Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,448 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's more like it
TxKng82
AG
^^

My buddy just went back to Scotland for a few weeks and bought a few of these. He just emailed me today that he got a bottle of each of the different aged brews that were aged in Highland Park whiskey barrels. Can't wait for him to get back and share some of his bounty.
La Fours
AG
What is that Maca?

And I still have one black crack left. It should be good for another few months. But since they aged it so much already, I don't know that it will continue to improve after 6 more months or so.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think you're going to see any Karbach in D/FW right now. They just added San Antonio otherwise it's only around Houston.

That's what I thought up until a few weeks ago until I saw all their cans at 2 seperately places in Dallas for sale.

Guessing you've seen Karbach at Lonestar in Carrolton. Those guys drive down and bring it back up. Where else have you seen it?

From what Karbach has told me, they do not have any DFW plans in the near future.

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 7/24/2013 12:07a).]
aggiejz
AG
Ah nice the Harviestoun. I've had both the Ola Dubh 12 & 16 and enjoyed both, as well as the Old Engine Oil or whatever it's called. Good stuff!
maca1028
quote:
What is that Maca?

Picked it up at d&q's, it's aged in 12 year old Highland Park whiskey cask, and it is damn good
txag2008
AG
quote:
Guessing you've seen Karbach at Lonestar in Carrolton. Those guys drive down and bring it back up. Where else have you seen it?

From what Karbach has told me, they do not have any DFW plans in the near future.
Yes Lonestar Bev is where I saw loads of it. I also saw it at Specs on Walnut Hill. This may have been more of a small one time deal though as there wasn't much.
jkn09
AG
I saw a few sixers of Sympathy for the Lager at Spec's in Dallas a couple weeks ago. Seriously maybe 2 or 3 though. I should've bought them, but I had other things already picked out.
gordo97
AG
I saw a lot of Harviestoun both 12 and 16 at the new specs on I-10 and 99 last week..... didn't buy any since a little bottle is $5 each, but it sounds awesome
maca1028
quote:
I saw a lot of Harviestoun both 12 and 16 at the new specs on I-10 and 99 last week..... didn't buy any since a little bottle is $5 each, but it sounds awesome

That sounds about right on the price, that's why I only bought one
Two Down
AG
Last night, this happened.

Last night was great. Special thanks to BSD.
BSD
AG
aint no thang.
maca1028
Got this for fathers day

And traded this

For these

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 7/24/2013 2:16p).]
gordo97
AG
nice trade
BSD
AG
Nice work, Maca. I haven't had the Eugene Porter from Revolution but I have the Mean Gene Porter at home (Aged in Woodford Reserve barrels for 8 months).

That Pliny is making me thirsty.
maca1028
I put the Pliny in the fridge and plan on drinking it later, I'm also pretty excited about the whiskey but I'll report on that in the bourbon thread
army01
AG
Has anyone bought Racer X in Texas? I just saw on the TABC website that they approved the label last year....
aggiejz
AG
Not a bad start to a Wednesday night..

La Fours
AG
Racer x has been available for a few years. They even have black racer x at the specs in CS.
jetch17
AG
Karbach cold crashed Cherries of Fire today ... That ones gonna be tasty
La Fours
AG
Oh and awesome trade maca. I still haven't been able to get my hands on any Pliny. I need to get my cousin in Denver or one of my friends in SF to send me some.
jetch17
AG
Gettin funky after work

The Beer and I
Everyone is drinking (or at least trading for) some good stuff. I'm drinking a Hop Ottin', may need to step my game up tonight.
CollinAB
AG
May have some Hoptimum later, but that's about as special as I've got in my fridge right now. Nice stuff up there, maca.
The Beer and I
Nothing wrong with a little Hoptimum. Nothing at all.
maca1028
Finally had founder rubaeus, too much fruit for me
The Beer and I
This is a little more like it, Bells Kalamazoo Stout.

Don't know how to post pics, but trust me, it's delicious.

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 7/24/2013 7:56p).]

[This message has been edited by The beer and i (edited 7/25/2013 9:57a).]
CollinAB
AG
Woah, just found a bottle of DFH *****es Brew in my closet that I bought on my 21st last year. It'll be just shy of a year aged for the September 14 bottle share. I could bring that. Don't know how I forgot I had it.
army01
AG
I have never seen racer X in DFW...i had to go to Colorado Springs to get some. Damn.
army01
AG
And what is black racer X? A black IPA?
The Beer and I
Yeah, it's a black IPA. Pretty tasty too, had one last week.
CollinAB
AG
That Black Racer is what I look for in a black IPA. It doesn't just taste like a hoppy stout or porter. It's definitely an IPA.
AggieOO
Did a taste test tonight of my two versions of Grey Ghost, which is a hybrid of a dunkelweizen and a belgian white. I brewed it two different ways. There's a clear winner, but we'll see how it ages. This was the first taste, but only been a week and a half in bottles.

I also had a Prairie 'Merica during the USMNT team. A little too hoppy for me as far as saisons go, but not bad.

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
jah003
S
Tonight's beer of choice:

Really, really impressed with this. I need more!
AggieOO
i'm drinking out of the same glass.

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
First Page Last Page
Page 253 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.