'll turn the corner someday.
aggiejz
AG
I'm off work tomorrow so I'm probably going to swing up there for lunch and check out that BB2B. Considering my main experiences with brett have been from Crooked Stave, I'm trying to temper my expectations for this one. I'll report back.

I've had the Amber cask with mosaic hops.. It's certainly better than Amber by itself, but that's not saying a ton. I also really like mosaic.
DaveHimself
AG
Beer labels in motion...pretty creative

http://beerlabelsinmotion.tumblr.com/
DonaldFDraper
AG
In San Fran for vacation... I haven't hit up the beer centric things on my list yet (Lagunitas, Toranado, etc). But I went to the Rogue Tap Room in North Beach; had a Wookie Jack and Drake's Aroma Comma. Then went to see a friend who works at a start up tech company. In addition to the free dinner they cater Mon-Thurs, they had a huge gas station size cooler of various beers. I had a lil sumpin, Racer 5, and Oak Arrogant *******. Then walked over to the Giants game and had some garlic fries and a Lagunitas IPA while watching the game. All and all a solid first day.
BSD
AG
I want to take a quick second to thank everyone who helped me clean out my beer cellar. It's not something I ever wanted to do, nor did I ever think that I'd have to do it, but you guys helped me clear about 100 bottles and I can't thank you enough. Most of those beers were personal favorites of mine so hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I have.

Now who wants some wine???????

AggieOO
I like wine, but rarely find myself drinking it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Bruery is completely over rated. Unless you like underattenuated boozy overpriced beer.

Yes they have a few good beers, but the rest is crapola ticker fodder.

LOL, you sound like the typical Bruery hater. I always love hearing people knock some of the Bruery beers as being sweet and boozy. Meanwhile, they are named Cholocalte Rain, White Chocolate and/or come with a 17%+ ABV tag. What do you think you're getting into?

Their sours are actually great values within the genre. There's been some misses (mostly overly acetic) but there aren't many breweries making American wilds that don't miss once in a while.

They are expensive, ill give you that, but craft beer is a luxury item so price is low on my list of priorities.

But, everyone's got their own palate and opinion.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/25/2013 1:48p).]
BSD
AG
Mmmmm, Bruery. Tart of Darkness, Fruet... I love that stuff.
maca1028
And we thank you BSD for stocking our beer shelves
JBMurrah
Wessimo, I am actually here in College Station. I was just on a 3800mi in eight days road trip that peaked with a behind the scenes tour of Dogfish in Milton. (Write up here http://www.beerwithblake.com/dogfish-head-tour/). I am more current on Texas beer as "The" Beer guy at Tower Point HEB.

The Beer and I, My roommates will go through a bottle a week, so I keep my stash/sampler hidden behind beer that isn't swill so they never find it.

JKN, I am a local here and don't really know the local brews of that area. Half of what I came back with was picked for me by a buddy in Auburn. The rest I grabbed while being drug through stores along the trip. I could have researched each beer sold in some of the stores I visited, but I would have spent hours drooling so I did a quick scan and grabbed what looked intriguing.

EDIT: For the sake of Untappd I am JBMurrah.

[This message has been edited by JBMurrah (edited 7/25/2013 2:16p).]
AggieOO
Wish I hadn't missed the BSD "fire sale" on beer.
wessimo
AG
Ditto on the thanks to BSD. Looking forward to trying and sharing my new stash.
gordo97
AG
wish I had spare cash for BSD's beer collection "fire sale"..... with another kid on the way my beer budget is officially miniscule
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Wish I hadn't missed the BSD "fire sale" on beer.

Co-sign.
aggiejz
AG
Another thanks to BSD. It's much appreciated!
jetch17
AG
this makes me thirsty

First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.